Most Overpowered Class?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by scathis, August 23, 2010.

?

What is the most overpowered class?

1. Assassin

30 vote(s)
    6.5%
  2. Assault

15 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Gunner

53 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. Tank

9 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Support

155 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Sniper

92 vote(s)
    19.8%
  7. None, they are fairly well balanced

111 vote(s)
    23.9%
  1. Rawfulll

Rawfulll New Member

I think they can only have 3 traps out, which is 2 too many, seeing how they can stand on them, which doesn't allow an assassin to grapple.

Props to all the snipers who can handle camping a corner the entire game, I really can't handle that boredom.
  2. karr1z4j2

karr1z4j2 New Member

If you are one of the people complaining about Supports being Over powered

Play Tank, you'll win against them every time. You don't even need to be that good trust me.
  3. Rodelero

Rodelero New Member

Do you ever play a class before criticising its balance? If a sniper stands on a trap - he WILL be in range of the assassins grapple and the assassin can grapple while frozen to the spot.

A sniper stading on a trap is an easy kill as long as you don't dawdle. Frankly, if the sniper DIDN'T have multiple traps he would be assassin fodder, and completely defenceless against them.
  4. Rawfulll

Rawfulll New Member

Do you ever play a class before criticising its balance? If a sniper stands on a trap - he WILL be in range of the assassins grapple and the assassin can grapple while frozen to the spot.

A sniper stading on a trap is an easy kill as long as you don't dawdle. Frankly, if the sniper DIDN'T have multiple traps he would be assassin fodder, and completely defenceless against them.

Really? Really? Reaaaaaaally?

IT DRAINS YOUR SKILLS AND GRAPPLE IF IT IS LEVEL 3.

PLEASE, play the class, before you tell others to.
  5. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

I use the Mortar 90% of the time as a Gunner, I guess I should be called a Bomber or something then. Same thing for the Assault, does that make me a n00btuber? I'll give you the Support although once the RoF thing is fixed you might call me a Shotgunner instead. The Sniper is fair enough though. I really have limited experience with the Tank.

I could care less how much you know about the class as you think that being unable to cloak during a grapple is going to ruin it. I rarely perform back grapples and I do just fine so perhaps I'm not upset since this change suits my playing style better than yours. If you know so much about the class you'll adjust to the change just fine.

Again, I guess it depends on your playing style as I rarely spend more than $850 on my Sniper's skills (Passive 3, Trap 2, Grapple 2). Too many players feel that they have to upgrade every skill. Even so who is the bigger fool, the Sniper that camps the same spot or the Assassin that keeps feeding him kills?
  6. Rawfulll

Rawfulll New Member

If you think I feed snipers kills, you`re wrong. I just find it stupid that a long range sniper has a close range advantage.
  7. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

all i know is my fatass tank is so huge i get stuck by airstrikes or killed by the firebase they are camping on half the time after they die. today i got stuck twice in one game with airstrikes and once with two airstrikes at the same time
  8. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

When I play tank I just get airstrikes stuck to me all the time.
  9. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

Let's face some facts.... assassins were not intended to cloak while they were in mid grapple. Hence you won't be able to do it anymore after the first update. I have a feeling the dash will be greatly reduced as well. It really sounded like they wanted to say it will be changed to where they thought it should be (which was not a spammable lethal attack).

The support changes were honestly needed, except perhaps the upcoming nerf to the heal gun rate of fire. The only exception here will be if you can heal faster in the future if you use gold rate of fire.

A few days ago I saw a team of 6 assassins. At least 4 of them were cheating.... thank goodness none of them knew about the smoke bomb trick. My team made the four cheaters quit within about 3 minutes. I can't wait for the update.
  10. Rawfulll

Rawfulll New Member

Get ready to see a team of 6 supports every game :)
  11. Karishadz

Karishadz New Member

Assassins were fixed, they were a glitchy class to begin with and now there less glitchy. Hell the Assassin was buffed in this update instead of nerfed. Since now they can repeatedly spam grapples if they miss there target.
  12. Geminosity

Geminosity New Member

They reduced the cooldown on grapple. If that's not making it more spammable then I don't know what is :3
  13. faits

faits New Member

Grapples usually miss because of lag, where it looks like you're perfectly positioned and nothing happens.

In absence of an actual fix for the lag problems (unlikely) there should be NO cooldown on missed grapples.
  14. TemptedNZ

TemptedNZ New Member

Very true, in perfect worldland you could punish people for missing a grapple because they failed.

But at this point in time 99% of the time you're getting punished for lagging.
  15. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

My vote was for Snipers. Playing against Sniper, as an Assassin i had always thought they were overpowered in many ways. Also playing AS a Sniper i still have to stick to my argument saying they are over powered. My first three matches = 21-1, 17-0, 42-2. As a beginner sniper i thought these were extremely easy to achieve with little threat to me by other players.

2-3 Traps is over the limit i would think. As playing as a Sniper i would just sit on 1 trap to keep me protected from Assassins, and have 2 others purely as a way to trap other players for easy headshots. at a distance. And draining skills and grapple i have no fear running up to a frozen player, laugh in their face, then OMGBBQSauce Pwn them with my grapple.

Flak seems to be the only balanced part of the sniper. As it does very little damage, easily avoidable, Although it is used to get players out of corners to shoot them. Great against bots.

Grapple is too strong? I have to say it is playing as a Sniper. Laughing at the fact that it is the strongest grapple in the game, plus it has a throw. How the Assassin's main's of attacking is grappling, you would think her grapple would be the strongest? Not so. As a sniper, having the throw ability added with only spending 150$ instead of 550$ is too much. Everyone can easily get the 150$ to purchase the throw. Getting the 550$ will take more time throughout the game to get. Assault's and Gunner's grapple doesn't throw until paying 550$ for the 3rd upgrade.

Penetrating bullets? Getting head shots in the back of the head? Where armor is? This was extremely funny for me as where other classes should have been protected, they really weren't adding much more kills to my career that shouldn't of been.

Playing as an Assassin i thought snipers were a little overpowered.
    Playing as a Sniper i think snipers are way overpowered.

Take a look at what i wrote again before you post. If you try to counter my argument, you better have good facts, because i have laid out for you a good list, a true list of facts i have encountered playing against and playing as a Sniper.
    Last edited: September 1, 2010
  16. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I think this is the first time I've ever seen someone mistakenly use "wear" instead of "where", and multiple times..
  17. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

I love how you look past the argument for 2 grammatical mistakes, which are now fixed.
  18. Goose

Goose Active Member

Grammar is serious business guys.
  19. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

If that were true then your statement should read: 'Guys, grammar is serious business.'
  20. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

any arguments on my post?