MNC Update June 30

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by zarakon, June 30, 2011.

1. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

i'm having trouble loading pages on steam store because of 3M other ppl doing the same thing D:
  2. DragonAsh

DragonAsh New Member

i dont get it.

do we have to earn certain achievements to get the summer gear, or buy games to get the gear?

ick on both counts
  3. Coverop

Coverop New Member

I think It's going to be a FREE with an update (next one) that will UNLOCK for EVERYONE Summer gear.
  4. Crusha K Rool

Crusha K Rool New Member

Well, there are achievements in other games (which they assume you to buy if you don't have them yet) which will earn you tickets. Those tickets can be spent on ingame items in several games, for instance the gear in MNC.

Due to legal reasons, there is one ticket on every day that can be earned without spending money on any game, today is it for instance to join the Summer Sale group on Steam. Other days might it be things like adding 10 friends to your list, writing a game recommendation for your friends, making a game gift to one of your friends, etc.

And I don't think that they will unlock them for everyone later since it should be a reward for those who were here at the right time (like those who have the TF2 gear for buying the game very early) and who spent one of their valuable tickets on this game after all.
  5. Coverop

Coverop New Member

But then there will be war with gears.... As you can read on Monday Night Combat page... these gear will have a new taunt...

Uber won't make mistake just like Valve did right now (pay for a taunt).

Uber wants to make a game slightly fair for everyone (TF2 gear have no new taunts , Beta testers don't have new taunts). So... they even released for EVERYONE Samurai gear.

TL;DR
    It's going to be a FREE (hopefully)
  6. killien

killien Active Member

Interesting. Looks like the MB's health got cut by over half, but takes less damage in OT

Old(5/18)
    BAL_CORE_HEALTH =10000
    BAL_CORE_OT_DAMMOD =1.25

New(6/30)
    BAL_CORE_HEALTH =4000
    BAL_CORE_OT_DAMMOD =1
    On sale again? o_0
  7. Vlane

Vlane New Member

F*cking stupid and makes no sense.
    Now it's even harder to make a comeback.
  8. killien

killien Active Member

Gotta rememeber, DefaultBalance doesn't have everything
    There might be a damage modifier stashed in core code that isn't listed in the Balance ini's
  9. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

only barely.. really, how often do you see comebacks after losing more than 40% of the moneyball? Usually if the game doesn't end there, the losing team just turtles up until time expires and they lose anyway

This primarily makes the game less likely to be decided by time running out
  10. Coverop

Coverop New Member

Uber tries to make this game even more EASIER?

from 10.000 to 4.000 ?
    What?
    Newbies don't understand the objective yet and you guys are already nerfing the Moneyball?

Anyway Uber fixed my favorite glitch.... Assassin grapple bug (with more damage)
  11. Vlane

Vlane New Member

That doesn't really matter.
    It's possible, but now it's even harder than it was.
  12. killien

killien Active Member

That weapon switch one?
    I'd forgotten about that, was wondering how a few sins were getting grapple kills on me

If I'm reading DefaultBalance right, even a lunge+backstab shouldn't be fatal to the tank at Passive lvl3
  13. Coverop

Coverop New Member

Yup THAT ONE.

Hell.... Tank + Passive Skill LVL 3 + Armor Gold needs to DIE!
    Even Backgrapple sword can't kill him....

Also I've notice that there is several NEW tips.... kinda good....
    Last edited: June 30, 2011
  14. killien

killien Active Member

Never really encountered it, but then again I only play Tank when I feel my team can hold their own without me babysitting them
    Not entirely sure, but the stats and such seem to indicate that all a Tank needs to survive a backgrapple(even lunge+BG) is Passive lvl3

As for fighting Lvl3Passive Tank +G.Armor, rarely I have trouble dealing with a player like that

I just wish Assassin was a bit less mobile. For a supposedly "glass cannon" class, they're rather durable
  15. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Absolutely not.

The assassin was nerfed enough in the last updates. Even more is just retarded.
  16. killien

killien Active Member

Not saying gimp their speed(wouldn't complain tho...), but maybe introduce some speed penalty when getting shot up
    If anything I would gimp the Shurikens. The aerodynamically inferior projectile being just as lethal point blank as after 2-3 bounces is a bit screwy, even for the MNC universe
  17. Crusha K Rool

Crusha K Rool New Member

I usually play such a Tank. The only thing that gets this combination almost instantly down is a good gunner with gold fire rate, because he can usually shoot before I am in range. But anything else gets dominated. :D
  18. duckling

duckling New Member

I'd be happy enough of the grapple didn't reorient the tank towards the player.
  19. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

But then I can't show you why you shouldn't grapple a Tank...
  20. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Secret Tank skill: Intimidation by epic facial hair! ;)