MyMNCServer - Report a hacker

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by LennardF1989, December 26, 2010.

1. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

the guy is already listed.

hopefully he makes it to the next ban list update. It takes a while for updates to make it through steam, so it's possible that the list was updated AFTER uber submitted their patch.
  2. Rehmes

Rehmes New Member

Got a new autoaimer shooting invisble assasins and ppl only hs.. In game name JohnnyBob.. Trying to fraps him atm and this post will be updated later.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198020298130/

Hmm.. Had to restart my mnc to fraps him and the server went down and he joined another server which I sadly couldn't join without having him on my friendlist.

He also have some friends on his friendlist who is allready banned from the game.
  3. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

doesnt seem like this thread is being updated much, however, I am taking everything that has a ban or video proof and placing it in the steam forums ban thread here
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1674020

as you can see by the first page, uber has killed off 90% of who we found :)
  4. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

wow, it's gotten quiet lately on both steam and here for hacker reports
  5. corducken

corducken Member

It might be possible, not that I mean to give anyone ideas, that hackers are taking up griefing the foreign, non-english-speaking servers. Indeed, even the cheaters themselves may not understand English.

Players that don't understand English may not be able to effectively report cheaters and get them removed from play. English-speaking cheaters may also be able to use these foreign servers as a sort of safe haven, since as far as I know this sort of thread only exists in English format. It's sort of a conundrum, especially if lag does not affect cheaters to as much of a degree as the UT3 engine lag compensation affects normal players.

Considering players usually aim to play on low-ping, local servers, servers based in countries where English is not a primary language may have more problems that aren't being observed or reported, which may explain a drop in reports if the cheating community has realized this, which I don't doubt the more intelligent cheaters that don't blatantly cheat for the sake of griefing might have realized. Of course said intelligent cheaters may only cheat for a small portion of a game for any reason in any server and still get away with cheating right under our noses, but it's unlikely those people would be caught without any form of integrate anti-cheat anyway.

For example, I remember playing an older FPS that utilized punkbuster online. Some servers used punkbuster to automatically take screenshots of the player's screen (a rather invasive measure) and send them to the server's website along with player connection info for review every couple minutes when connected to the server. Since almost all common hacks use on-screen overlays to show information to the player (such as enemy location), it allowed admins to easily determine when someone was cheating if they had any suspicions whatsoever. If anything, it heavily reduced the effectiveness of some 3rd-party programs by forcing them to lack on-screen displays that could show enemy health, location, etc. because you'd be caught in minutes if you used them. Just throwing that out there. It was a very invasive measure, but it worked amazingly well combined with active admins.

And I'm not sure if MNC uses VAC at all, and that may heavily restrict the ability to deal with cheaters if they, by chance, use a cheat that it does not detect. For all we know it could be doing its job just fine and be slowly weeding out cheaters since it works on a delayed schedule for good reason. Regardless, I do think the game needs some better sort of accessibility to make it easier to find subtle cheaters.
  6. grimbar

grimbar New Member

VAC is used and the game isn't lag compensated.
  7. Vlane

Vlane New Member

And I hope no game uses Punkbuster again, ever. That program is a piece of ****.
  8. Myst

Myst New Member

9. grimbar

grimbar New Member

10. Litego

Litego New Member

11. Myst

Myst New Member

If they were using an accuracy endorsement and/or aiming down sights, sure, but a no-accuracy rifle can't be that accurate no matter how godly your tracking is (at least at the range in the first clip - I'll accept the others were not the best choice).

Will put some more up tonight.
  12. corducken

corducken Member

He isn't using an accuracy endorsement nor is he aiming down the sights. Assault has an extremely wide spread when using neither. Didn't look very wide to me, but the way the camera is on a gunner makes it seem like he's further than he actually is so it might be legitimate.

More conclusive evidence would be if you had him "locking" on someone like if he suddenly turns around, sometimes inverting himself and starts firing at someone behind him. That's typically hard evidence.
  13. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

so far - inconclusive

Each example shows him in your face

Also, there is a sin right under him. An aimbot would auto lock onto the closest target, which he clearly avoids.

We would need to see the entire match to see if he does the same to others.

edit:
    I would also like to add that you have ZERO armor.
    At that range, gunners will go down faster than a prom date!
    Last edited: March 4, 2011
  14. ohknee

ohknee New Member

That ho is way too hot to be a real ho. That ain't no ho! That's a Joe.

Righto. Gunner. Fat, slow, easy to track. Not that fishy there. The perfect accuracy though? Not a single bullet seemed to stray. More footage needed though. It looks like it could go either way to be honest.
  15. Myst

Myst New Member

uhm...where do you see that?
    I have silver armour on all the time.

Just trawling through vids for more evidence now (found at least one clip where he kills an assault standing next to me then immediately locks on to me, but again it is at quite close range...), probably won't have the upload done till tomorrow morning though.
  16. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

oh you're right. I was looking at the stats for the guy that killed you.
    my bad.

And dont post clips. post the whole game if possible. Even if we can see him playing in the background while you are targeting someone else, every little bit helps.
  17. Myst

Myst New Member

Bit late now...I ran out of disk space and had to delete the full recordings after taking the clips.

I'll just drop it for now then and get a full recording next time they're on
  18. corducken

corducken Member

Hack or exploit?

http://i.imgur.com/5BPBD.jpg

Regardless, I got a video of him playing dumb about it, and a couple screenshots for basic proof, to make sure it wasn't just a one-time glitch in reporting his endorsements.

It didn't appear to have any visible effect on his attack speed. They probably don't stack effects. I'm sort of wondering what his "silver" endorsement is supposed to be if he has two bronze. Maybe he has more endorsements than what is listed.

Unfortunately when I quit MNC it copied a bunch of junk to my clipboard due to a crash. I'll have to go through the videos to grab the Steam ID.

That'll also give me time to review them and see if anything else was off. Speed, reload speed, etc. They should all be at their lowest possible if he has none of those endorsements.

EDIT: 0x011000010451DE7D should be the ID

Unfortunately, I did not come into contact with him enough but it appeared all of his other endorsements were indeed nonexistent. He went down in two shotgun blasts on average, was slower than me, had normal slow gunner regen and reload. That does seem to confirm that he has ONLY rate of fire endorsements, though. I'll cut the video up so only clips of him are in the video and there's less buffoonery of me when I get the chance.

Non-custom Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198032739965/

Re-routes to: http://steamcommunity.com/id/infamous91t/
  19. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

wow, that certainly is something new.

the thing is, with gunner, doesnt he have to be fully rev'ed up to get his full ROF speed?
    If those do stack, that would be when you see the effects.

We need an uber ruling on it!
  20. corducken

corducken Member

Well, the mortar is affected, too. It didn't seem any faster than when I played a gold RoF gunner.