MNC: Draft Edition

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Edward Coug, December 23, 2010.

1. thoraxe5000

thoraxe5000 New Member

2. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

Only because of personal invite I'll join up. I'm pretty bad though so fair warning ;) Also, I call being on the OPPOSITE team of good Snipers or people who main him. For personal reasons :p Gives me single mission in the game then!

Oh I'll probably play Assassin too.

I do hope this just ends up just a good fun game. Last time I did a private, for fun, 6v6 game, we had complaints and such even though I thought it wasn't competitive. I hate hearing trash talk :( I will ragequit if I hear any of that stuff during the competition, just to let people know :3

... I have too many standards, I probably won't even get picked on a team if not last xD

PS I want Nata in this now too :D
    Last edited: December 29, 2010
  3. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I believe there was another thread before this one where I posted that I was interested. Is this full or can I still participate? I know I'm right around the skill gap
  4. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

Sorry Teapot. My mistake. I'll sign you up.
  5. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

How could I not extend personal invitations to the lovely ladies of oxyteam? If you can convince Jen to sign up, I'll be forever in your debt.

Who's Nata, by the way?
  6. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

7. Waynezillatar

Waynezillatar New Member

Hey Yll! This sounds fantastic, pub stomping gets boring. Sign me up please. I would love to play a real tournament.
  8. vI Snack Iv

vI Snack Iv New Member

Looks fun, put me in.
  9. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Jurrassick is interested as well.
  10. DonnyD

DonnyD New Member

Just thinking out loud here: I'd say some of the people in the draft know each other and have played together, while some are either new or just aren't familiar with the everyone. Perhaps we should list what positions we are most comfortable playing so it's easier for the captains to round out teams. For instance I'm most comfortable playing Sniper, but I'm also a competent Gunner and a decent Support and Assassin. Kind of like players entering the NFL draft list their positions.
  11. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

Well theres one problem with posting your class. Alot of people change classes based on maps. Do we vote on what maps we play against or let the private matches=Random?
    Limit on classes/Juice buying/Bots/Ot etc...

I found the best private games are 20-30 mins/no OT/no Juice buying/allow bots/allow hazards. 4 Each class

If we have to post our positions then I main Support.
  12. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

See, now you guys are making it too complicated.
  13. d34thsaint

d34thsaint New Member

Id Like to be in on it. wouldnt mind gettin alot of killz :p
  14. DonnyD

DonnyD New Member

I'm not trying to make it more complicated, but I see what you're saying. Perhaps just your best class. Whatever. I did say I was thinking out loud. Not that we had to do it.
  15. Organous

Organous Member

Agreed, no need to make special settings. Keep the games default and it's all good. The juice stations are part of the game and have been balanced to the point that only one player can really chain the juice buying at a time. This is a positive feedback game where doing well will cause you to do better, and even the rate of increase will grow. I've come to terms with this.
    As for stating our classes, all it does is tip off the people we don't know. If you're picking someone, you should very likely know that person already and know how they play.
  16. caseyATL

caseyATL New Member

add me: caseyATL
  17. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

Ok so we just pick default private match with random maps correct?
    Also how do captains go about drafting players?

We each pick one player for the day until we have a team of 6?
    This elminates huge friends playing on the same teams and gives new players a chance?
  18. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

How about we get everyone signed up and teams made before we get into details.

"Lets go with the flow."
  19. Shammas

Shammas New Member

You just do default settings and the hosting team picks the map.
  20. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

It will be best of 5, so each map will be played. There will be no class limits. The settings will be default.

If the lesser-known players want me to post the positions they play as next to their name, I'll do it. It might help you get drafted if there end up being more players than teams.