Modding Tools

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by CrancK, January 7, 2011.

1. CrancK

CrancK New Member

its just a table which has all the stats concerning what'll appear when, and possibly also how powerfull it is.

it's not really all that much harder then "normal shooter" mapmaking, just tower defense map stuff added to it (and some rpg stuff, but most shooters have those kind of stats/other stuff aswell, they ordinarily just don't change) or is there more?
  2. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Most likely they represent what bots spawn on their own. It makes it 2 slims and a blackjack, 3 blackjacks and 2 slims, a bouncer or not, a jackbot every now and then...

Easymoto. Maybe make a map where scramblers spawn on their own.
  3. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Each of the bots need their own map.
  4. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

No. No, gapshots do not. Matter of fact, if they did have a map, you would have to spawn right next to their bot spawner, so gapshots couldn't be exploited for what they are, instant turret clearers.
  5. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

YAY FOR MOD TOOLS IN THE FUTURE!

Also GG's earlier Eka, wish I had recorded that epic midair headcrab!
  6. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Epic Crab was epic. You play a mean Assault even though they tell us we nerfed him so bad!
  7. Goose

Goose Active Member

You did :lol:

Still I'm not going to say it wasn't a long awaited nerf. I just feel like you nerfed him a bit too much.
  8. AnnonAshera

AnnonAshera New Member

Fantastic news.
  9. CrancK

CrancK New Member

nother idea for mod

partially what arseface suggests with the keeping your movement speed when charging/lunging, but then + increased push forces from explosives

would make
    sniper be able to snipershotjump
    gunner mortarjump
    support airstrikejump(?) (0.o sounds dangerous)
    assault chargejump/bombjump/grenadejump
    assasin lungejump/bombjump
    tank chargejump/productnadejump(?) (omg the blinding)

i like :twisted:
  10. Runie

Runie New Member

Sniper's explosive bullets only proc when hitting an entity.
  11. Quimbo

Quimbo New Member

I wonder whether the SDK will be a real SDK to write own (server side) code or just UnrealEd 4 support to create own maps?
  12. corducken

corducken Member

I sure hope the end mod tools allow for some gimmicky blitz setups and customization of hazard buttons.

Giving the annihilator a unique visual effect or making "ejectors" perform different functions with different cooldowns and pricing and the ability to rename them would be excellent. For example, make a hazard button blind and stun bots/pros instead of outright damaging them and physics-ing them. Would add a little difficulty to a fast-paced blitz match.

Also perhaps the ability to make omni-team turret nubs with variable pricing and different stats. For example, a midfield nub that has the ability to make a laser blazer or shave ice turret only, and at reduced cost, and available to either team.
  13. DehydratedWater

I'd be happy with map tools and speed modifiers. QUAKE SPEED MNC GO!
  14. arseface

Speed modifier console command(I just got told about this like yesterday)

slomo x 1 is default. I have a key bound to .5 and 2 for blitz. .5 is for epic, watching of countless hordes, 2 is for super fun super speed.
  15. corducken

corducken Member

I dunno, I could see a lot of potential with some good modding tools beyond simple tweaks.

Imagine a button that dispenses bacon, or modding bullseye on a specific map to SPOUT bacon but he's stuck in a stupidly high area so it just rains down randomly.

Or a map where you can't physically interact with enemy bots except at certain strategic points and your objective is to defeat the enemy team using limited cash income and a bunch of hazard buttons that have different effects. There'd be specific areas to take over with pro vs pro combat and some such.

I dunno, I have big dreams for these modding tools. I would really like the ability for a good funserver. They're probably going to be nowhere near the capabilities I'd like. On top of that there probably won't be any capability for mods that affect career stats and achievements unless it's made so you can only make progress for those on vanilla servers.

Their existence is pretty much up in the air at this point. A release with those capabilities within a reasonable timeframe is pretty much just not going to happen.
  16. CrancK

CrancK New Member

well, i ofc don't know anything for sure, but if they make a udk for mnc, an mdk, +give us a script source, then we should be able to do just about anything, bar maybe the achievement stuff, since that probably goes through their servers and all (though we could make our own if we really feel that achievements make a game, which i dont think.. but hey)
  17. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

prepare to see achievement servers
  18. arseface

So long as they are similar to achievement_all_v4 I am fine with that.

Seriously, I want a similar map for MNC.
  19. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Understood.

DEAR LORD MAN!

If there were ever an argument for human cloning this would be it!

If Uber Entertainment still stands when I get out of college I may just seek employment there. I'm surprised with how much good content you guys come up with with so little staff and really and truly it is an inspiration to people like me who want to try getting into the field of game development.
  20. DehydratedWater

I'll apply when I finish my elementary school education as well!