MNC is no longer showing up on steam charts :(

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by eternal, May 2, 2011.

1. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

2. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

Meh. Alrighty then.

(Obligatory Myfacewhen)
    [​IMG]
  3. eternal

eternal New Member

This thread is now about how good BroTranquility is at Tank.
  4. Vlane

Vlane New Member

I heard he kills aimbotters with the jet gun on a regular basis.
  5. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

We need a BroTranquility promo.
  6. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

Actually come to think of it, when tully was added, it introduced a server crash bug, this contributed to reduce population counts as it takes time to refill an empty server. Todays patch fixes the crash bug, mnc is back in the steam top 100 now.
  7. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

Well then I guess whatever turned me off (baby) to this game at the moment of the patch was just me.
    In which case there is no need to try to describe it.

I am guessing something else was happening in my life around that time which would explain why I couldnt quite explain my turned-offedism while thinking just about Monday Night Combat.

L. Spiro
  8. Kurnuttaja

Kurnuttaja New Member

We could be hugging TF2 in top 100 if that would have happened.
  9. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

Except TF2 has hats. We have bicycle helmets and Valentine love combat suits.

Just wait for the next update guys. I'm sure Uber is well aware of what can 1up their game's popularity by now, since there's already been so many threads dedicated to such. It's whether anything is ever done about it that is the problem now. :|
  10. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Crisis... averted?

Yeah I guess that would have been the cause but I hope that more maps and advertisement can bring in new people.

I'm doing my part and teaching people play tips.
  11. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Oh, that explains the ninja update. Was wondering about that. Pretty big patch @ 345 MB though.
  12. RARLiViD

RARLiViD New Member

Uber probably had to modify a bunch of tully files. Perhaps redo a ton of map code while keeping the same look. Could have a lot to do with the bot spawners and chicky
  13. NeoCyberman

That and fixing the jackbot glitch.
  14. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

It's like the dev's took all of our complaints about steel peel, figured out how to put emphasis on them, and made a map based on their findings.
    I feel that the chicken is how things should be. You shouldn't get half a damn juice bar for whacking juice bot for 10 seconds and grabbing pickups. Chicky makes you leave the battle, give up your ground, and work hard to actually get a reward, but your WHOLE TEAM gets a good reward.
    isbadmap. steelpeel 2.0
    few rounds of grapplestrike support fix star issues.

badmap
    #1 badmaps
    #2 still badmaps
    #3 Gunner slow is bullshit

Personal stuff. IDK, when your friends stop playing one game and start playing a new one, even if you still enjoy the old one you probably prefer playing with your friends more.
  15. kotay

kotay New Member

totally agree, my friend bought me, and another mate, heroes of newerth during the cheap weekend and we both haven't played mnc since.
  16. sinequanon

sinequanon New Member

sad that such a fun game has so little support. it's hard to find decent pinging servers that are full in this dwindling community. oh well, brink releases tonight maybe i'll catch some of you in that game.
  17. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I am pretty sure they are working as hard as they can.

What is your job, and how do you do it? I wouldn't complain, you may have less room to critic than you think.

The best they can do is what they are doing now. They are even hiring. They are still probably doing fair, just because bandwagon n00bs are moving to "the next cool thing" doesn't mean MNC isn't experiencing normal player cycling. I really bet the devs are working their *** off.

Question to the Devs: How do you guys sleep at night, knowing you made a game for your fans to critic and trash, and all right in your faces? I'd punch them all in the arm, REALLY hard.
  18. kotay

kotay New Member

does bandwagon n00bs cover 97% of the people that bought this game? now that is an assumption and a half. If the devs hurried up with modtools this game wouldnt be in the pitiful state it is in, if the devs spent their time on more important stuff instead of a bunch of skins and a **** map, this game wouldnt be in the pitiful state it is in, and explain to me your normal player cycling, is that when everyone buys a game then stops playing it after a month? this is normal for xbox i agree but not for pc. And I am a tattoo artist, a job that requires a perfect job to be done, a lot of effort, and a lot of concentration, otherwise i would be fired very fast, does this qualify me to criticise?
  19. NeoCyberman

They are only 16 people strong and I suppose they are working on bug fixes, maps, server tools and voice chat coding.
  20. daztora

daztora New Member

Mod tools mod tools mod tools, I see this all the time and I think however difficult It Is to bring out, which Is understandable the better state this game will be In.

That of course being If we actually get a good map community going on like *shudder* Team Fortress 2.