MNC PAX East Tourney Schedules 3/11 - 3/13

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by XShadowStormX, March 8, 2011.

1. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

We will be running 2 6v6 tournaments at the Uber booth #560 on Friday and Saturday. For the epic 32 teams (192 players) PC multiplayer tournament, PAX East will be hosting it on Sunday.

Uber Entertainment booth #560 tournaments:

The date: March 11th and 12th, 2011 (Friday and Saturday)
    The times: Will be assigned to the 24 people based on first come, first serve.
    The person to find: Me - XShadowStormX (Logan) @ booth #560
    The info: The sign ups will be for a total of (2) 6v6 (24 players +alts) games per day. It is a one match takes all game with class limits set to 1.

THE PAX East Tournament Info:

The date: March 13th, 2011 (Sunday)
    The doors open: 10:00am
    The time: 11:00am-5:00pm
    The info/link: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=137860

There will be prizes for all tournaments. Good luck and bring your A game :D
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Sweet! Here's to Poly and Hostile taking the win!
  3. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Not sure yet if we're going to be able to get it together for the Sunday one, but I'll make sure to carry some teams on the floor =D
  4. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I take it all tournaments will require the use of default classes?
  5. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

If so, that's terrible.
  6. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Not really, it makes sense. You can't have everyone at a convention tweaking classes when people probably don't even know what the game is.

Fortunately for me the the assault's default isn't terrible!
  7. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

Hey, neither is the Tank's. Everyone just happens to neglect using his Deploy skill properly to get the most out of the Silver Health Recovery.

Gunner isn't bad either, especially with a competent Support keeping everything overhealed.

I don't mind default Assassin, since she is all about stealth and secrecy, and people love to forget that fact.

Default Sniper endorsements can really abuse the power of Juice, just don't get into a fair fight and you'll be fine.
  8. hostileparadox

Oh man, I just realized this is so cruel, my flight gets in at 10am, so I won't be @ PAX at least till 11:00 AM :cry:
    Come on Shadow, cut me a break, I'm flying in from Miami ;)
  9. iamKira

iamKira New Member

Maybe you want to use JeeSports to manage this tourney smoothly, signup, brackets, results reporting :)
    Let me know and i would be happy to help or point you to how this can be done easily.
    It's free! :)
  10. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

I'm not saying it doesn't make sense, I'm just saying it's terrible. At the very least, they should have non-alterable custom classes, possibly as followed:

Assault - Armor/RoF/Acc.
    Assassin - Armor/RoF/Health
    Tank - RoF/Armor/Skill
    Sniper - Armor/RoF/Skill
    Gunner - Acc/Armor/RoF
    Support - Skill/RoF/Armor
  11. Aeadon

Aeadon New Member

By that logic, who plays in a tournament when they don't even know what the game is? The default classes are always there for those that are clueless and let people that actually want to compete customize their classes. At the very least put Armor/RoF/x on every build...
  12. DeadStretch

People who attend PAX? They did the same thing last year and the game was barley out for a month when they did.
  13. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

You're assuming that everyone who has custom classes actually uses all of them, and that everyone's custom classes are cookie-cutter "Armor/RoF/x" setups. Newsflash: Not everyone who plays this game a lot uses a custom class for each class, and not everyone uses "Armor/RoF/x" endorsement setups.
  14. hostileparadox

So for the Friday and Saturday XBOX 24 people tournaments, is sign up for both days on Friday morning?

Or is Friday on Friday morning signup & Saturday on Saturday morning signup?
  15. Aeadon

Aeadon New Member

Who said anything about the number of custom classes? I also didn't say that everyone uses Armor/Rof/x, I'm saying that if you're going to restrict people to classes that are already made, at the very least make them something along the lines of Armor/Rof/x instead of the garbage setups that the default classes have.

I honestly don't care because I'm not going to be there, but I'm going to point out stupidity when I see it.
  16. DeadStretch

How about you take the time to get 30+ accounts with custom class options while you are still setting up and "working" at PAX. ;)
  17. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

18. jukeboxhero

jukeboxhero New Member

All in all was a great time. I love my special box :)
  19. JDvasquez

JDvasquez New Member

Just coming in to say Good luck to everyone in tomorrow's Tournament. I met Logan and signed up to today's tourney but didn't make it back on time, lol.
  20. DonnyD

DonnyD New Member

So what happened???