Monday Night Combat Beta Updates Update 5 out 1/16/11

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Ekanaut, December 18, 2010.

1. dustoff

dustoff New Member

Re: *UPDATED* Monday Night Combat Beta Update 1 Release Notes

I am crashing when I connect to MY server that is updated .

Have you tried yet running one of your servers via he command line if see if it crashes ? If it dont then we need to know the command line you used to start it up.
  2. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We don't support command line yet.
  3. dustoff

dustoff New Member

Great !

Anyword on when and if you will support it . Its badly needed as you are just going to have home connections hosting the game giving laggy connections and a poor overall view of the game .
  4. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We have tons of work to do through beta. First is getting the game stable and compatibility issues.
  5. dustoff

dustoff New Member

Fair enough but you should at least give it some thought as it would improve things a lot .You would have less people that complain about lag etc . Dedicated boxes are going to be more stable making the game more stable.

A question though , is it even possible to start through command line ? And if so and you have to put resources else where then is the a list of some sort. It should be very easy becuse the game is based on unreal3.
  6. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

agreed, command line support is a top priority, we want more servers up.
  7. faits

faits New Member

I've been running a dedicated, launched from the command line, for about half an hour or so and it seems to be working fine. The reported number of players at the top of the window has been bouncing between 13 and 15.
  8. dustoff

dustoff New Member

Thanks , I hope this gets the attention it needs . Also multhome needs to work as thouse of us with server boxs have mulit ips . Would be nice to start a few servers off of one or two of my boxes.
  9. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Just to note my player connect crashing problem happens even when I launch through the game and make a listen or dedicated server, same results every time.
  10. dustoff

dustoff New Member

Care to share your command line that you are running ? And anything you changed ?
  11. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

A dedicated server client that people can put on a hosting service like branzone is pretty damn important
  12. dustoff

dustoff New Member

I agree .
  13. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

That number isn't deprecating properly so it's showing more than whats on the server.
  14. faits

faits New Member

I copied it straight out of the log from a server I started through the game client. So nothing special.

Code:
    cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\Binaries\Win32"

MNC.exe Server HostileLobby?game=HostileGame.HGameInfo_PreGameLobby?bAllowJuicePurch=True?bAllowBotPurch=True?bAllowHazards=True?bAllowMascot=True?bAllowCustomClass=True?bAllowChangeClass=True?bForceRndClass=False?bCustomGame=True?NumPublicConnections=12?NumPrivateConnections=0?NumOpenPublicConnections=0?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bUsePeerNetwork=True?bCreateHost=True?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bUsesStats=True?bAllowJoinInProgress=True?bAllowInvites=False?bUsesPresence=False?bAllowJoinViaPresence=False?bAllowJoinViaPresenceFriendsOnly=False?bUsesArbitration=False?bAntiCheatProtected=False?bIsDedicated=True?OwningPlayerName=?PingInMs=0?MatchQuality=0.000000?GameState=OGS_NoSession?MapName=4?MatchDuration=2?OTDuration=2?ClassLimitAssault=6?ClassLimitTank=6?ClassLimitSupport=6?ClassLimitAssassin=6?ClassLimitGunner=6?ClassLimitSniper=6?ServerDescription=077000078000067000032000083000101000114000118000101000114000 -log=DedicatedServer.log -SeekFreeLoading
  15. faits

faits New Member

Yeah I just launched the game client to see if the name of my server was mnc server or the random numbers that are for some reason in my batch file, and I was impressed to see that my server was actually reading 0 available slots instead of negative whatever.
  16. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

I tried hosting a server with open ports and even DMZ'd my machine so it had clear net access with no blocked ports, still have the server drop when someone connects, just can't seem to figure it out, I don't think anything on my pc is clashing, my drivers and DirectX are at the latest update, I have plenty of ram and cpu power (if any of that can effect it I have no idea)
  17. dustoff

dustoff New Member

Ditto and double ditto.

I am suspecting that I never really got the patch. As I just tried launching it through the game on my home machine it it does the same thing . locks when joining

Is there a way to force a patch
  18. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Usually launching the game does a check but i'm reinstalling from clean right now to see if it helps any.
  19. dustoff

dustoff New Member

can anyone confirm the build number Mine shows 18643
  20. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

build number is correct but the server fix is the same #