Monday Night Combat Title Update, DLC, and PAX Discussion

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ekanaut, August 30, 2010.

1. Geminosity

Geminosity New Member

Well, in another post it was stated that the dagger lunge was doing more damage than intended. From that I read that the lunge with the sword is probably unlikely to change much while the dagger dash will probably be dropped some. I hope it still one-hits blackjacks because it's my main form of lane clearance :p
  2. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

Wow you guys have been very hard at work. Great job! Cant wait to see this update and the DLC.
  3. purgatori

purgatori New Member

Ok, thanks for the clarification (and me too :p) :)
  4. Rawfulll

Rawfulll New Member

yay lets nerf assassins!
  5. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Oh, please. Assassins aren't intended to be able to damage pros. LEARN YOUR CLASS!

:lol:
  6. faits

faits New Member

Look the point of the assassin class is to stand in the spawn all match throwing ninja stars and doing high kicks.

If you're trying to do anything else (kill pros, bots, turrets, etc) you're exploiting bugs and should stop. Just stay in the spawn and do kicks like the class is intended for.
  7. breischl

breischl New Member

I'm glad you all realize this now.

Hey, maybe in the next DLC they'll add a Nerf Mode, where all the weapons are well and truly nerfed. Nerf swords, nerf gatling guns, nerf airstrikes dropping nerf bombs, big nerf bumpers to prevent ringouts. Nobody would ever die. Yay!

;)
  8. bdcjacko

bdcjacko New Member

Speaking as person who always plays a gunner. I like the nerffing of assassins. Now can we nerf the rest of the classes besides gunner?
  9. Entropy

Entropy New Member

Wow. Just wow. This changelist is amazing. I am extremely impressed with this, especially the annoying server migration and splitting up parties stuff.

Maybe I'm just used to Blur's total lack of community feedback and/or willingness to address bugs, but you guys seem like you are *really* on top of things.
  10. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

I always enjoy coming across an assassinating Assassin who cloaks while killing one of my pros and hosing her.

I mean, it's not hard to guess where she is DURING the backstab.
  11. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

Exactly.

It was only protecting the Assassin from turrets/bots/firebases. Which I thought was reasonable.
  12. NotFrank

NotFrank New Member

Are all of these changes final?

i.e.

has it already been sent of for certification?

Can you still change things?
  13. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Its in certification right now.
  14. vrdarkone

vrdarkone New Member

I think this upcoming changes listed are really good. I am not going to QQ about any "Nerfs" until I have had a chance to try them out for myself.

The only thing that I saw which will be a non-exploit game changer is now assassins can't cloak during a grapple. Which means if they try to gank you while your in your base they will be turret fodder. :lol:

Huzzah to the Uber team!
  15. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

It is not, it is in testing, it will be in cert soon.
  16. Camjo-Z

Camjo-Z New Member

Awesome stuff, guys. Personally I don't see a problem with Assassin being unable to recloak during grapple, as I never used it and still had a respectable K/D ratio.

Also, free DLC = awesome. I'll be sure to buy the other two packs when they come out as well.
  17. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

All changes are final, until we change them again.
  18. NotFrank

NotFrank New Member

ROFL

fair enough.

Good work btw.
  19. tadpole1290

tadpole1290 New Member

really happy about this patch. thought that the assassins sword was going to get nerfed but its fine as is. and now that the whole lingering aura is gone i can play without haveing to suicide since i couldent see anything when shaveiced. Great patch uber cant wait to see whats in store for later months
  20. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

First, let me say how overjoyed I am to see such an enthusiastic team of developers backing their product, making it the best they can even after it's been released. People like you are the reason great games like this exist, and continue to do so years after its release.

Now, having said that, one of the main reasons this is such a big deal to me is because you listen to your audiences feedback. So, please listen to this.

Loving the Assassin, please reconsider the Cloaking during animations, as it merely provides a defense against turrets, no? Such a defense, taking into consideration the paper mache armor an Assassin has, should be perfectly acceptable; for, as someone else pointed out, it's not difficult to decipher where an Assassin is DURING a grapple, and will more than likely be torn to shreds by a turret while in process. The Assassin already has little enough in her favor, and taking away one of her advantageous actions, that in no way provides a grossly unfair gaming experience, is questionable, to say the least.

Also, should you actually read this, also consider lowering the cooldown for the Assassin's assassinations. I think 15 seconds is a bit excessive. I'd prefer 9, 10 at the absolute most.

When compared to other classes cool downs comparatively, it's quite ridiculous.

If you are TRULY dead set on keeping said pleas the same, could I at least have a reason? Such as, you've already tested these suggestion/scenarios, but found it to be unfair statistically? As I love the Assassin, and while this wont break her, it only further reduces her effectiveness as a class, as a player, and as a teammate.