Monday Night Combat comes to Steam!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Ekanaut, December 14, 2010.

1. Blatant Troll

Blatant Troll New Member

I hope you guys won't leave us Xbox players in the dark like what happened to Team Fortress 2. But this is awesome, Uber!

Yes, another Team Fortress 2 comparison. Go kill me. T_T
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

YES! YES! YES!!!
    Sorry for the hoops those inconsiderate *****... erm those nice people at the USK make you jump through. :D
  3. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

I can just look at the members list to pull a true Team off Topic group...but I hope the PC version brings FunkyKong over here :D
  4. gnats3

gnats3 Member

512MB VRAM?

****. This could be bad :(
  5. joslouni

joslouni New Member

The PC version sounds awesome. Everything I could have wanted.

My only question: will there be any DRM, aside from Steam itself?
  6. Col_Jessep

Funky wasn't online yet I think. FunkOff already preordered. I expect we will have at least one full team in no time.

Gnats, you can get a really nice graphic card for little money atm. I bought a 5770 back in the day and it's really cheap now. It should run MNC just fine.
  7. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

'Bout time this gets released on the PC :)
  8. gnats3

gnats3 Member

Unfortunately, upgrading a laptop video card isn't as simple. My parents' desktop can run it just fine, but all I have access to here at Cornell is my laptop. The game is going to be released right at the end of winter break, so I guess I can still preorder and play the beta at home :)

I have a question though... technically, my video card has 256MB of memory, but dxdiag reports 1776MB. I'm guessing that that means my video card can use normal RAM if it needs to, but my understanding was that normal RAM isn't as fast/good/whatever as video card memory. Does this change my situation at all?
  9. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

What is the specific laptop video card you have?

For the record we are being pretty conservative on min specs because we simply don't have the lab to test a lot of them. It runs fine on my 3 year old dell xps laptop.
  10. Col_Jessep

neutrino to the rescue! :D
  11. gnats3

gnats3 Member

GeForce 8600M GT (it's a Dell XPS laptop, too :) )
  12. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

Can't wait to buy my custom classes and protags again... :cry:
  13. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

That's the exact one that I have. I actually used it as my main development machine for about the first year of development. I'm not going to guarantee that it runs super fast and technically it's below the minspec. However, you'll likely be able to play without too much of an issue. I'll do some measurements in the next few days and let you know what kind of perf I get.
  14. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

All this worry about splitting the playerbase... and this happens. Yay! Now everyone will stop playing the Xbox version. And since I refuse to play on PC, I stop playing. Awesome. I was desperately hoping this wouldn't happen but hey, everyone else seems to like it. It was a fun game while it lasted.
  15. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Why do you refuse to play it on PC?
  16. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I don't like PC games. It's as simple as that. I will not be playing this game on the PC no matter what.
  17. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I love this logic. Reminds me why I'm a PC gamer.

Still, there's a lot of people on the PC side of the fence that have been itching to play. The playerbase may split, but that's always to be expected for games that are on multiple platforms.

Everyone raise your hand if you didn't play any of the recent Call of Duty titles solely because it was released on multiple platforms... sheesh.
  18. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

One thing I would like to request is controller support. I'm fairly bad at playing PC shooters with a mouse and keyboard. (been playing consoles primarily my entire life.)

Although I don't share the ultimate doooom aspect that Lief has, I am slightly concerned that the 360 version will lose a lot of its players for the main reason that you guys will probably have the updates out on Steam a month or two before the majority of the Xbox players because of the Microsoft certification process.

I'll be buying it on PC just to check out the Editor Support part, also because i'm really looking forward to any kind of user content being there. Will we be able to create our own game modes and such?
  19. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

You misunderstand. I said I stop playing because everyone else will stop playing. If no one else is playing, how am I supposed to play?

Honestly, a lot of the good players are going to go to the PC version of this, leaving less people than there already are playing the Xbox version.
  20. pizzapotamus

pizzapotamus Member

Happy for Uber, :( for me.

Glad they won't always have to put up with MS's ridiculous bullcrap and more monies is always good. However I'm not too thrilled for the effect it's bound to have on the xbox version as back problems make PC gaming a pain for me. Being a damned fool I'll probably still buy it though, especially if there's a demo( so I can confirm that it works in linux with wine)