Monday Night Hat Fortress 2!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Polynomial, January 23, 2011.

1. Llamatron

Llamatron New Member

For a moment there was screenies with a small white bot but they disapeared now, or were there here before? Never noticed it and it was definitely not a MNC character I know.
  2. Tiller

Tiller Active Member

Well the cats out of the bag:

[​IMG]

That's the Support with the Engineer's hard hat and the Medic's Medigun Backpack.

Also: Penny Arcade's Fruit F*cker is the crossover character. Look at him go after that money ball. D:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: Wait...it's ok to post this right? The images came out a bit big so should I link them instead?
  3. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

[​IMG]
  4. Tiller

Tiller Active Member

Hurrr. Some of the original links went down along with the preorder quip. Just wanted to post for those of us that are slow.

Can I at least be a Slowbro? Bro?
  5. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

I'd definitely thumbnail the images.
  6. kurina

kurina Member

I am not upset, just annoyed. I used to love Team Fortress 2, but it has become a very sore point for me since Valve began making their changes. It effectively changed the community, whether people want to admit it or not. It became nothing but farming for achievements for hats and gear, and when they removed the achievement requirement, it is now about crafting, people constantly talking about trading instead of playing, etc.

To me, that is fine if that is what Team Fortress 2 players want. It wasn't for me. I loved MNC from when I first saw it on consoles, and I was ecstatic about it coming to the PC. I felt this would be the perfect alternative solution. It is a fun game with a different environment and fun mechanics. It looked very gimmick free, which was the even bigger selling point for me. No unlockable weapons, perks like those in CoD, and no hats or crafting system. It was a throwback to classic shooters without the gimmicks, imo.

The inclusion of TF2 items in MNC, while seemingly minor, strikes that very nerve that TF2 rattled. It will not keep me from playing, as I love the game itself, but that does not mean I cannot be disappointed with the decision to include these items. Now I will have a constant reminder of the very game I grew to dislike. If I can toggle the visuals to classic MNC, then forget this entire rant.

I wholly understand this will help improve sales. I cannot see that equating to a huge boost in actual players though, since many purchases will be for the items alone in TF2. Hopefully some will stick around and try it. And again, I still plan on playing and having fun with it, just wish they had stuck with the community suggested idea of stickers on armor, something that wholly fits in the theme and is non-intrusive. Not to mention, a bit more unique...
    Last edited: January 24, 2011
  7. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I respectfully disagree.

MORE HATS!

MNC could really use something to customize your avatar, even if they're supposed to be clones.
  8. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

Aw'right

[​IMG]

You get the fist bump of approval.
  9. PizzaBoy

PizzaBoy Member

Ugh. This is exactly the kind of crap that made me leave TF2. Way to kill the game before it even launches.

Of course, if we get a "Hide Promotional Items" option, which TF2 users have been asking for but have never gotten, this will be ok.

The white bot looks stupid since I don't follow PA, and the backpack and hat just look out of place. And crates? If I hear the words "drop system" or "trading", I'm going to start seeking a refund.

Edit- I'm not saying this game is crap, I love this game, it is incredibly fun. But the whole TF2 item fiasco leaves such a bad taste in my mouth, even a small reminder of it sours my experience. Please for the love of us ex-TF2 players who came to your game to avoid this, add an option to hide the promotional items.
  10. Statement

Statement New Member

I wonder if anyone else has considered that Uber is just trolling us.
  11. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

^
  12. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

i would say i can make a mod to do it. or maybe its possible to remove the sprites and it default to normal. maybe if this is all totally serious, the devs can tell us how to unsee that which we wish not to see.
  13. XyzKiller

XyzKiller New Member

and then the hat babies whine because they bought the hat/sprite for everyone else to see at all times. ;)
  14. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

Making pseudo-death threats is not cool. Not even on the internet.
  15. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

I love how people are already discussing how to get rid of hats, before they've been confirmed. Internet, don't ever change.
  16. kurina

kurina Member

While it would be amusing if they were non-existent after poking the nerves of some of us, I would have to imagine that this is legitimate even if not appearing instantaneously. I think you would be getting into some pretty murky water there if you are advertising non-existent items, even if briefly. Obviously I doubt anyone would make a real fuss over it (and many of us would be getting some lols, including me), but I cannot imagine a company opening themselves up to such potential issues.
  17. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

They did confirm the hats with a new screenie on the Steam store page. Got removed though.
  18. Polynomial

I asked Scathis earlier.

He denied everything and promptly logged off.

Oh John...
  19. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

I honestly had to test something!
  20. Polynomial

Looooooooooooooooooool.