MNC, Super MNC and what happened to Xbox version

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ekanaut, March 19, 2013.

1. feedle

feedle Post Master General

Theres some little fine details that uber can't speak of due to microsoft according to their terms and services etc. Im not in any way defending uber but heres an example.

I signed up for a beta to beta test a game. When I agreed to this I was no way in any form allowed to leak, post pictures, inform, review, videos etc of what I played. If I did it was a breach of contract and could have been punishable by law. Same thing here... uber might have been held against their will do to signing with microsoft and during that time not allowed to give out details which could breach their contract etc.

Those months of silence could have been due to the contract etc...
  2. teapot

teapot Post Master General

well **** em... nothing is going to result in any of us getting what we wanted, despite it being 2 years too late, and even if we reached a $20,000,000 kickstarter.

Uber, you're never going to work on MNC or anything else for xbox ever again, so why not disclose some more details? You didn't while you were working on it, are you still really aren't now.

If anything, you guys are lucky. Be thankful you're not Illfonic since they got completely **** on by microsoft. Granted their game was full of bugs and glitches, but they couldn't patch it. They dropped the price to 200 Microsoft points, (something you guys should do since you don't give a **** anymore) and then eventually pulled the entire game off.

(sucks that was my only form of modern day quake/unreal)
  3. feedle

4. igotbannedagain

igotbannedagain New Member

My question is this; will Uber admit in any way that they mishandled consumer relations on this issue?

From a consumer's perspective, they have somewhat of a rocky past when it comes to delivering on promises.

Overall, good topic! Especially after 18 months of silence and censorship on this topic.
  5. bsbsbsbs

bsbsbsbs New Member

@Eka/uber why are you telling us this now? what's changed recently? is it possible to see some of the content we missed out on?
  6. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We tried for a long time to get something on Xbox with MNC, updates and with Super MNC. While we were in the middle of negotiations, talking about it publicly would've made things difficult for us. We could've handled it better with the fans during the MNC Xbox days and we should have but it is is what it is. It was a very frustrating time. I'd still love to see a version of Super MNC or MNC2 on a console and if we end up making the right deal with a publisher it could happen. In the PC/mobile space, you don't need a publisher to put a game out but that's not the case with consoles. Enough time has passed that we can reflect on the events and all the long negotiations that went nowhere and accomplished nothing but us burning through money with nothing to show for it.
  7. igotbannedagain

Thank you.

Seriously.
  8. joker

joker Active Member

That's all we wanted to hear. I can only pray for console MNC2, the hell with SMNC
  9. feedle

question is when, where, how...
    Ie: what system, what publisher, and disk or arcade?

360 only has maybe 2 more years out of it once the new xbox is out if they cut live and there goes the multiplayer...

but who knows they could keep it running and the life span could be as long as the ps2 as long as they keep live up and publish games on it.

As for super mnc/mnc2 you got a sale here...
    As long as it has the same new modes from the pc
  10. lntcdarkward

lntcdarkward New Member

Thank you for the link. What I meant was: instances of them leading us on, in a timeframe where the prospective purchasers' reliance was placed upon said leading in making such a purchase.
  11. igotbannedagain

With the search function functioning about 40% of the time, I won't be looking back to where we were told to expect 3 DLCs. We got one, as I'm sure you're aware.

If someone else would like to give it a go, yeah...
  12. sorewawatashi

sorewawatashi New Member

I wonder what those other 2 updates would've been.
  13. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

Hats and then some more hats. 'Why let them change teams when they can have hats.'
  14. feedle

thats basically when i stopped playing tf2 on the pc...
    I played that game regularly before mnc then these hats came out with people sitting in lobbies farming them in the shower rooms...
  15. lolitscalledaproxy

lolitscalledaproxy New Member

Update 1: Gunner and Tank classes removed, every 12 year old leaves the game in frustration from no longer being able to get kills.

Update 2: Bot Damage 10x Player Damage .1x
  16. teapot

teapot Post Master General

If you have good aim you can do well with a gunner or a tank, especially against bad kids. If you're bad you won't be able to do well as a tank or gunner, probably even against other bad kids.

If you complain about gunner/tank being OP and not Assault, then I know what category you fall in.
  17. De Troll

De Troll New Member

And if you complain about Assault being OP, I know what category you fall in.
  18. lolitscalledaproxy

lolitscalledaproxy New Member

Assault is exactly what it is supposed to be kid, neither tank nor gunner are proper heavies because they don't have downsides, i'm sorry that you can't comprehend this.
  19. bluntkingmcpussy

bluntkingmcpussy Member

And if you complain about a guy complaining about people complaining about gunner/tank being OP and not assault, then I know what category you fall in.
  20. bluntkingmcpussy

bluntkingmcpussy Member

Aaaand if you complain about yourself complaining about a guy who complains about a guy who complains about people complaining about gunner/tank being OP and not assault, then I know what category you fall in.