My Pro (create-a-class)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by broncoburns, June 28, 2010.

1. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

I started this thread for general discussion on the "My Pro" create-a-class feature, but I also had some specific questions.

1) Am I to understand correctly that a lot of the pro-tags will be unlocked via a variety of things done while playing similar to MW2's challenges? If so, will we have to then purchase them with our lifetime earnings or will they be unlocked for use once the task has been completed?

2) Will your pro-tag be specific to your profile or class? Meaning you can only use one pro-tag at time (MW2 callsign) or can you have a different one for each custom class? I assume its only one, but I figured I would ask.

3) Going by the assumption that you have to buy a custom class slot with your lifetime earnings (which may be entirely wrong), do you just buy a slot and can choose the pro and endorsements for it? Or do you buy a pro slot, meaning you buy the Assassin slot and choose your endorsements but can't change to Support? I hope you just buy a universal slot that can be changed to whatever you want! :)
  2. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

Correct. Some are available to use right when you earn them, some you have to buy. Note that your lifetime earnings never goes down. There's a difference between your "cash on hand" and your lifetime earnings.

It is specific to your profile.

You have to buy the slots and they are progressively more expensive. The slots can be set to whatever "Position" (aka Class) you want and you can set whatever Gold, Silver, and Bronze sponsors you want. So yes, you could have 6 custom Assassin builds.
  3. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I still want to know if you can have three of the same boost endorsement with a class.

For example, an Assassin with Metabolightening, LaseRazor and Sprintz.
  4. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Thanks o for taking the time to answer my questions. Just another quick one:
    So lifetime earnings is like your overall XP gained. So you have things that unlock as you reach milestones in your lifetime earnings, and there's a separate collection of "cash on hand" to spend on things you unlock?

Also, how is the amount of money rewarded to you at the end of the match figured? Is all of your contributions during the match applied to some formula based on the mode you were playing or is it a fraction of the money you earned during the match?

I understand you guys don't like to answer everything cuz it'll take away from us finding out thru playing but I always like to ask. I like to know things....

And Gentleman
    I'm only guessing here, but I think either the game will only take into account your highest level of each category (Reload Speed, Fire Rate, etc) or it will only let you select one from each category. I only think this cuz it seems like great unblance in the force it would cause. And of course the sponsors wouldn't want to endorse someone who was also promoting a competing company.
    Last edited: June 30, 2010
  5. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Cash on hand isn't a separate collection, it's what you have left from your earnings after you've spent some. Lifetime earnings is just a count of how much money you've earned in your lifetime. It's like in golf, someone can have their total lifetime earnings be several million, but I'm pretty sure they've spent some of it and only have so much cash on hand left to spend on their wives and girlfriends.

You can only have one endorsement of each category. It gets too confusing and potentially overpowered if you allow more than one.