MNC Stand Alone Dedicated Server Features and Wishlist

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by Ekanaut, January 27, 2011.

1. owned

owned New Member

Linux Support Please!
  2. Freewheelin

Freewheelin New Member

Not sure if I've just missed it, but it's of vital importance to be able to set the port/s for each instance running out of a single install if it hasn't already been implemented.
  3. GossamerSolid

GossamerSolid New Member

Almost been a week, are we going to see these new standalone servers soon?
  4. Brownrock

Brownrock New Member

As already stated Linux support would be a plus. My Community would love to see a dedicated server setup and i am not paying for another server when our TF2 sever has plenty of room on it for another server. :D Side note what are the chances that a vanilla server be able to connect both pc and xbox gamers? Keep up the good work great game I hope it goes far! :)
  5. Burner

Burner New Member

Have not read through all of this yet, but there are some things I would like to see.

Some sort of tool to allow me to see who is on the server, send messages, boot people (right now my server is full, and I cannot get on it) to make room or due to behavior, rotate maps, basically some sort of rcon tool thats common.

I want some way to promote our community, our website, our rules, either by rotating messages, or by a banner of some sort.

I want to be able to play blitz as well as crossfire.

Not to do with you, but I want gametracker.com to make this work with their system :)
  6. GoNz0

GoNz0 New Member

with this based on the unreal engine HLSW should work with it.
  7. rob444

rob444 New Member

It has already been mentioned but LINUX support is a must (!). Why Linux? Less resource demanding of course and imo better drivers :p.
    Yeah.. The Windows binaries works great but most dedicated server users use linux because of the superiority when it comes to resource usage and speed.

Better list of admin commands, adminlogin, adminkick and adminkickban isn't really the best commands. It's better to seperate them with a delimiter like . or some other delimiter the unreal engine supports, eg. admin.kick xxx.

EDIT: I'd like to see the ability to execute commands directly from the console too, eg. playerlist or whatever I need to run.

I run my own dedicated server and it's very populated, reserve slots would be nice!
    Also, the dedicated server throws out a lot of messages, none of which identifies the users other than through steam ID (64), I'd rather want it to throw out player names along with the ID/steam ID. And even when it says someone is connecting it isn't very obvious, a simple message as "Player 'playername' (ID)" joined the game.", "player 'playername' (ID) switched team to blue/red" etc.

That's what I would like to see :).

Thanks for a great game ;).
  8. GheP

GheP New Member

wishlist:

1) better voice codec
    2) show who's talking via GUI and above players' head(s)
    3) more westcoast servers (one can dream can't he?)

<3
  9. grimbar

grimbar New Member

1) voice is done by Steam and has been improved recently (though not much, the change is most likely still in Beta)
  10. Zero

Zero New Member

Try these fancy colored suggestions:

Ability to screw with starting money.

Ability to screw with rates of getting money, or directly screw with what gives how much.

Ability to screw with starting...skills? Be interesting for a server to give you rank 3 class but rank 0 everything else/no starting money.

Ability to restrict skill purchasing? Ex: All skills can only be trained to 2, or you can only have one skill at level 3, HOOOO!

Screw to ability with the cost of map-related buys (juice, annihilator, ejectors?, turrets, buy bots, etc)

While not exactly related to servers, MAKE BUTTON TO BUY JACKBOT. They're not hard to kill! I guess if you gave us a -lot- of detailed config with servers, could make it so any class spawns a jackbot along with the previously mentioned ability to screw with bot buying cost, too bad that'd ruin variation.

Maybe even be able to change cooldowns on annihilator/how often bullseye/juice bot spawn/etc, would be grand to have a server that started you off with the non-passive skills at 0, no starting money, but has bullseye and maybe even juicebot up 24/7 who are unkillable.

Oh yeah, and overtime minimum of 1 minute would also be neat, as well as restricting turret upgrades to go along with a forced max-skill-level-of-1-or-2-or-something game.

That's about all I can think of.
  11. Violent Crimes

Violent Crimes New Member

Releasing the dedicated server files. I sent a pm never got anything back.
  12. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We are going to releasing dedicated server files with the next update.
  13. GossamerSolid

GossamerSolid New Member

Steam Updating MNC, we can get Dedi servers via HLDSUpdatertool now:

HldsUpdateTool.exe -command update -game mondaynightcombat -dir INSTALLDIR
  14. Violent Crimes

Violent Crimes New Member

I have this error when I try to start a server.

Attached Files:

15. nopantscat

nopantscat New Member

Is the HldsUpdateTool support Windows only at this point?
  16. snappas

snappas New Member

I didn't get any linux binaries when I used hldsupdatetool, only win32. Can you please make the linux binaries a priority?
  17. PhantomYoda

PhantomYoda New Member

Make sure to install the DirectX runtimes. dxwebsetup.exe should work. They are also located in the binaries\win32\support folder.

For those having an issue with mncds.exe crashing after running all updates, make sure to add -seekfreeloadingserver to your command lines. This fixed the issue for us and got the servers running.

Of course check and make sure all configs are updated to reflect the new file locations and names.

Using -nohomedir will place all the config files and log files in the games root\hostilegame directory.
  18. Leevers

Leevers New Member

I just want to thank the developers for their hard work!

I have one problem though. For some reason I get a steam error when trying to run the stand alone dedicated client?
  19. Zet

Zet New Member

Looks that way. Only win32 binaries are downloaded.
  20. Bad-Tactix

Bad-Tactix New Member

you need to install direct x - you'll find the required files under support in the binaries folder