MNC Fan Wallpapers

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat Art and Fiction' started by conjurous_rex, April 4, 2011.

1. daztora

daztora New Member

Do you make these models yourself or import them into a 3D program to pose them?
    Last edited: April 22, 2011
  2. Coverop

Coverop New Member

He ports to 3D program then he pose there.
    When he finish pose I think he use Photoshop to make background ya'know.
  3. conjurous_rex

conjurous_rex New Member

These are the in game models & textures, made by Uber. I extracted all the data from the game files. Since MNC is Unreal based it's pretty easy to do, there's a lot of info out there about extracting models and other stuff for the Unreal Engine. Imported them into maya where I just plugged in the textures, though I had to combine & edit some of the textures in photoshop because the in-game models use a sort of mask texture, so that they can easily make any kind of team color they want for the characters/bots etc. Works great for in game, but in maya it looks messed up. Fortunately the skeletons were preserved when I imported the models so it made posing a breeze.

Currently I'm working on some custom outfit stuff, so hopefully we'll get some mod tools soon. :)

tl;dr No I didn't model these, yes I posed them in a 3d program.
  4. Fuzzy Citrus

Fuzzy Citrus New Member

Custom stuff? So are you saying that, for example, you could give the Sniper from MNC the sniper rifle or hat from TF2? Or are you able to go so far as actually make your own stuff?

EDIT: Curious also, since you do these type of things do you own Garry's Mod? If so you should seriously upload the models there. =) that would enable me to have fun with models and make pictures xD
  5. conjurous_rex

conjurous_rex New Member

To be honest, I've no idea what we'll be able to do when the mod tools come out. Custom maps is a given, and I'm definitely holding out for the ability to add custom outfits/characters/weapons etc. It's all at Uber's discretion really. But yes you could hypothetically add TF2 stuff (they already did :p). From what I've seen of how the current outfits are set up (outlander, etc) it shouldn't be that hard. However these things would only be visible on your machine, unless other people had also downloaded the files. Course, when we'll see those mod tools is anyone's guess, as the dev's have been a bit mum on the topic, aside from saying that they're working on it. Which is good enough for me.

Yes I do own garry's mod, but there's another guy working on getting the models into gmod, Coverop, he's posted in this thread a couple times. I've already seen some screen's of the assassin palling around with the scout and spy and stuff, so hopefully he'll have something to show you guys soon.
  6. Fuzzy Citrus

Fuzzy Citrus New Member

Sounds good ^^ I knew they had already put stuff in like the hats and some other stuff, but I was just giving that as an example. Another example would have been stuff like giving the Assassin a Broad/Bastard sword from Dragon Age series or something lol

Oh and I kind of got bored...so I hope you don't mind I just recolored the Support picture you made. I'm only posting it here since it would serve no other purpose =P

Attached Files:

7. daztora

daztora New Member

Spunky Support for the win.
  8. Biwact

Biwact New Member

regarding the assassin wallpaper can you take out the quote
    thank you
  9. conjurous_rex

conjurous_rex New Member

10. Biwact

Biwact New Member