My release date guess...

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Sm1tty Sm1t, April 2, 2010.

1. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

It's summer in December in Australia.
  2. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Well you have me there! Since I'll actually be celebrating Christmas/Birthday in Australia, I think. Either that or New Zealand! But it will still be the first time I'll be celebrating it abroad!
  3. The Reaver

The Reaver New Member

It was a joke. -_-
  4. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

This year, summer begins June 21 and ends september 23. So there's a three month window for you guys who are still confused on the term "summer".

If I were to guess, I would say it's going to come out in August. Microsoft will, no doubt, have another Summer of Arcade this year. The past two years, the Summer of Arcade began the last week of July and went thru the end of August. My extreme anticipation for this game may be making my judgement biased, but this game will probably come at the end of the line-up since it's gonna be so awesome. My reasoning being, they wouldn't put their best game at the beginning cuz people would buy it and continue to play it instead of buying the other games.

Therefore, mid-to-late August is my release date guess.

** Summer of Arcade is a sales pitch where they have a line-up of several highly anticipated games and they release one each week. If you buy all of the titles, you get something special. Past two rewards have been entrance into a prize drawing or just 800 MS points. Such titles included in Summer of Arcade have been Braid, Shadow Complex, 'Splosion Man, Trials HD.**
  5. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I was expecting an earlier "summer of arcade" just based on the expected "big game releases" in june/july --- nothing.

Sure, Crackdown 2 and a few others may do well, but NOTHING ground breaking. I have 2 games on my XBLA radar right now: MNC and Risk: Factions. Risk is due out I think end of June, early July, which led to my speculation of an earlier XBLA SoA.
  6. XxXMullin13XxX

XxXMullin13XxX New Member

Thanks for the info there its really useful, and august isnt that far away its like 2 months, im prepared to wait that long so i really do hope you are right bronchoburns
  7. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

8. nyx

nyx Moderator Alumni

9. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

That would be perfect. We could probably have the PC version around Xmas then...
  10. mikhail_tisoy

mikhail_tisoy Member

sorry to bring up dead post but dude ! holy crap
  11. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

Yeah we know, He was going on about that for a while.

He tried to guess that MNC was going to be released on his birthday but instead the release date was announced on his birthday.

He probably knows somebody that works for Microsoft...
  12. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I wish. Dude, I live in Maine -- I'm lucky to have contact with the outside world, nevermind people that work for corporate giants.

I will say, however, that I know video games. I know what I like, I know how to read the "market" on whether a game will sell or not, and I've said all along that MNC will be a hit.
    I think I posted sales estimates, too, somewhere.
  13. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Yeah, Smitty, you called the SoA so long ago. It's too bad you missed out on that signed lithograph! I hope you get something in one of these contests!
  14. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

contest #2 is taking a lot longer than #1 did.