Monday Night Hat Fortress 2!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Polynomial, January 23, 2011.

1. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

Maybe TF'ers are getting bacon and we are getting....their sandviches?

nom
  2. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Could the secret character be G.G. Stack, Sideline Reporter?

[​IMG]
  3. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

I'm guessing TF2 will get a hat or weapon re-skin for preordering this, same as usual.

The "new character" is intriguing though. Could be anything, from a "guest" character as either secondary commentator or even alternate character skins. I doubt we'll see a whole new class due to balance reasons. Unless it's a joke class, like "civilian".
  4. PigletB12

PigletB12 New Member

Yup I would definitely be playing some more assault if that was the case.

LOL!
  5. Getsuga Tensho

Getsuga Tensho New Member

I'm hoping it's not a crossover with TF2, that's being done far too often. If it is with TF2 though then I imagine the new character will be the announcer, TF2 items should be lazer turrets replacing sentries with the levels as appropriate and the mini sentry being a firebase turret.

Another game would be nice though. You could shove Tim Schafer in there to replace the Support....
  6. Lorenzo Von Matter

Lorenzo Von Matter New Member

"Purchase before February 1st, 10am PST and receive Team Fortress 2 Items for Monday Night Combat & Monday Night Combat Items for Team Fortress 2!"

It's official got it from the page itself, I gotta say wtf
  7. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

lol penny arcade fruit fucker is in :lol: check out the games new screenshots on steam.
  8. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

Called it. Good for Uber. Great way to boost the MNC population. :D
  9. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

aww. now your going to make me spend 40 dollars on team fort 2.

dont say it doesnt cost 40, you know im guna end up buying a bunch of valve stuff for steam.
  10. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

And I got them both!
  11. kurina

kurina Member

Oof. :(

I am glad they may be able to pick up some extra sales, but this really frustrates me. I am trying to get away from what TF2 has turned into. MNC looked like that perfect getaway, something fun, exciting, and a different environment. Now on release day, we have Mann Co crates, Engineer hats, etc.

Been promoting the hell out of this game, and while I still plan to play it, I am somewhat disappointed that it is just yet another game pimping TF2 items.
  12. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

slightly disappointed here too, i think the devs had to have heard all the "dont compare the other game to Monday Night Combat" talk.

but nonetheless, both are loosely similar games as far as both being humorously-themed-shooters. might as well enjoy the goodies on both ends. im getting 40 dollars of valve stuff sometime when i got the cash, but ill play mnc at least 3x more.

oh, and Garry's Mod, a sandbox freestyle mess-around editor using the source engine to do fun stuff with all the stuff from halflife and teamfort and portal.
    Last edited: January 24, 2011
  13. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

I don't get why people get so upset over hats/cosmetic items. It fits perfectly with the joke theme that MNC has. ^^
  14. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

It always makes me laugh when people get worked up over cross promotional stuff. Who cares? The game is ridiculously fun, so just go play it. Don't get bent out of shape because two different developers decide to help one another out and increase the playerbase of their games while giving us free stuff at the same time.
    Last edited: January 24, 2011
  15. Getsuga Tensho

Getsuga Tensho New Member

The main reason people are getting upset is that the cosmetic items are what effectively ruined TF2 for a lot of people. I think quite a few people here quit TF2 and were hoping to stay away from all this cosmetic stuff.
  16. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

BECAUSE. IT'S. JUNK.

If you still don't get it, I want you to get up and go find a cardboard box. A big one. Then fill it with useless crap. Now find something you think looks awesome, and drop the contents of that box on it. Was it significantly improved? No. It was not.

That is why.

That said, if it comes down to 1 hat, and you can turn it off... Ok, **** it, I can deal with that.
  17. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Can I get a link?
  18. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

Don't collect it then? :roll:
  19. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

Perfect example of how people will literally whine about anything. :lol:
  20. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

Countdown to everyone discovering that the hats and Mann co pictures were engineered solely to cause everyone to rage in 5...4...3...