MNC Visual Development Progress

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat Art and Fiction' started by Ekanaut, November 16, 2010.

1. Kordy

Kordy New Member

Few hours left to release on steam, now where's the concept arts? :(
  2. GhostRain

GhostRain New Member

Will you guys calm down? The thread will return. You can play MNC while you wait.
  3. Burner

Burner New Member

Got to love that grand looking first office. Thats what makes this all very cool too how it came together. Great game!
  4. Drex

Drex New Member

oh man, so looking forward to an update on this :eek:
  5. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We're going to continue on with the next character that was concepted out, Assassin. We wanted to have a more of a hand to hand combat heavy and stealthy character that focused more on close range attacks. It also helped to have an amazing animator like AZO who loved doing grapple / martial arts moves.

Initially Assassin, who we used to call Spec Ops during the early days of development was a male character.

This is the initial temp model I build for Spec Ops that was used in game to work out the different mechanics for this character.

At somepoint during our daily playtests, we decided to make Spec Ops into a female character since there isn't enough in shooters and it fit the style of the character more. This is the first set of thumbnails that Raf did based on various conversations and ideas we had. I was a big fan of Snake Eyes and GI Joe comics growing and you'll see of that influence on her design.

More to come.

Attached Files:

6. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

This stuff is great! Keep it coming!

I love learning about the history of my fave game.
  7. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

Friggin awesome. I really like the way Spec Ops was modeled, i get a Metal Gear Solid from it :D Its interesting not just see that you all changed the sex and made the Assassin, but they eyes on the mask are much larger on the sin. I cant wait for more, awesome shtuff
  8. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

9. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Nice, I didn't know the Assassin started out as male character. I love the early concepts!
  10. goathax

goathax New Member

What sort of things did you try out to flesh out the personality? For a class that's supposed to be quiet, I imagine you had a bunch of ideas that never saw the light of day, where just the idea of what a Tank necessarily puts you in a kind of loveable stalwart role.

(Also Gunner. The poor guy may feel a hell of a lot weaker on PC, but he's totally my favorite character. I'd love to hear about him.)

Edit: Also I'm totally gay for voice artists. Tell me about the voice work!
    Last edited: February 25, 2011
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

That is freaking awesome! You need to bring back the the Sai.
  12. MeaningOfLife

MeaningOfLife New Member

I just discovered this thread and I am having an insightful time learning about the development process on MNC. I also passed this link along with some fellow like-minded friends as we just love to see how and why the developers made the game they wanted to present to the public.
  13. Delacroix

Delacroix New Member

The development of silhouettes is very fascinating in how your artist molds a general shape and displays all the variants and strains that ultimately refines the look. He's very versatile.

Top shelf.
  14. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Hello, I like to read about the MNC Visual Development Progress. Do you guys have anymore stuffs to show us?

RayHanley New Member

when i saw the "latest post" was no longer by Delacroix, i was hoping they posted some stuff and ppl are talking abt it

they will have more stuff but currently they're busy working on the new map and updating the engine i heard
  16. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Bump.
  17. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

Does this thread really need a bump when it's stickied? :lol:
  18. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Yup. ;)
  19. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

I agree. :D