MNC Stand Alone Dedicated Server Features and Wishlist

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by Ekanaut, January 27, 2011.

1. jeeringsole

jeeringsole New Member

Last time I checked, Gameservers.com didn't use TCadmin, but Xfactor does and their steam update works.

shenanigans :lol:
  2. PhantomYoda

PhantomYoda New Member

Yeah I think GameServers uses their own Game Control Panel. We, XFactor's, use TCAdmin. Functionality though is pretty much, almost, not quite, but almost the same on the back end.
  3. devicenull

devicenull New Member

We don't perform automatic updates because it's entirely possible for there to be a full game going on where the server and clients are both running an old version. This happens if they are playing before the update actually hits steam.

In cases like that, most of our customers would prefer to be allowed to continue playing until the game ends. Not many of them would like the server restarted in the middle of a game, just so that it can be running the latest version.
  4. PhantomYoda

PhantomYoda New Member

Yep, exactly why most games aren't auto-updated. Except when certain Dev's release patches that are required to be pushed out. This is why most GSP's leave it up to the client to update games, so that they can update them when they are ready, and not right in the middle of a game.

I know I would hate to be in the middle of a MNC match and have the highest score and kicking some behind, just to get kicked due to an auto-update. We already have enough of that kind of stuff with dropped calls right in the middle of a important conversation. Loved those old ATT commercials.
  5. Solipcyst

Solipcyst New Member

Yeah, so, now that the topic has been properly derailed how about a proper return to the OT at hand.

1. Reserved Slots based on SteamID that kicks player(s) to make room configurable to be a random person kicked, the person with the lowest score kicked or the person with the least amount of time on the server kicked.

2. Remote administration based on SteamID.

3. Work out the bugs with the server instances conflicting that others have previously mentioned, as well as allow assigning IP addresses manually.

I could go on, but I'd rather not inundate anyone in the hopes that these requests continue to stand out and you devs take notice and take heart.

Cheers!
  6. CrancK

CrancK New Member

demo/replay system
  7. MasterXC

MasterXC New Member

Linux SCRDS support? Please?
  8. Savage

Savage New Member

THIS is the single most important thing for independent, user-supported communities. Asking my players to stand in line to access servers that they pay for is a bad idea.

Sadly, as with just about every other game that has used this engine, I doubt we'll be seeing them any time soon (a problem I chalk up more to the creators of the engine itself, not the MNC devs, as they seem to be proactively supporting the PC side as much as they can), if ever. Unfortunately, no reserved slots most likely means no long-term support of the game for us (which stinks - since it's a perfect game for ladder matches).

I do not mean this to sound condescending in any way, but I'd really like the Uber Entertainment folks to take into consideration the potential long-term sales/support they leave on the table by not having the "PC Staples" that communities need to build a following around a game ready to go out of the box. Reserved slots, and functioning admin functions are a minimum.....and implementing them months after the game has been released is a missed opportunity. By the time MNC finally has reserved slots (if, in fact, it ever does), our focus will have shifted to other offerings in the pipeline that have community-centric features ready to go out of the box (DOTA2, BF3 [most likely], among others).

Again - I think MNC is a really cool game, but you've locked out the support of many large gaming communities like ours by not focusing on the basic features we need to build an audience around the servers. Make no mistake, my MNC servers are full virtually around the clock, 7 days a week...but, while we welcome public players on those servers, the people that pay the bills should not have to wait 20-30 minutes for a slot to open up.

At any rate....I wish you great success.
  9. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

This is high up on our TODO list, and I further elevated it today. Can't make any promises about when it goes in, but we'll do our best.
  10. FLATLINE

FLATLINE New Member

AWESOME! the work is great thus far only a few things i would suggest............

1:more player slots option on dedicated server (16-18) would be plenty
    2:vote ability....,votemap,votekick,voteban,votemute
    3:cvar options, in console on the fly with no server restart
    4:resource usage, per slot/player {bandwidth/cpu} sticky'd in forum perhaps!
    5:RESERVE SLOTS, are a must i know they have been mentioned before i thought
    i would throw them out there again!
  11. racquemis

racquemis New Member

One thing i' m missing is a cooldown on adminkick, the person kicked can just come back instantly, only votekick has a cooldown currently. really love to be able to kick people with a cooldown i can pick myself.
  12. ruohki

ruohki New Member

id like to see a config based startup of a server not commandline one =/ and yea ... restart changemap and so on commands even usable with the webadmin webservice
  13. Wahrheit

Wahrheit New Member

I would absolutely love to have an extensibility for scripting and adding custom content and stuff. Probably too much to hope to approach TF2 status, but we would love to have the modding tools and an API for tracking all sorts of wonderful things.

We also want to be able to stream the radio through the game like we do for our TF2 server. ;)
  14. Plague1001

Plague1001 New Member

I would really like it for the name of the server to be where the name should be, not in the Game description which is be "Monday Night Combat" and should never really need changed.

Using the description make use Steam's server list confusing when compared to every other game that they have.

Please give us ?ServerName=
  15. Vaynen

Vaynen New Member

It would be very cool if we could receive events from the game server.

Something like the game server would call a URL with some variables, along the lines of http://<my url>?event=gamestart

It would be cool to receive events for all kinds of happenings:
    - game start
    - annihilator ready
    - jackbot spawn
    - mascot spawn
    - overtime start
    - moneyball shield down
    - game end
    - enter lobby
    - rage quitting (nah just kidding.. although that would be cool :p)
    - etc