Multi-threading, Performance and AI Improvements Updates 112176 / 112209 / 112214

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by panews, October 16, 2018.

1. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

We could you know test... The six in the video looks like they stopped shooting for a second or went into hold fire. Seems like a bug in itself.

Anyhows. PA has been stale since the last balance. I'm all for bringing new op units in. Changing the meta, etc. Most games stay fresh by making x unit op or y unit op to change how the game is played.

High level PA rarely sees unit drops. I totally agree it will make air superiority a lot stronger. But how much stronger... Maybe aa is the problem and not the pelican.

Basically any change is better than the same balance we have had for a long time. I'm guessing these changes can come a lot quicker now with the new team.
    MrTBSC, stuart98, nosebreaker and 3 others like this.
  2. monkeysoldier92

monkeysoldier92 New Member

for some reason, dox can only shoot air if it's at an angle, they cant shoot straight up. I thought this was intentional but never asked anyone.
  3. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

Dox have a specific angle on the turret vertical, so yeah they only shoot at a certain range, will be intentional as I imagine air above dox wouldn't have a chance to dodge the shot
  4. xankar

xankar Post Master General

I don't know man. I feel like being able to use all the units would still be more fun than the limited meta roster we have. At least then there'd be variety.

Balance doesn't mean that every unit is just a copy of each other with different stats. We're just looking for every unit to have a viable role, a place where they actually have a reason for being in the game other than being a meme unit.
    Last edited: October 20, 2018
    Nicb1, n00n, tatsujb and 4 others like this.
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

people actualy making use of infernos, vanguards, wyrms and angels ... vanguards ... HORNETS ? heck yes i would like to see the meta change ...
    be that single or multiplanet ...

constant leveler and slammerspam gets a bit stale and reminds me of the problem SupCom has for the longest time ... people just don't experiment with the unitpool or lack the motivation for some reason which leads to ever same tried and true but tireing play and casts ...
  6. MrTBSC

bluehawk is already antiground and antiorbital ... lets NOT turn it into antieverything like stingrays and having another samsonunit ..
    also how is the dox the best t1 aa unit when the spinner is primarily meant for that role? ...
    huangth and thetrophysystem like this.
  7. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

All of those things are viable and have their place. I see em get used often. Its easy to get tunnel vision and say this unit is never used, but the case is they are, most players just don't use them, I imagine if players started building hornets instead of kestrels they would see how they can help when it comes to pushing you enemy in a defended circumstance, for kiting tank armies, or for sniping key targets like tr2 energy and commanders. Sure theyre slow but a little fighter micro will save their ***, sure the other things have the mobility but they don't have the long range and high dps like a group of hornets can provide.
    I personally think the tr2 increase allows players to take a different approach to maps allowing for more diverse approaches and the need for such units to become apart of the average game of PA. The clutch of tr2 and the way it focused players to be hyper aggressive and heavy on the macro narrowed the overall gameplay imo.
  8. MrTBSC

see em get used often by who? how many are most players? 80% 70% 60% of the playerbase?

hornets turns out is not a good sniping unit ... hornets with their current behavior imo are best used with a aircomposition like say poenix + kestrels + hornets to which hornets focus down ground AA or high HP targets ..
    if you want to specificaly snipe a target then that would be what the wyrm would be for but it lacks in speed and having angels support them is als pretty costly ...
    wyrms unlike hornets actualy do focus on target when issuing a targetattackorder and ignore anything else in their flightpath where hornets will attack anything that is allong the way to the intended target ...

the costincrease for advanced factories is primarily for basic factory play to last longer before any player rushes or transists into advanced unit spam .. imho besides the cost increase for advanced factories it would be intresting to have basic fabricators also be capable to build advanced metalextrators .. which could allow for more consistent basicspam if the player so choses or prepare the transition to advanced unit play .. the current transition to advanced feels like being quite the sacrafice in unitproduction to then have a pretty high ecobbump per mexx .. so i think it could be a bit more fluid in that way ...

as for player aggressiveness ... i don´t realy know .. the way this game is with unitspam imo doesn´t realy allow for all too much passive play and defenses while not useless by themselves aren´t exactly superstrong
  9. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

Quite a lot players use every assortment of unit, its situation and map dependant.

The idea of tr1 fabs building tr2 mex is interesting, sure its tr2 being built by tr1... interesting possibilities, maybe, id like too see it in action. Dunno if it would add anything to play though. You can get so many more tr1 mex and factories and units due to being stable longer without, kinda negates getting it, with tr2 not out so early though and map positioning play more viable early on it could be something you could fit in to your build, but again I don't see the advantage really, maybe if your penned in with no expansion too much tr1 and no room to transition but other than that I dunno seems more of a hinderance to go it.
  10. MrTBSC

i mean the general idea behind is to either
    increase the early spam more than your t1 mexxes allow or if you are on lower territorycontrol to max out the eco of your teritory ..
    the other idea behind it is to have the option for either a riskier early t2 push without t2 mexxes or a safer one with t2 mexxes .. after all neither t2 fabricator buildspeed nor the options you get from any advanced factory is anything to scoff at .. so i think it could offer some intresting ways in strategy ..
  11. panews

panews Planetary News Official PA

The 112209-pte build is available in the Public Test Environment (PTE) and will go live as a hot fix later today to help us track down the cause of sim speed stalls.
    Last edited: October 20, 2018
    stuart98, NikolaMX, emarkus and 6 others like this.
  12. panews

112209 build is now live.
    stuart98, tatsujb, huangth and 4 others like this.
  13. panews

112214 build is now live with a fix for missing metal spot icons in the system editor.
    cdrkf, Remy561, Clopse and 3 others like this.
  14. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

In my latest game on testing yesterday, the game performed so awesome. It was incredible. Looks really really well so far... Thanks for this!
    netpyxa and NikolaMX like this.