My Thoughts About MNC And Changes That Should Be Made.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by iiiHuman, February 16, 2011.

1. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Yes, people are selfish. That doesn't mean we balance the game around selfish people.

You asked for a reason why your idea was laughable, I gave several. You made your points, I refuted them. You say this:

I say "good day, sir."
  2. Marmalade

Marmalade New Member

Issue 1: Hell no, upgrading skills is one of the core game mechanics. Also, why are you complaining about skill upgrades as assassin? You only need to spend 550$ on your skills to play effectively, everything else is optional and has low priority.

Balance Issue 1: Hell no, shurikens are fine. They deal tons of damage against players, you can take down almost everything except for tanks in one clip. Reducing their damage against turrets isn't a bad idea, since they're currently sort of overpowered, but I don't think it's neccesary.

Balance Issue 3: You're not supposed to stand around as assassin. Honestly, if there would be some change I would find acceptable, they should remove the cloak regeneration while standing still since it's just not what assassins should be doing.

Gameplay Issue 2: Hell no, chaingrapples suck and nobody likes them, allowing assassins to see other assassins more easily would lead to even more chaingrapples. Cloaked assassins are already easy to see / hear, no need to change anything.

Balance Issue 4: I absolutely don't see the point of this, if anything, cloaked assassins should take more damage instead of less since they're already harder to detect than usual.

Gameplay Issue 3: Never happened to me, must be your internet connection.
  3. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

1. i'd ask for that too

3. no comment

5. i'd love that to happen too

6. i can see the mperfectly find when i'm hunting them down or when i'm being hunted. so... i don't really see a need. you just have to be more perceptive.

7. i'd also love that to happen

8. probably your internet problem coz that never happened to me. "still get affected" as in what?

i think there should only be one. like in LoL, mascot/fruit effer are like the baron. there is only one baron that gives advantage to one team who successfully gets it. unlike the baron in LoL, the mascot in MNC gives you good stuff as long as you're still attacking it. that means while they're focusing on mascot, you have a chance to gank them.

(too much LoL influence :p)
  4. iiiHuman

iiiHuman New Member

I love how you take that comment out of context. LOL. I had stated that in regards to you not understanding the reasons I had given to back up what I was saying. So, you again troll and do the thing you're apparently only capable of doing by trying to misrepresent what was said and/or show your continued misunderstanding and close-minded approach. I know people tend to hate change but, again, people can have different opinions. It is called "Feedback" you know. You disagree. You questioned it. I answered those questions. You whined. Enough. Sheesh!

And, you didn't really back up your own points (were there actual points you were trying to make rather than you not agreeing with them). So, you didn't really supposedly "refute" my points that I did back up. You just "disagreed" with them. Seems the one being "selfish" is you because you want to continue to live with your head in the sand and ignore the idea that the game can be improved in some ways regardless of whether or not my feedback is incorporated. I shouldn't have to repeat it, but for you I feel I must, regardless of whether or not my feedback is incorporated. Maybe I'll have to say it slower. Re gard less of weth er my feed back is in cor por a ted. LOL.
  5. iiiHuman

iiiHuman New Member

I have to say, now that I "have played the game EVEN MORE," I still stand by everything. LOL.

Now, more stuff to give my personal feedback on:

I'm happy with some of the balance changes that had come out in updates. But, there's still MAJOR discrepancies I have with the multi-player game.

I feel juice is still way too powerful. That is, in general and not just in overtime. At least for Assaults, Gunners, and Tanks.

With the exception of Longshot Turrets, I feel that turret health and power are not strong enough. But, a lot of this sometimes has to do with map design too.

Explanation of the above two comments I just made: I often see one team dominating the other in a number of ways. The "winning" team will have more life left on their money ball, have more turrets and have them upgraded at that. Come overtime, after each team's money ball drops, the "losing" team will rush the winning team's money ball with one or more Assaults, Gunners, and/or Tanks and quickly finish off that team's money ball even without taking out their turrets first. I mention map design here because it's easy to do with there's a catwalk above and surrounding the money ball so a player can be shielded pretty well while firing quick shots from a powerful weapon. And, the game is also supposed to at least partially include the aspect of being a turret-defense game. But, turrets are just too easy to destroy and can become irrelevant in overtime.

I understand that the concept behind MNC was to incorporate some powerful weapons and such for short combat game sessions. But, I feel things are still just too out-of-balance.

I also think that the money ball should have a lot higher amount of health to it. Make it so it can't be destroyed nearly as quickly and remove some of the "rushing" aspect to winning the game at the end.

Just saying. Feel free to disagree. Just try not to claim my opinions have no merit.
  6. Vlane

Vlane New Member

How long? I clock in at 185 hours and have no problem.
    Assassin is fine, if you can't play sin very well don't.

Juice is powerful if you let them be. If you actually try to defend it is not.

Rockit 3.3 = glorious
    Shaveice 3.3 = glorious

Bad defense right there buddy.
  7. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I think this huuuuman is being a little overly defensive. Several of the points you made hit the game in key components.

1.The backing out thing is good. Doesn't influence gameplay in the slightest. An added feature worth having.

2. Just about everyone is saying this is a bad idea for a reason. The upgrade thing would completely destroy the economic aspect of the game. This game is about making money. Money, Money, Money. Removing the economy would completely destroy the gameplay. Just about every strategy is based around you getting more money, or your team getting more money. I try to net as many assists as I can. That's an extra $15 for that kill my team gets as opposed to the normal $25. I know when my teammates can handle an enemy, I deal some damage and move on to the next target to increase monetary gain.

3. The assassin shurikens are fine. When I kill someone as an assassin it's usually with those suckers and not that lousy grappling nonsense. A clip of those put into the backside of an enemy is a surefire kill at less time than a grapple, and I can move. Level three cloak just brings the pain faster. I grapple when the person is being really dumb, or when I get greedy for the extra moneys.

5. Upgrade to level 3 cloak. so long as you haven't been hurt, you will be more than invisible enough while standing still.

6. If an assassin is moving while cloaked, you're able to spot them. The fact that most assassins only kill at the melee range means they're going to get in your face and their cloak is going to be a massive stain on your screen. It's fine as is.

7. Headshots should always be crits. Always. They are HEADSHOTS.

8. There are a bunch of timing bugs in this game. They get easier to predict as you play more, certain things lend themselves to buggy situations. Jackbot slams are one of those things. The only time you should be near a jackbot letting it slam is when you are an assassin that can easily clear slam with little difficulty, or if you're standing on an unused nub to stall it.

The 9 edit thing. The best suggestion I've seen in this thread. It would be better if there were a map designed with this in mind. Maybe the funhouse will benefit from this idea when it's done.

And the newer points.

Juice is an important gameplay feature. Especially with the new money nerf I see this as entirely invalid.

Longshot turrets are paper thin, I don't see where you're getting this.

Too many games go to overtime already. Overtime is supposed to be an "If neither team can net the win, everybody rush so we can get an outcome" thing. It's not supposed to happen every game, and more moneyball health would make it so Only the games you COMPLETELY roll the other team would have a chance at being successful pre-overtime.

Keep calling people trolls and no one is going to listen to you when you make points they may agree with. At this rate everyone is going to see YOU as a whiny troll, and no one is going to back you up, ever.
  8. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

i feel a lot of things too. should give more reasoning

LB's do need a buff/fix in some ways. i don't see a reason to buff other turrets.

then they're not the "winning" team. the "winning" team is supposed to secure the win and end it fast. when they allow overtime to hit, the "winning" team made a mistake and they deserve to lose. it is a major mistake to go in overtime when you're already winning since that means you fail to secure your win and let the other team have a 50% chance of winning, putting team comp aside.

according to your logic, this game does partially include turret-defense aspects already, unless you been playing OT servers all the time. even in standard servers, it does. you do defend the turrets.

i never heard Uber's statement on that so i wouldn't assume that to be the case

i feel a lot of things too

OT is to prevent long stalemates, which are boring. and if you make mistakes, your team deserves to lose.

$0.02
  9. d-roy

d-roy Active Member

I once thought like you do now [did then?], on this subject. I then played a few games more.

It's all about economy, tactics, judgement and decisions.

I've got 400 cash of value.
    Do I upgrade my Flak skill to level three? - Or do I upgrade a rockIT turret to level two?
    Do I enhance my abilities, which in turn enhances the teams offensive abilities as a whole?
    Or do I construct and/or upgrade turrets, which in turn increases the "safe zone" radius, and my teams defensive capabilities as a whole?

Perhaps I'll even present my team with the opportunity to push back the enemy by using the just-got-available annihilator? And just maybe I'll hold onto my cash for another 100 and then buy some well needed juice from one of the juice dispensers?

Also, why the hell am I replying to an old post?

Juice is powerful if you let it be powerful. For instance: A juiced Assault is easily stopped, or at least slowed down, by a Tanks charge. A small enemy headcrab! Assassins smokebomb. Supports play with airstrikes to lock zones out. And other things. Though I do agree, to a certain extent, that juice should have it's offensive capabilities toned down a bit against enemy pros to still keep juicers in the team. Just keep in mind that juiced players can still die.

Personally, I would completely re-design Lazer Blazers and Longshots. RockIT and ShaveIce are fine though.
    Turrets are merely there to help you in the defense of your moneyball. Not do the job for you. If the losing team succeeds in destroying the winning teams moneyball, they probably deserve it. Though it might be a viable option to remove juice or keep all players juiced constantly for the two-minutes that is overtime... overtime... overtime.