[MNCL] - The Monday Night Combat League

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Clans, Team, and Tournament' started by Tehpalekid, February 6, 2011.

1. Velijah

Velijah New Member

Re: Monday Night Combat League

I can help with my rented servers (not boxes) if needed. People know me in this community, so feel free to ask if you need something.
  2. Bakey

Bakey New Member

Wouldn't it be better if you had a set night each week that matches happened so people could schedule around it? I think that'd be easier always knowing matches were on (for example) Thursdays rather than trying to find everyone on different nights of the week. Some of us can't play MNC every night. :mrgreen:

Also, in regards to servers, I think it'd be better to either play Home/Away (when you schedule matches, there's a home team and an away team - home team picks server) rather than having 1 server where all matches are played. This makes for better balance in the event of big ping differences. You can even reschedule the same teams later in the season but swap the home/away.
  3. Tehpalekid

Tehpalekid New Member

A formal system like that limits teams that can enter to people who can play on that particular day, some people cannot play on that day full stop and have no way of scheduling around it. We have offered a guideline that matches should be played on weekends in order to allow for different regions to play at times not extreme, however I think it's best to let the teams, who will naturally have their own preferred days to play, sort out the match with help from us - this also avoids the tricky topic of when a match should be played. A less formal system means we can allow more teams in, which is something the league needs to get going.

On the matter of servers; there are serious matters to take into account, and we would never thing of only using one server to play matches on. Matches must be played on exact settings in order for it to be fair. While the home/away thing (not servers but rather the choice of the first map) is something we're looking into, we would much rather hope that we have an array of servers to choose from, provided by the teams or sponsors, which we could have control over (passwords; cvars etc.)
  4. Milky

Milky New Member

To be honest we won't be entering if it is 5v5, as I have said before I think it is a good idea to play at least 2-3 official games without any rules on class limits or team size so that we can get a feel for what needs to be changed rather than starting with a ruleset that is based off guess work rather than actual gameplay.

People can take their own screen shots using print screen really easily which means there is no need for an admin to sit still in game waiting for the end of the round.
  5. grimbar

grimbar New Member

After some conversation on behalf of AVAM with one of the organisators of this (tehpalekid) we came to the conclusion as a group, that we are no longer supporting this project.

I retract my offers to help and will look forward to other projects like clanbase.

A lack of argumentation and transparency made my clanmates and me doubt that this project would lead somewhere, just in case people want to know why.

Obado, grimbar
  6. cya

cya New Member

Thanks for announcing this, we were all really worried. Oh wait no you're still just an elitist mod edit: kitten who thinks he's a lot better than he is.
    Last edited by a moderator: February 11, 2011
  7. nSmoothCritical

nSmoothCritical New Member

He might be an elitist tard, but on the other hand he doesn't say that just to serve personal purposes. Thought you might have noticed that already.
    Simply stay alert and if you want to get somewhere with all this league participation idea, think twice about giving them the benefit of a doubt.
    Also would be nice if you all kept your heads cool, he also isn't the one to call names or make fun of. Unless your guys time isn't that valuable.