Most Overpowered Class?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by scathis, August 23, 2010.

?

What is the most overpowered class?

1. Assassin

30 vote(s)
    6.5%
  2. Assault

15 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Gunner

53 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. Tank

9 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Support

155 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Sniper

92 vote(s)
    19.8%
  7. None, they are fairly well balanced

111 vote(s)
    23.9%
  1. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Because I'm curious.
  2. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

The list is missing Bullseye and Pit Girl! Pit Girl is obviously the most overpowered class in the game.
  3. faits

faits New Member

I feel like there's a pretty good balance. If anyone is overpowered I'd say it's support, but it's not game breaking or anything.

The only time I've played the class I kept forgetting which button was for which power and I still ended up with a ton of kills and second place for money (a buddy of mine who is absolutely awesome at support got mvp that match and most matches I play with him.)
  4. Slatts

Slatts New Member

All the classes are fairly well balanced.
    Support Firebase is overpowered, as is the shotgun,
    Assassin is almost impossible to kill in the right hands,
    Assaults Charge can be used ridiculously frequently, almost always for a kill, as well as a very powerful and versatile primary weapon
    Gunner can kill someone so fast they don't even have time to turn around,
    killing a (good) camping sniper is almost impossible (not to mention 1 shot kills)
    and the tank is pretty much all around amazing (he's slow (easy target for snipers) and lacks a bit in mid-range fighting but other than that he destroys everything).
    So, everything is overpowered, but in the end they all balance each other out. It's easy to take one too many head shots or assassinates or air strikes or whatever and begin declaring a class overpowered but they all pretty much balance out.
  5. karr1z4j2

karr1z4j2 New Member

I agree completely, but thats what I like. This game feels like a battle of titans. Every class makes you feel as though you are unstoppable. Putting them all together though gives a good equilibrium.
  6. Briq

Briq New Member

I chose gunner, but not because the class itself is better than other classes, but rather the bar of what it takes to be successful with the class is lower. If you can point the ret in the general direction of the bad guys you can go positive as a gunner. If you're specifically referring to the classes themselves without taking into account the skill required to play it well then I'll say everything is pretty balanced.

I don't know how you'd go about raising the skill ceiling on the gunner or if you even want to. Maybe you could make left trigger minigun have no spin up time but fire bullets in a wider spread? The right trigger would be the standard shooting, but have a longer spinup time. This would make gunners have to choose on the fly what time of shooting would be better for the situation.
  7. komanderkyle

komanderkyle New Member

the classes themselves are not overpower,
    its just getting swamped by and a team of one class type(ie,all support)

i also hate assassin :D
  8. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

All of the classes are balanced very well, in my opinion. I have no problem killing anyone.
  9. PrivateJohn

PrivateJohn New Member

I find the class to be fairly balance, of course if you really wana go indepth...first you will have to take out custom class. Otherwise, it's all good.
  10. UberSoldat 247

UberSoldat 247 New Member

The Support is the most over-powered. He is supposed to be "Supportive" not Offensive. His shotgun is so OP it can 2 shot ... every other class, maybe 3 against a 3x Armour. His Heal/Hurt gun has auto-aim and can lock on to cloaked Assassins - it won't do damage but it will find them, then all you do is pull out the shotty and kill them. They have the fastest health regen in the game, and have the same HP as the Tank if not more (i think more) The fire-base has too far of a range, and his B ability has too large of a radius because if you're anywhere near it, it's an insta-kill. Nuff said?
  11. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

With all the assassin exploits going on right now I would vote for it being the most overpowered but I know this is due to cheating.

Generally speaking the sniper seems to be the most broken class. One shot kills at range are powerful and the sniper rifle shoots pretty dang quick. Their traps are nearly impossible to destroy even when you know exactly where they are (they should able to be destroyed by bullets AND explosives). When you factor in being able to stick your gun through certain parts of the terrain and shoot, he becomes exploitable. The sniper rifle is far too accurate when you are running and jumping around.

I know people hate getting wtf owned by a gunner but they really just aren't overpowered. Have you taken a look at their upgrades? Their red button is nearly completely useless (except for bot killing) and the upgrades are a waste of money. His level three turret upgrade is the only upgrade in the game that is also a downgrade.

The gunner raises an interesting question in my mind.... should every class have an upgrade that MIGHT be a good buy sometimes, instead of always? Perhaps the assassin loses some quality for her cloak when she buys the sword. WTB dash spam nerf!
  12. Karishadz

Karishadz New Member

In my opinion, most of the classes are pretty fair, to a point.

Though the rage over Supports is always in the air. Supports Heal/hurt gun does not really do huge amounts of damage and if your locked on by a support then maybe it would be a good idea to run away or maybe fly, Since the support not really one of the most mobile Pro around. His shotgun does real good damage, if your standing right up in his face. Every other Pros weapons have the range to take out the support from long range, thus no need to get so darn close to shove your rifle in his face. And there Firebases are pretty fragile. They just pack a good punch. All you need is a lil teamwork, maybe a Smoke bomb from the assassin and concentrated fire and you will most likely take out both the Firebase and the Pesky Supports that over heals them constantly. And for there Airstrikes, well run like hell, they don't come down instantly. But when your facing a Support who pretty much spamming gapshots, that can be a problem.

Now the more common class were starting to see on the field. The Good old Gunner. Mini guns can shred in close range. Duel Miniguns is a instant kill if your in front of him. A simple head shot from a sniper equals a dead Gunner with his jet pack sending him off the map.
  13. Hawaiianspawn

Hawaiianspawn New Member

Gunners are abit overpowered.

1. double gun with gold accuracy makes him a good sniper dropper(rate of fire helps too)
    2. Grenade gun(lvl 3) destroys rockets in three shots(5 seconds or so no time to stop him)
    3. Jet packs lift gives him ability to jump spawns high walls(It feels like assaults should lift while gunners should hover)[granade 3 areana you can jump on the two bot spawns and land in their base]
    4. Slam ability is a great tool to camp spawn doors with
    5. Assassins cant kill if the gunner bunny hops(I do this ALOT, they miss i pancake)
    6. Teams of gunners are one sided for a reason(they can take out any type)
    7. Speed powerups make him abit too fast(compared to juice its almost the same)
    8. Everyone talks about sniping gunners, can you head shot a target a rapidly moving left right up and down in the head.(4 body shots needed, good luck hitting those)

550 dollars is all you really need.
    1200 dollars to max out slam and double gun(who uses deploy really)

I was top 275 for a while, ive dropped to 400 after the hackers started running the leader board. So i have some backing to what i am saying. - Hawaiianspawn11
  14. Dystopia

Dystopia New Member

Their weapons have no range, it only points out cloaked Assassins that you can see anyway, they don't have nearly as much hp as the Tank, and their firebase has no range until you waste a hack cooldown on it.
  15. DR0KZ

DR0KZ New Member

In general i think all classes are balanced really well. It's been a real surpise for me to see how well they managed to balance the game.

Support however seems just abit to much, a good(smart) player will do awesome on any class, but will be a demigod on support.
    I love playing support as much as i do any class but there are just situations where i feel sorry for the other team because they have no chance in hell they will kill me/us.
    Also because he is so good and hard(er) to counter feel to forced to play him while i rather feel like assaulting or doing some CQC on tank.
    Last edited: August 23, 2010
  16. DrSnaggletooths

DrSnaggletooths Member

I would say all classes are balanced well, with the exception of the sniper. And I am not sure if this is so much a map issue vs. a balance issue, but it just seems wrong to me that a class can effectively kill members of the opposing team from the comfort of their own base, can lock down entire lanes from a huge distance given the power of the SR. This has been my only complaint with any of the classes thus far given that from across the map I can get killed.
  17. BoltThrower

BoltThrower New Member

support is easily the most overpowered class, due to the fact that is has great defensive and offensive capabilities. the fact that I can play the support class lone wolf style, and easily get to the top of the charts is ridiculous for a class named support. I can go head to head with the tank class in close combat using the shotgun and come out the victor.

I personally would tell the developers to give assists to supports when they are healing someone, because at the moment I have no reason to heal my teammates when I don't get any assist points for helping them, and can easily do as much damage as them offensively and actually get rewarded for my efforts. You should dial down the damage of the shotgun, because it can take out most classes in 3 shots or less. I don't think you should nerf our fire base or rockets though. Firebase is great for defense, and really only the stupid people run into our firebases and get themselves killed, smart players will take them out from beyond it's range. rockets aren't really much of a threat to anyone besides gunners, and people who aren't paying attention to the big glowing circle on the ground.

My biggest complaint is that the support isn't really a support class at all. The reason I chose to main the support class is because I like to heal my teammates, but the only time I ever get rewarded is when I play offensively ( which the support is surprisingly very good at.).
  18. Vinticus

Vinticus New Member

The only things I would even want changed (not that others would) would be sniper traps, strength of hacks, and assault charge.

Sniper traps are easily replaced IMMEDIATELY after they are tripped or destroyed; maybe a cooldown like the firebase when it's destroyed could be implemented? They can only be destroyed by area of effect attacks; it would be awesome if they could be shot by a gun.

Hacks just seem to make certain turrets nearly god-like. Just a slight trade-off of hack frequency to power would be great (faster recharge for less powerful hacks).

Assault charge is ok for the most part except recharge time. It needs to be slightly increased.

Like I said these are things I'd like to see, doesn't mean that others necessarily will.
  19. fallinsinner

fallinsinner New Member

Everything seems fine but support is just ridicules. Firebase kills to fast and they basically have a auto aim weapon...
  20. Dystopia

Dystopia New Member

The Support itself is pretty balanced. Overhealed Jackbots, on the other hand...