Mouse + Controller Combo

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Ninja Wallace, January 25, 2011.

1. Mail

Mail New Member

Deadstretch, don't hate PC gamers! Some are dicks, but so are some console gamers. PC gamers just have readier access to forums to be dicks. That said, it's not all that hard to adjust(I did!), and I can't really see myself using both a mouse and a thumbstick. It would feel unnatural. Probably won't see myself switching from mouse+keyboard on my PC for quite a while, even if someone were to buy me some crazy control system. It's just too well suited to shooters.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I don't hate PC gamers, in fact I don't "hate" anything. Hate is such a strong word and I try not to use it. So yeah I bet most of the world thinks XBox players are whiny 12 year olds. :lol:
  3. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

[​IMG]

this, plus a mouse, is best suited for shooters. theres your thumbstick, youll beat the ***** who wants to brag about his keyboard cuz he thinks that all he needs is to practice aiming until he is unholy good. and theres your mouse, so at the same time you move more fluidly and use skills more fluidly as him, you also aim just as well while being mobile.
  4. Mail

Mail New Member

It was in reference to this. PKC is an idiot, but that doesn't make the rest of us holier than thou jackasses.
    I am not spending that much on that. I've seen things like this come and go and they've never caught on. It's one of those money sinks for people who think they can buy some tool that will be some kind of skill multiplier, like gaming keyboards and extremely expensive laser mice. :roll:
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I knew what it was in reference to. Just by his response to me I knew he was an idiot.
  6. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Index finger does C, V, F, G, B. Middle finger is for D, E, R (P) and the Ring Finger is for W and S.

The hand doesn't move very far from what it would do for WASD.
  7. PKC

PKC New Member

an idiot is someone who can't figure out how to use a keyboard, even with assistance.

haha i love how weird that is, claw man! :)
  8. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

No its not. You're ignoring the fact the mouse is your primary movement input. It directs you, WASD is just the gas.
  9. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

You could do this with an AutoHotkey script.
  10. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

I always thought that wasd sucked. I always remap to esdf because:
    a) The f key has a little bump so you immediately feel if your hand is in the right position even after you moved your hand.
    b) With esdf you have a couple more buttons to the left of your walking keys so you can map more stuff there that can be reached easily. I can reach pretty much half the keyboard on the right side without having to look or think about it. And ctrl and shift are still well within reach on the left side.
    c) I'm less prone to hitting caps accidentally.
  11. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

that is a very good point , but it still comes down to preference. and as for me i just cant use the keyboard anymore :(
  12. roadkillgrill

roadkillgrill Active Member

The older model was much cheaper, I got mine for 30$ and a used one for 15$. Its either these or replacing keyboards from wearing out the left side of them.

Also this controller has been around a while its a rather proven design now new one added blue lights and a price markup but the layout is unchanged from the first n52.

They bind nearly identical to the default input, the only change I make is to put jump on the digital down button as that is where my thumb naturally rests.

Good laser mice are usually $60-70 not much more than a new xbox controller and likely will be using much more often. I use mine for work every day and find that the the gaming mice are typicality more comfortable for extended use than the basic ones. I currently have a g500 after the mx518 died.
  13. Mail

Mail New Member

I've never had to replace a keyboard for wearing out. Spillage, yes, but this old microsoft standard has been doing the test of time for quite a while now, and I'm not gentle :lol:

I just can't see myself using something like that. I admit I use a gaming mouse, the razer diamondback. Only reason is the mouse4 button and its durability. It's lasted so long it isn't made any more.
  14. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

Which gives you exactly eight directions to go in if you're aiming at an opponent. Even just upgrading to a d-pad doubles that, and with analog you have as many as you need. This is without going into pressure-sensitivity, because there is no way I am wasting money on a gaming keyboard.