Monday Night Combat comes to Steam!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Ekanaut, December 14, 2010.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

How likely would it be that Microsoft says: 'Oh, you bought the Steam DLC? Well, in that case we will give you our Xbox DLC for free!' And I seem to remember that VALVe was a profit-oriented company as well... ;)

It's not like Uber has much of a choice here.
  2. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh you got me there sir. I don't mind buying both I guess, I've gotten more out of MNC than most $60 games I buy.

But Steam needs to put MNC on the front page scroller advertisements, not just that tiny video box.
  3. faits

faits New Member

Both my desktop and my laptop have HDMI ports, specifically because I prefer playing games on my tv. I also plug my wired 360 controller in because I don't care for mouse+kb. This tends to put me at something of a disadvantage in games like TF2, but I just go with medic where aiming isn't that big a deal.

Similarly, who needs precise aim when playing as an assassin in MNC? Not me!

I'll be playing this on the same 65" tv I play my xbox on, kicked back on my couch, enjoying more reliable back grapples due to no more crummy hosts.
  4. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I imagine if that happens, it will be when the game is officially out in January

Though I did see it as the first item in the steam news popup yesterday

edit: It's also currently listed in the "Top Sellers", "Coming Soon", and "Specials" lists
  5. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

its guna be big. i wana make mods for it already. so exited!
  6. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

You guys will still support the 360 version though right??
  7. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

While I respect your opinion I think if you tried the mouse and keyboard you'll find that its really about 38652% better for shooters over a controller.
  8. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Let me know if you need anyone to stop by the office to beta test. :)
  9. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

See this is why, at the moment, I dislike PC gaming. It's so much easier for a Dev. company to release updates and content that they often forget or don't bother with the console versions. Also all the tech know-how, specs. and not to mention the price just to get a game to run. With a console I just buy it, plug it in, put the game in and I am playing. Not to mention the attitude most PC gamers have with that "I'm better then you 'cause I PC game" and all that.

I just really do hope that MNC on XBox doesn't die out now or that all the attention shifts towards the PC and the XBox gets the left overs.

Even though I can't play the Steam version I am still going to buy it to support Uber and maybe one of these days I will get a Gaming PC, I've been wanting one for awhile, and check it out. I am most excited for the Editor Support.

Good Luck on Steam Uber! Just don't forget about your original fans. :D
  10. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

11. Cyris

Cyris New Member

Thankyou so much! Here, have some of my money.
  12. Z Bear

Z Bear New Member

I'm happy! Churros on my PC! I'm Salivating!
  13. Col_Jessep

Erm, with Steam and Impulse it's pretty much like this these days. I think I never had to configure anything in all the games I bought on Impulse. Buy, click install, wait for download, play. That's just one of the reasons Steam and the other PC content delivery platforms are so successful these days. It's easy, fast (depends on your connection of course) and they can offer games for ridiculous prices because they don't have to pay ~$10 for every game they sell to MS.
  14. Epiphenomenon

Epiphenomenon New Member

Pretty sure they have to pay a fee to Steam, though.
  15. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I think Stretch meant system requirements wise. PC games have differing system requirements. Where as Xbox 360 are guaranteed to run on Xbox 360s which are cheaper then buying a gaming PC. And easier then building it yourself to get the best bang for your buck.

Having said that, the requirements for MNC are pretty lax on the PC compared to most current games.
  16. Cyris

Cyris New Member

Yes, of course they do. Why would Valve make Steam free?

They also have to pay fee to Microsoft on XBL. Why would Microsoft make XBL free?

They would also pay a fee if they made a box on shelves. Why would anyone produce CDs and boxes or give away shelf space for free?
  17. pizzapotamus

pizzapotamus Member

They'll probably support it as much as MS lets them, which is to say not much. I swear that before the first title update I saw a post asking if X was going to be fixed in the patch to which someone from uber responded "gosh we turned the patch over to MS for validation so long ago I don't even remember what's in it"

And heck even if they *wanted* to give us more free updates MS apparently only allows one free non-bugfix update so a generous developer can't compromise their lucrative culture of $15 map packs
  18. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I bought Super Meat Boy on Steam just 2 weeks ago, and it has already received 8 updates!
  19. Col_Jessep

Ah okay. Well, don't play Crysis then. Only the high-end systems are really expensive. And you save like $10 for every game you buy on the PC. In the end it is not that much more expensive.

I work in IT so it's pretty much a given that I build my own systems. I haven't upgraded anything except the graphic card in a while. Everything runs fine. I think I'm good for another two years or so. If you don't like working with hardware a console is better of course.
  20. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

You had me at Monday Night Combat :D

I love the game on the xbox and owning a good pc now i'd love to play this in 1080p and hopefully no slowdowns when everything is hitting the fan! dedicated servers too! so nice.

Uber I support you :p