Monday Night Combat Beta Updates Update 5 out 1/16/11

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Ekanaut, December 18, 2010.

1. Ironheart

Ironheart New Member

Re: Monday Night Combat Beta Updates

No headshots, lack of scope makes it way harder to aim at long ranges, natural accuracy way worse than that of the sniper rifle, requires an endorsement to have a half-decent fire rate, the point on the model where the projectile spawns makes it very hard to use off ledges, at least three hits to kill a light class with no endorsements, 5+ hits for anything else.

I dunno, it seems pretty balanced to me.
  2. nocturne_saint

nocturne_saint Member

any chance the devs know what is causing the moneyball end game crash? and the other crashes?

hoping they get fix in the next few releases.

also if you guys had a built in feature that would make a crashlog.txt file, it might make it easier to track down some of the crashes that have been happening.
  3. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

There is a built in log but doesn't help much unless you're running a debug version. We've seen the Moneyball crash internally but haven't been able to reproduce it consistently. It's on the top of our list when we're all back in the office, Jan 3rd.
  4. Ironheart

Ironheart New Member

Any chance we'll see multiplayer Blitz before release?
  5. Lipucd

Lipucd New Member

This, so much THIS.
    I have friends currently who are rather iffy about the game because of it's Co-Op mode not working fully. I myself have been kind of lukewarm about playing much currently as well just because doing pure Crossfire can only last for so long before it starts to wear on ya. I honestly thought can't wait to be able to do crossfire with pals and do some super sudden death.
  6. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

There's an issue with the "all" filter for Blitz where it's not showing any Blitz games. It will be fixe in the next patch.
  7. XyzKiller

XyzKiller New Member

Still getting server load hang when trying to connect to a friend's server...any help?
  8. nocturne_saint

nocturne_saint Member

A little over a week untill the 17th (release date right?) I'm guessing the team is planning on a huge patch a few days before release?

are you guys close enough to put out a changelog?
    and when you put out a changelog, will it be a few days before patch hits?
  9. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

well i just got a download and idk what it was for it was around 1gb anyone else have this?
  10. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6042
  11. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

you people and your news! i love it!
  12. nocturne_saint

nocturne_saint Member

you guys close to fixing the startup crashes? one of my friends can't even get the game to start :/
  13. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We've fixed most of the general case startup crashes. The ones that we know about all relate to bad ATI drivers
  14. asmodai

asmodai New Member

Just to note: I haven't had this happening since Update #4 (as I already told Eka in-game).
  15. The Noid

The Noid New Member

So update 4 added the Team Selection feature to the lobby, and I thought "This is fantastic, finally I can play this game on the same team as my brother, without using the console command to unbalance the teams most of the time!"

After all I bought a copy for myself and gifted him one over Steam so we could play it together.

But the lobby feature only works some of the time, and never works if we want to actually join a game and start off on the same team.

So now with the latest update the "changeteam" command has been removed (I understand that makes sense with the autobalance feature being introduced), but there still isn't any real means of making sure you can play on the same team as your friend?

Not too happy with that overall, but I do like most of the changes. Some sort of party feature would be really appreciated, though. As in, that is the main thing keeping me from recommending this game to my other buddies right now, as I feel it's a pretty big oversight.

It's been stressed how much this is a team game and how that plays a major role in the balancing decisions. At the same time, a team game that you can't play cooperatively with your friend leaves a whole lot to be desired.
  16. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Team Select and Auto Balance are both options that can be turned off and on on a server. If you want to play with friends, setup a server and change it anything you want. We're going to put changeteam back in with a UI and some parameters so it doesn't completely break teams as it did before.
  17. The Noid

The Noid New Member

Did the site admin really just tell me to "make my own server" in response to me wanting to play on the same team as my friend?

Wow. I'm trying to be as polite as possible about it, but that's ridiculous.
  18. grimbar

grimbar New Member

He gave you a surefire method in a polite fashion, what's ridiculous about that?
  19. The Noid

The Noid New Member

It's ridiculous because this is a team-based game, on the computer, in the year 2011.

I shouldn't have to make my own server to play on the same team as my friend. That's what I was getting at. Some sort of information about a party system or preferred teammate system would be cool. Being told to make my own server is a bit lame.
  20. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

If you want it to work today, yes make your own server. You can still play with your friends on a public server but with Team Select as it is now it's the first six to join a team. As to new features, parties, we have to look into that and I can't really give you an answer until we do.