motivation > hate

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by judicatorofgenocide, October 6, 2014.

1. judicatorofgenocide

judicatorofgenocide Active Member

Give me a solid pa update with a heads up on what's to come. This will allow me to back hr hands down. The game does look like a blast.

My question to all the haters is...........will you change your tune and back hr if uber shows they're still in it for us, the players?

Will you still hate and say it's to late,they only did this because of that?

I say your right, vote with your wallet, but allow the creative genius called uber a chance to redeem themselves.

Pa is awesome. Unfinished yes,but awesome.

I think hr could be awesome too. I think it deserves to see the light of day. I also think the players should see a little proof in an update and a lose constructed plan for the future for pa first.

Let's not be the ones who bit the hand that Fed us awesome rts glory because of bad timing. Instead let's motivate that hand into action.

Uber can be a company we lean on the next couple decades for cool rts games or we can get all upset over a minor timing error not give them the chance and lose a huge creative force in the rts scene.

Lets give them a chance. They have heard us.

When they act accordingly we should let everyone across the net hear it as loudly as they heard our bickering. We should get the game funded and keep this creative giant thriving.

This also means the giant will have its eyes forward in creation of another rts after hr.

It's what the giant must do to thrive.

It is what it is.

So, shall we give em a shot or what?
    icycalm and someonewhoisnobody like this.
  2. burlayz

burlayz Member

It's great that you're enjoying PA, it really is, I wish I was too.

But a whole lot of people aren't, and promises of what's to come won't change that.
  3. bytestream

bytestream Active Member

Never use the words hater or fanboy or anything related to them if you want to start a discussion, especially not directly in the title.

With that being said, I agree with you that PA is a great game, but it's sadly also not finished, and that creates some problems. What people currently see is a company that released a kickstarted game without all the promised features. That on its own is already hard enough to explain in this day and age where early access is pretty common. And it gets even harder when you consider that there is no publisher involved telling Uber what to do. They could have simply left PA in early access till all the promised features were done, but they opted to not do that.
    Now Uber started a second Kickstarter and had John Comes pretty much lie to us in the trailer. Granted, it was just one sentence in a 6 minute video but a lie nonetheless, and that doesn't really build confidence. It's okay to be proud of what Uber has accomplished with PA, but you can't say that you "have delivered on it [PA]" when your game still misses important core features such as the option to save or the offline/lan mode and with other stuff like Galactic War just about 50% done. Calling this "delivered" isn't just hard to defend, it's impossible.

I am willing to give Uber a change, but sadly they set their own deadline for it by starting the new Kickstarter campaign right now. They now have only 29 days left to actually deliver on PA (and to fix a few things with the HR Kickstarter) or I won't back them. That however doesn't mean that I won't be playing their game once it is done, I will probably buy it on Steam as soon as it is finished. I currently just can't justify throwing money at them up front.
    nawrot, elwyn, brianpurkiss and 3 others like this.
  4. nineball1986

nineball1986 New Member

Finish pa, deliver the kickstarter promises, then perhaps i will trust uber with another kickstarter donation. Until then, they are not getting another penny from me
    nawrot likes this.
  5. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

It's fun watching the PA subforums crash into anarchy in the same way as SMNC :D
  6. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

HONESTLY THE FOURMS HAVE GONE INTO MAXIUMUM OVERDRIVE!! THERE`S NO STOPPING THIS PARTY TRAIN CHU CHUUUUUUUUU [​IMG]
    aapl2, Planktum, bengeocth and 5 others like this.
  7. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Things got so bad that even roflness came back to get in on this action.
    nawrot, stuart98, Planktum and 5 others like this.
  8. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

6p6u.png

GOTTA KEEP THE UBER AWESOME TRAIN ROLLIN' DEEP
  9. masterofroflness

[​IMG]
    I`m hidden in the shadows
    aapl2, squishypon3 and cptconundrum like this.
  10. masterofroflness

[​IMG] Yes go forth and conquer my child !
    aapl2 and squishypon3 like this.
  11. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I'm reading through the SMNC party now, realizing what I'd missed. It makes me feel quite insignificant and inconsequential. Lesson learnt that sadly I already had learnt : you can always learn from your elders.
  12. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

aint nun these trains gon' b stoppin u know all h8ers can get rekt
  13. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

I'm sure everything will calm down UBER-SOON!!!

Urban Dictionary definition
    UBER-SOON, when someone says it's coming soon but in reality it's not.
    bradaz85, bengeocth and doud like this.
  14. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

15. doud

doud Well-Known Member

16. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

Yeah but now we have a new level of sooness... UBER-SOON!!!!

Also we may need to re-write the definition of "Uber" though because the current definition just doesn't fit.

Uber
    The ultimate, above all, the best, top, something that nothing is better than.

I'm proposing

Uber
    The average, below all, the worst, bottom, something everything is better than.

Uber has given Uber a bad name.
  17. elkanfirst

elkanfirst Active Member

I start to believe that when he said "To me the game is very representative of the original vision." what he really meant, is that they made a **** lot of money out of it.
  18. pantsburgh

pantsburgh Active Member

That's the thing - we did that. It's called Planetary Annihilation. When HR releases I will give the reviews a look. Until then, no thanks; I have more good video games to play than I have time.
    nawrot, bradaz85 and ace63 like this.
  19. valheria

valheria Active Member

I do wonder at times if i play among with players who are currently with the terrorist group isis.. Because nothing else explains that level of hate
  20. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Im starting to get a lil upset myself. October 2014, and I havent even been able to play PA yet at all... Been waiting for offline to come, and yet...nothing...

If Uber wants to get any funding for me, They better get cracking on PA first...
    elkanfirst likes this.