Money earned in combat

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by deanowlord1, January 2, 2011.

1. deanowlord1

deanowlord1 New Member

So I just wanted to start a conversation about the money that you earn for doing well in mnc and what it could be used for to make purchases other than classes and tags. Would it be possible to make custom items like hats, etc? Or maybe you could spend it on different in-game dialog. What other things could you do... :?:
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

After seeing how hats worked out in TF2 I'd rather have something else. More skins for bots you spawn, modifications to weapons and armor, new hairstyles...

More Mickey Cantor, I'm always in favor of suggestion like this.
  3. Grec

Grec New Member

TF2, the greatest hat collecting simulator of our time.

Maybe it would work if they don't go overboard with it. And I heard a rumor brought from a dev that says they may have cosmetic updates available for the next DLC
  4. Enemy_Commando

Enemy_Commando New Member

You should start the round with more cash depending on your level, or perhaps a % of the cash currently in hand, as starting the round with $600-700 every time sucks. And what's the point of the extra custom slots costing more each time? As you buy the more expensive custom class slots when you earn cash you should be able to add more/better endorsements to them. The protags should be given some kinda of active boost add-on as well, seeing as they do absolutely nothing but still cost money, that or theyre just unlocked for free by achieving things in-game.
  5. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Are you suggesting that as you gain more experience and playtime the game should allow you to unlock things that would make you even more powerful against the people with less experience? If so, I disagree.
    I'm all for changes to appearance/cosmetics, extra custom classes etc. I just think that what you have outlined above just makes an unfair game experience for the newcomers. This game isn't going to be around forever and if the Devs add things like this into the game it's just going to shorten the lifespan. I'm pretty sure nobody here wants that.
    I mean, would YOU have any fun if, since I have over 10 mil in lifetime earnings, I started a match fully upgraded and you were given 2 level 2 upgrades and had to fight through a match to upgrade yourself? Keep in mind, since I started the match with more money, I've got more money to fortify my base or just buy juice, causing me to make more money per match AND multiplying my chances to win.
  6. Enemy_Commando

Yer this is why the online arena needs a more intelligent match-up system; ie. not matching new comers with people who are like lvl50. or some kind of script/system that evens out the whole teams overall score. and yes i do think you should start with more money or partially leveled up, otherwise what's the point of gaining experience in the first place. also, the characters need to be more balanced, especially for single player mode. you cant score any cash off the mascot if your a support class in single player blitz. In comparison, using assault class with gold rapid fire and silver ammo endorsements, i can make almost $500 every time i see him. I use the mascot to top up my cash in between rounds which cant be done with support class, so hacking your own turrets should upgrade them to save you money. You should also be able to heal the moneyball in single player blitz, otherwise support is useless on their own.
  7. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I definitely agree that the match making in this game sometimes makes me :shock: .

As far as the leveling system goes, it is just an indicator of experience and play time. I still disagree with giving more power to higher level players. If Uber somehow managed to balance out the match making, lower level players would still be fighting a near impossible fight against the "leveled up" players on the other team, making it once again unbalanced.

Now, in single player Blitz, with gold rate of fore you should be able to earn quite a bit more money if you use the alt fire on the hurt/heal gun on the mascot. When I play multiplayer Blitz as a Support, I can generally get more money from him than most other players.
  8. Enemy_Commando

oi dude are you xbox or pc?
    wats your gamertag>> go some team blitz and show me how it's done?
  9. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

he is well burnt out on blitz, sorry. and something to add to the previous argument: as much money as most people earn, even the $30,000 protags turn into pocket change, and nobody is forcing you to buy any of them. if you dont want the protag, dont get it. and the custom class costs are fine for the same reasons.
  10. Enemy_Commando

you character permanently keeping their growing level could be the reward for using custom classes. what reason have you got to buy custom classes (aside from endorsements) if not being able to keep your experience leveled up?
    you should also be able to switch classes in single player blitz, and when you change classes in any mode, your upgrades should stay purchased. you shouldn't be punished for changing classes when you need to because the whole opposing team is using assassins *cringes*.
  11. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

the developers have already stated that they disallowed class changes in blitz for a reason. and are you saying that you lose levels when you buy stuff? that is not the case. and you shouldnt be able to keep upgrades when switching classes, i think that then you could work up 500, switch to your fully leveled assassin, cut down a base, and then swap back to an assault.
  12. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Just to clear it up but you level is based off of Lifetime Money earned. You could level up equally between Blitz and Crossfire, they are not different levels. The experience you gain is the knowledge of the game.

When I play Blitz with a Silver RoF Support I have no problem earning loads of money off of Bullseye. Just make sure to stay close and hold left trigger with the h/h gun, it's alternate fire.

What else does custom classes offer beside endorsements?
  13. ManaCorporation

ManaCorporation New Member

Why does everyone keep saying RF2 is omg about hats? Nobody here played the french MMORPG, Dofus? THAT, my friends, is the greatest hat collector simulator of all times.
  14. deanowlord1

deanowlord1 New Member

I don't think anything you buy should affect game play. I think it should be just cosmetic because that way, the game is still fair to newer players and it adds something to strive for.
  15. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

More Custom Class Slots
    Gear
  16. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

yes
  17. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

Hey enemy commando I've played with you before!

This is HI IM SNARF. My new gamer tag is LOL LOL LOLZ. Send me a FR if you ever wanna play.