Modding Tools

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by CrancK, January 7, 2011.

1. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

So then we are back to "I can not confirm nor deny any modding tools in the works"?
  2. acetone

acetone New Member

This isn't some sort of surprise party.

The devs announced modding tools would be available in January. Now it is almost April and there hasn't been a single official statement (or anything at all directly from someone on the dev team) about the tools. Without these tools this game will soon be just a fart in the wind.
  3. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

true. but i don't see how that simply not getting a response would be:

true. but that wouldn't make me think that:
  4. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

This really needs to happen.
  5. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

we all are looking forward to it :D
  6. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I'm sure that they want to go through a map update and a few events before they would have a ready set of tools.
  7. CrancK

CrancK New Member

ofc, because with modtools we couldn't make maps, and we definitly couldn't make skins or anything, while uber still does their stuff, i mean... why wouldn't you want to work really hard on your own product and let others not touch it, hell, they might actually make something cool... oooh... beware.... :roll:
  8. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

If you want to know why they won't tell you about the mod tools, look no further than this thread.

Everyone is jumping to conclusions and getting all mad and ragey because they missed their deadline.

Programming and game/software development aren't exact sciences. If you are working with a small team, it can be extremely difficult to accurately predict completion dates, because you have no idea what unexpected bugs or other problems could occur. They don't have the money to just throw programmers at this until it is finished, and they will only look bad if they miss another deadline, if they don't have one it is "yay mod tools came" vs having one and "Stupid devs put out the mod tools a week late."

They are pushing out updates with content, and while it isn't the content you want, it means they haven't stopped work on the game.
  9. vortexcontinuum

What most people are asking for is proof that it is coming at all. I don't think any developers have posted in this thread, but a simple "We are working on it" would suffice for most.
  10. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We are working on it. We're also in the middle of upgrading the engine to the latest version of Unreal 3 so that needs to happen first. Building maps for Crossfire is much more complicated than a typical shooter because of how the Bot lanes work, bot wave tables and pathing issues.
  11. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Sweet, thanks for the good news!

Harder than making maps for FA?
  12. Nekoh

Nekoh New Member

Yay confirmation.
  13. vortexcontinuum

Woot!
  14. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I am just as eager, but also patient. I understand 20-30 developers can only do so much. They balance this game more and more each update, they add new skins, taunts, and maps, and they have to start considering how to update xbox now that they have some tested patches. The modding tools is just one more thing to keep them overly busy.
  15. CrancK

CrancK New Member

w00tz0r, confirmation at last :eek: :shock: :D :cool: :mrgreen:

now just getting it :twisted:

cool, can't wait, eager again :D
    soo much stuff possible, ohw all the stuff thats possible, think of it!
  16. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Hopefully, new mode different from crossfire.

Hopefully, new maps with so much depth.
  17. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

20-30? Uber has a staff of 16.
  18. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Begin cloning NOW!
  19. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I have been on these forums for half a year or more, and you haven't realized that I do a very rough job of estimation? I have been to the staff page of the site, and have watched the credits.

My Normal Arguement: 16 is close to 20, and that even further proves my point that we need fans to start pumping out content as well.
  20. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

i told you they've done sth!

btw, what are "bot wave tables"? sounds so technologically advanced :O