Most Overpowered Class?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by scathis, August 23, 2010.

?

What is the most overpowered class?

1. Assassin

30 vote(s)
    6.5%
  2. Assault

15 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Gunner

53 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. Tank

9 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Support

155 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Sniper

92 vote(s)
    19.8%
  7. None, they are fairly well balanced

111 vote(s)
    23.9%
  1. mipegg

mipegg New Member

The throw is kinda laggy. You press b then the beacon comes out a second later. Its more luck than skill to land it.

Gunner mortar, tank blind grenade+charge+jet gun, assault grenade launcher+bomb, sniper flak/rifle, assasain stealth+smoke+backstab, any ejector, or just attack whilst theres bots there. The turret prioritises bots over pros.

Assasain shouldnt just be a 1 hit face grable OMGBBQlolpwnage class. Its also fair to say that immediately after a grapple (if the assasain has armour 3) you can survive the first shotgun hit and have used the smoke bomb + huge jump to be well away from the support.

The H/H gun doesnt do much damage. If your an assasain just charge away from it. Most other classes can simply turn around and kill the support using it.
  2. quaddile

quaddile New Member

34% support? I must be playing with a lot more forum-goers that I thought. :mrgreen:
  3. Goose

Goose Active Member

You're joking right? Easy 70 kills? The assassin is useless against Tanks, Supports, and gunners. I would love to see you do that well with either.

Also to the guy who said people don't think the assassins are UP. Have you been in this thread long? What about the other countless threads where people bitch about their class? The assassins have nothing that benefits them against most of the classes. You can hear them from a mile away so Supports can prep their shotguns very early, Gunners usually don't hear them due to the minigun but some good acute hears can usually pick it up and slam, Tanks are just lol. Snipers are probably the biggest threat because they can make them selves assassin proofed with traps.
  4. Rawfulll

Rawfulll New Member

Assassin is actually somewhat good against gunners, but useless against snipers. I'd rather go up against a tank than a sniper with freeze traps.
  5. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

As long as you can dodge the slam, gunners are easy kills for an assassin. At long range you can usually beat them with shurikens, especially if they make the mistake of deploying.

As for people hearing you while cloaked, you need to change the way you think about the cloaking skill. When you're behind someone, what reason do you have for being cloaked? They can't see you anyway, so all you're doing is allowing them to hear you. If you're directly in front of them, they can see you anyway, so there's little point to it. The best time to use cloak against players is when attempting to get around them, so they don't see your name tag in there peripheral vision. Otherwise, save it for protecting yourself from bots and turrets.

Right now, the only reason I would feel the assassin might be underpowered is that she is crippled so much harder than anyone else by a little bit of lag.
  6. mainvity1

mainvity1 New Member

becaause ur the overpowered class the support
  7. Vinticus

Vinticus New Member

Don't feed the troll!
  8. Beastleh

Beastleh New Member

I'm not trolling... Gunner destroys everything. upgrade passive and Slam. nothing else. start farming noob ***.

And as an assassin i can kill most tanks fairly easy. wait for the right time and dash, grapple, flashbomb jump. melee until dead. yawn. op. Assassins One shot your "overpowered" supports EVEN with a gobinumb. and assassins easily can dash+back grapple 2 shot Gunners with a gobinumb.

Supports IMO, are the like most balanced thing ever WHEN ALONE on a normal team. a group of Supports is when they're overpowered... but then again.. the game is about teamwork, 2 supports staying together.. is ,in fact, team work. So i can only support groups of supports. If you can't handle fighting against teamwork, maybe you should Try team work yourself?
    Last edited: September 6, 2010
  9. Vinticus

Vinticus New Member

I rest my case. :lol:
  10. Beastleh

Beastleh New Member

Do tell, What's your case?
  11. Vinticus

Vinticus New Member

That you edited your post, but I caught you just before you did the edit! (It says below your sig in that post that you edited) You blatantly said "nerf the assassin because I don't like it" an obvious troll remark.

But to entertain your argument of assassin is OP: in order to OHK someone you must stab them in the back with a position related grapple. By this same logic the assault's level 3 charge, assault's bombs, level 2+ sniper's grapple, tank grapple, tank charge, gunner slam, gunner grapple, and well timed ejectors are all OP since they CAN OHK based on position. However sniper headshots and support airstrikes will kill on one hit regardless of position!

Not that those are necessarily OP, just that your OHK based on position being OP statement is null and void.

Also you can catch an assassin in mid lunge with a grapple where she has to stop and slash before she can grab you, keep this in mind!
  12. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

Except that you can apparently back grapple people who are standing flush against a wall. And today I got mid air grappled a few times today from behind. Could you please explain that one?

The difference between your grapple and our skills is that you as the player can think why did that assault move behind the door like that? You can run the other way and not fall for his bomb ring out. As the player you can't do anything when the grapple hits you (can't hit juice... which I feel like you should be able to). Losing control of your character is lame and makes people angry.

Using the ejector is irrelevant as it costs $50, it's not part of a character class. Right now the airstrike is bugged like crazy.... about 80% of the time I am in cover I still get killed by an airstrike on my head.

Getting into position is rather easy considering you have invisibility, faster base movement and a dash ability. Try going for grapples when you have the slowest effective land speed (considering tank has charge every 6 seconds).
  13. Vinticus

Vinticus New Member

Lag!

Uhh, not sure where you're going with this one... But I will say that you can hear the cloak and see the assassin fairly easily from a decent distance (not sure if the same is true on a non HDTV though) and that the assassin is just as vulnerable during the grapple (I don't use that cloaking while grappling, though you'll just have to take my word on that as I can't prove it without just playing you)

again lag about the dying while in cover. Never had it happen to me unless I was lagging.

Assassin also has the weakest base health and a loud indicator "I'M OVER HERE START JUMPING AROUND SO I CAN'T GRAB YOU." and I never said grappling with the tank wasn't ludicrous to try, but that you CAN kill someone in a single strike if you send them over the edge and die if you can do it right.

Anyway people seem to misread my point so I'll put it bluntly: ALL CLASSES ARE EVEN SANS GLITCHES AND EXPLOITS! Assassins, assaults, gunners, snipers, supports, and tanks alike are neither OP or UP. People just need to learn the ins and outs, the strengths and weakness, the yins and yangs of each class.
  14. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Unable to grapple an Assault flying 1inch off the ground gets annoying, lol.
  15. Quazikill

Quazikill New Member

Support. Not that they are ridiculously OP or anything, but I feel like they need a little tweaking done to them. I personally rarely play support because its a boring class imho. My biggest deal with them is they are a little too healthy. Seems like no matter what class I play, killing a support is like trying to kill an elephant with a BB gun...
  16. Geminosity

Geminosity New Member

After a game that was lagging so badly I couldn't grapple or headshot anyone no matter how hard I tried, I've decided that whatever class your current host is playing is the most OP :p
  17. Quazikill

Quazikill New Member

QFT lol
  18. Goose

Goose Active Member

Guys, let's all just put aside our differences and discuss why the hell the Gunner's cheeks and chin are so red in the banner at the top of the site! And what's up with the the random green above and below his mouth?!
  19. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

hes having intestinal difficulties obviously.
  20. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

Lag normally isn't an issue as we usually keep leaving games until my friend with a 20/20 connection gets host. And then we stay there as long as possible.
    It's a bug in the game that front grapples and back grapples are sometimes reversed. Also when assassins are dashing you won't hear the cloak until they have already grappled you. Note the distortion effect is far less visable when the assassin is motionless.

Air strikes killing you from cover is on the known issues board.

Assassins can mitigate their low health with an armor endorsement. You might have never thought about it but it is far easier to grapple someone from behind without the cloak if you choose a proper target[/quote]

Anyway people seem to misread my point so I'll put it bluntly: ALL CLASSES ARE EVEN SANS GLITCHES AND EXPLOITS![/quote] I hate to say it but that's just not true. The gunner really only has two skills: slam/deploy. If you spend money on his grapple you are a disgrace as a gunner. It's purpose is to destroy a black jack or waste someone's juice (but only if they don't see you). The intent of the level 3 gunner deploy is interesting but poorly implemented.