Modding Tools

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by CrancK, January 7, 2011.

1. Runie

Runie New Member

This is as good as I can get. Eka is busy all the time.

Attached Files:

• modd.PNG
      modd.PNG
      File size:
      452.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Kel

Kel New Member

3. Runie

Runie New Member

From what I understand they're spreading themselves too thin and trying to work on a bunch of stuff at once. But this is just my opinion. Either making the SDK is a lot harder than I thought or they're prioritizing other things first.

I just hope this calms down some people. Try not to rage at them guys, they're doing what they think is best.
  4. acetone

acetone New Member

What other things are the devs working on? Patches for MNC or something unrelated?
  5. Runie

Runie New Member

They're really secretive, I generally just ask Eka about bugs I find. The only thing I know for sure is they're testing ways to get rid of aimbot scope macros without gimping people who can quickscope, also finishing the new map.
  6. Kel

Kel New Member

The anti-cheat stuff sounds good.
  7. Runie

Runie New Member

It's similar to the delay on the scope to headshot in tf2. I honestly don't know if they'll be able to eliminate the problem without pissing off the players who can actually quickscope.
  8. Solipcyst

Solipcyst New Member

Who cares about quick-scopers? Since when is sniping akin to being a wild west quickdraw? If it means keeping balance in the game, people will just have to overcome and adapt.
  9. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

You would be surprised how iconic quickscoping has become in many shooters. I know that when Treyarch made quickscoping completely impractical in Black Ops, they lost a ton of fans. I would hate for something similar to happen here, though the whole montage scene never came to MNC and that's what started quickscoping on a large scale.
  10. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

well thats what happens when people are little whinners. waah, my quick scope is gone.

snipers arent meant to be quick shot runners. Thats the negative that comes with being able to 1 shot kill from across the map
  11. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

i have no idea how did this turn into a quick-scope discussion but i'll add in my opinions. i'm always against quick-scoping because that is so not "sniper" and doesn't feel as cool when i do it myself. but however, in this game, especially with the personality of the sniper, quick-scoping seems to fit him well.
  12. Solipcyst

Solipcyst New Member

Good point. Back on topic. Mod tools please. Thanks.
  13. CrancK

CrancK New Member

tu-ra-lu-ralah!
  14. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

In a game with good gameplay and minimal maps a modding option would greatly increase the amount of players.
  15. Quimbo

Quimbo New Member

I came to the conclusion the SDK will likely never come. There has been absolutely no word about it anymore, except from third parties I don't trust (this is the internets!!!).
    Prove me wrong.

We'd need something like SM and/or MMS for the UT3 enginge...
  16. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

Look through this thread. Eka said they are actively working on them.
  17. Solipcyst

Solipcyst New Member

To be fair, only some guy who could have temporarily changed his Steam name to that said it in a screenshot. When the guy is actively responding to other posts, but choosing to ignore this one or make a new one to specifically give a status on an SDK it is disheartening to say the least.
  18. acetone

acetone New Member

Ekanaut has posted in these forums at least 10 times in the past 7 days and yet we cannot get a simple direct statement from anyone on the dev teams regarding modding tools. They have had months tell us what is going on. At this point it seems safe to assume there is nothing in the works. Why else would they refuse to even acknowledge our concerns? What a joke.
  19. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

the logic here is greatly flawed.
  20. Kel

Kel New Member

Well, he's not so wrong. I mean, it's fact that nobody official says a word about the development.