Mod ideas

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by trialq, January 28, 2014.

1. wondible

wondible Post Master General

AI Personality GUI

Simple version: make units and economy separate, possibly misc.

For extra points, the lobby provides a 'custom' option with a full interface. dat-GUI might be good for this.
  2. wondible

Jump to Ally

warrenkc likes this.
  3. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Complete Interface Overhaul
    Make it look cool!
  4. wondible

Net Zero Economy

If a unit both produces and and consumes resources, it improves efficiency without directly increasing net economy. It's possible to spend the resources, but only at reduced efficiency, and for power, radar. Curiously, reduced power efficiency can actually make metal go positive because the counterbalancing metal demand gets reduced.

There are a number of variants - a vanilla commander with some or all starting eco neted out, a supercommander that provides vast resources but only at reduced efficiency, adding a little net-zero eco to all eco structures to improve overall efficiency, or having a dedicated structure that provides a large net-zero supply to improve deficit efficiency.

Edit: found a fatal flaw: energy orders turns of consumption but not production. Might still work for metal.
    Last edited: November 8, 2014
  5. wondible

thetrophysystem likes this.
  6. wondible

Prefab Base

Record structure (and possibly unit) creation events. (Might be possible to use PAStats data) Set up create-unit containment and replay the units up to a certain time code upon game start.
  7. wondible

Lord of the Fireflys

After Boom Bot Wars and Dox4Lyfe, the next step is obvious. Give the disenfranchised Firefly back it's weapon, and don't stop until slightly past reasonable.
    Last edited: November 19, 2014
  8. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

duhreaper likes this.
  9. wondible

Yeah. Needs a better title now.
  10. wondible

Server Mod Help

If I open up a lobby with server mods, It's polite to explain things, but I can see this getting tedious. Provide a framework where each mod just needs to provide the content. The framework could be a separate server mod, or a framework that each mod includes (I like the latter option less because of versioning issues)

Actually bringing it up in the lobby could be challenging, unless you manually ask people to refresh. In-game would be a balancing act between being discoverable, and not getting in the way.
  11. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

maybe queryable chat bot for lobby/ingame modinfo perhaps, like an IRC bot. Type !desc to get the mod description or something...
  12. wondible

13. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

14. wondible

Airless Worlds

For planet types without an atmosphere in their definition, use a periodic planetwide explosion that exclusively damages AT_Air, similar to Commander Regeneration.
  15. wondible

PA-Diag

Edit: started. https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-pa-diag.66208/

Capture client mods, server mods (possibly in new_game depending on visibility), scene_mod_list, global mods, build, selected server, game settings. Sanitize any possible personal info, and dump a json with the export function.

Bonus points/options: local storage, session storage?, GW saves, and target files (to see how shadows fell out).

Challenge mode: checksum validate any game files likely to be shadowed (could the uberlauncher update apis be used for this?) and return the modified files.
    Last edited: November 28, 2014
    lokiCML likes this.
  16. wondible

Mobius Strip Planet

Subtract out the sphere and programmatically layout custom CSG. Offhand I'd guess that the metal stripe would work best.

Peppermint Biome

Use the swirl noise pattern to alternate ice and lava colors. One of the stripes, probably lava, would be mountainous creating lanes, perhaps with some crossover points.

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-client-server-peppermint-planet.66540/
    Last edited: December 15, 2014
  17. wondible

More stuff I keep forgetting to write down.

GW Smart AI

Create a balance setting where the AI uses all the "smart" extras, but doesn't get crazy eco bonuses and extra coms.

Continuous Difficulty

Right now GW has a big jump when you pass the point that the AI gets an extra commander. Plus I think that hails from the day when subcoms were common and it needed help, whereas now they are quite rare. Figure out a reasonable way to score a team of AI at various eco modifiers. Vary that score over distance, splitting the value randomly over various numbers of commanders.
  18. anoneretsu

anoneretsu New Member

Unit Restriction

Mod with a simple purpose - to restrict fabrication of certain types of buildings or units to all players on the map.
  19. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Extra Defences

All those Bunkers, shooty boxes, towers, walls, drone controllers, Tesla coils and obelisk of light's, I want em, and I want to use them!

(Also, I don't know how to do new unit strategic icons.)
  20. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

I miss vipers, toasters and the other one, bunkered defences that only deploy when an enemy is in firing range
    igncom1 likes this.