My past two weeks

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Sorian, October 2, 2014.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Random thought for the system editor department ;) :
    If I had an API call to get the current ingame world position x/y/z of the mouse cursor in the system editor I could write a map editor that allows the user to place any brush by hand: [​IMG]

A "map" would be a custom biome when finished.
    The mapeditor will have the player select brushes from a modded ingame UI, click in the system editor, have a nodejs webserver take a htttp request with the position, rewrite the biome file, reload the planet ingame => show the result of the click: A new brush placed.

API request! ;)
    cherry on top would be a way to set mex positions, no matter how hacky it may be.
    My only idea for a potential hack -untested, may simply not work- is to make a flat brush that is generally pathable but does not allow mex spots and place that everywhere where no mex are wanted. (my hope is mex spots are "features" which can be disabled for brushes it seems)
    Also I'd like a way to place water. No idea how/if that could be done.
  2. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

I often find that when I lose to the AI (when playing against multiple AIs mind you) I have nothing left but my commander and the enemy keeps circling around it with units but refuses to attack.
  3. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

I'm liking this side of uber, coming back to speak with community.
  4. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

I am working on something right now that should help that.
    thelordofthenoobs, Remy561 and ace63 like this.
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Hello, who's working on pathing at Uber currently?
  6. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I'd assume Elijah Emerson.