More Options for Support Skills, and idea I got from PC Wish

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by BroTranquilty, April 16, 2011.

1. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

The PC Community is complaining about Support's Passive 3 being weak. This is obvious fail, but gave me an idea for another skill.

In a sequel, consider this idea for the support's hack:

When he presses the skill, he doesn't have to hold it down. God, this is annoying when you have a sketchy button that releases itself, effectively near-doubling the hack time. Also, when interrupted, it should restart at where it left off, with the bar slowly going down if you are interrupted.

Also, if two friendly supports are hacking the same turret, it hacks faster and recieves the higher of the 2 hacks.

Therefore, when you use hack, you don't have to hold it down, and if you are interrupted you can restart from where you left off if you restart within 5 seconds.

When he presses the skill, the hack starts loading. Meanwhile, a menu screen pops up.

The hack bar loads at the top of this new menu, to the side of the screen (so you can still see your support), and you can B button out of it.

In this menu, turrets should have their attributes listed with "pegs" next to them. Each turret has 3 spaces (to limit effectiveness and prevent hack being broken). Attributes are Rate, Range, and Armor.

At level 1 hack, the support can add 1 peg to one of the attributes at this menu (defaults to range, the player can choose something else instead). When the bar finishes loading, the turret gets this added attribute.

At level 2 hack, the support can add 2 pegs, defaulting to 1 range and 1 rate. At level 3 hack, the support can add 3 pegs, defaulting to 1 rate 1 range and 1 armor.

The only way I can see this being OP is if a support hacked an enemy turret. 3 armor attributes would be amazing on an enemy turret. However, with how bad hacking enemy turrets is now, what are the odds of that happening much?

What does anyone else things about part or all of this idea? Hack affecting armor of turrets? Hack not having to be held down?
    Last edited: April 17, 2011
  2. buffacumber

buffacumber Member

Except for the most part RoF and Range are increased with every level of hack already. No button being held down would be fine but that's really just nitpicky. Armor on turrets is really a no sorry...It's already hard enough for any class (Except gunner) to take down a 3.3 Rockit. An assassin has to slash 2-3x then smoke bomb then juice then waste basically the whole juice to take it down meanwhile if there's anything else shooting her she's practically dead. +3 armor 3.3 Rockit would be absolutely broken imo. yeah it costs $1100 to build and $550 to get lvl 3 hack but that's basically an indestructable turret. Support is fine, his hack is fine, his passive is OP if anything except lvl 3 that's a joke...
  3. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Maybe cap armor to only one increase then, but a 3 armored rokkit wouldn't have range or extra firepower.

Plus, turrets are laughable in general. At least it would actually require a gunner with juice to break a turtle team, instead of anything at all. Turtle teams are so laughable, at least give defending a wee bit of a buff.

Anywho, just a neat idea. I also agree the button holding on it's own is imperative. Also think if your hack is interrupted halfway, and you restart hacking in 5 seconds, it should resume from half, not empty. It should go back down to empty after 5 seconds if you have not yet finished hacking it.

Oh, one more thing I will add to the original idea. What if supports could "help" one another hack? Like if 2 supports hack the same turret, it will hack twice as fast and recieve whichever hack was the highest. Even enemy turrets, this would show some initiative.
  4. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

I like the part about being able to come back to an interrupted hack, but I guess I don't see why hack needs to be changed, especially to something with a lot more complexity.

This I love though.
  5. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

[​IMG]

yes!