MNC, Super MNC and what happened to Xbox version

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ekanaut, March 19, 2013.

1. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

2. feedle

feedle Post Master General

good news...
    steambox or whatever its called will be 1000$
    coming out fall this year
  3. teapot

teapot Post Master General

When have I complained that the assault was OP? Go dig through my posts if you want. I've stated assault was probably the easiest class to pick up on, but not OP.
  4. lolitscalledaproxy

lolitscalledaproxy New Member

So why act like assuming assault is OP is some kind of indicator of quality of game theory? Ahem?
  5. teapot

Because there are three categories. People who complain about various classes that claim to be OP, people who claim assault is OP because in reality it's the easiest class to learn how to dominate, and those who realize there are enough checks and balances in this game at a competitive level where really nothing is OP.

I think only a handful realize the last one. If you complained about assault being OP i'd give you the benefit of the doubt because I don't expect you to understand how everything is balanced.
  6. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

*reads thread*

GOOD GOD, 360 players are obnoxious and more self-entitled than the SMNC players.
  7. feedle

Only the ones who keep avoiding bans
  8. joker

joker Active Member

GOOD GOD, PC players are flat out retarded. Calling a group of players self-entitled to updates and DLC they were promised and left in the dark about.
  9. killien

killien Active Member

While taking it out on the people whose plans for the game were essentially sabotaged
  10. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

It's easier to vent your frustrations on a smaller more tangible company like Uber than Microsoft, a faceless corporation.
    They can blame Uber over not breaking NDA & not publicly talking about private negotiations until the end of time if it makes them happy. To each his own. :)
  11. kvalheim

Business works like this:
    You can't discuss when you're in the middle of negotiations because outside knowledge may interfere with the terms of those said negotiations. If they're in the middle of long and arduous discussions with Microsoft regarding the future of the game, THEY CAN'T TELL ANYONE WHO ISN'T INVOLVED.
    You got a whole new free map and churros, a damn sight more than most XBLA titles get
  12. feedle

Some people are upset with the way things were handled
    Honestly you can't blame them.
  13. teapot

If you weren't here, save it. There's really no point in having you try to explain a situation towards players who were here to experience it.

We know what was said, we know what was done. Who cares about hindsight? The majority of console players would have been fine with no DLC, or content with the one DLC we have. The whole situation was how it was handled. Thats where console players are bitter and sound entitled, because the situation was handled so poorly.

NDA's don't mean anything if you're gonna keep making promises. Again, not our fault. I'm not gonna let you into my club for a cover charge, promise your 5 free drinks, then hand you one and say we ran out of drinks. You may say, well isn't that the distributer's fault? Yeah they had a hand in it for sure, but the distributer wasn't the one who lured me in or made any claims. That was the club.

We could have been a little more understanding of the circumstances, just like uber could have cared a little bit more about PR skills.

It was long and over with even before this thread, but this is just some clarity as to why players were upset.
  14. feedle

either way theres alot of people who would give their money to uber if they made something for us on a console

something alot like mnc crossfire...
    more maps
    more characters
    more skills?
    more modes?

i dont got 1000$ for steambox and doubt ill switch to pc gaming since the cost of pc gaming is high to keep your system in shape every 3-5 years with memory and graphics and maintenance etc...

a retail disk version with everything on it.. would save downloading etc...
  15. 2wynbge

2wynbge Member

Err, what? That's not true at all.
  16. kvalheim

It's been established that the $1000 Piston -isn't- a Steambox now
  17. feedle

Who's going to buy it?
  18. bluntkingmcpussy

bluntkingmcpussy Member

Hey, kvalheim, we don't take kindly to your types around here.
  19. FireflyJenkins

FireflyJenkins Active Member

This reminds me of Awesomenauts. Another console moba with another indie developer that has been left behind for another system, ze computah. But Ronimo is a foreign based company, so they have that. I wonder if they made promises.

As a matter of fact, "Ronimo has an awful reputation amongst console gamers now. Just because they have quite simply abandoned us so they can play around with steam customers who are willing to pay 10 dollars for a game with regular updates. Unlike us who got squat after the derpl/coco patch for over half a year and are still waiting. Yes the game is fun, yes it's good value, but we still as of yet have only half what we paid the full price for"-Some guy.

Just replace all the underlined words and BOOM! We're talking about MNC. Well that last sentence doesn't really apply, probably.

But as you guys say, you were promised the updates/patches. And if you're promised something and you don't get it, what do you do? Probably slash their tires, but all you can really do against a larger entity is lose some trust.

I do agree with you though. I'd rather have you ask me nicely to do something, and me do it for free, as opposed to you promising me something for doing it, then me doing it and not getting paid. That's just shadybot.
  20. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I'll help clear this up. It's not that we were promised things and never got them. It's how it was handled. If you weren't here when it all went down you wouldn't understand.

Let's just say that we were also lead on by the "The Rules Have Changed" banner (the first and original one) we were lead to believe that was hinting at MNC finally getting the engine update Uber has been talking about. Lots and Lots of dedicated XBox gamers were visiting the forums daily hoping for an announcement. Well the announcement came and we found out there is a new MNC title being released that will be PC only and at the same time they are stopping all support for both MNC XBox and PC.

So that was two times the community was lead on and all we got was deflections when lots of community members were simply upset with the way it was handled. They wanted straight answers.

So you see it's mush more deeper than it appears to be on the surface.
    iammclovin117 likes this.