MNC: Draft Edition-The Draft

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Edward Coug, January 13, 2011.

1. Sah

Sah New Member

Sweet, thanks. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get my affairs in order by the time the tourney came around, but it looks like it won't be an issue.
  2. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

Is the tourney gonna be double elimination? Please yes.
  3. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

who doesnt enjoy eliminating someone TWICE! :lol: its fun enough the first time, but double is just a bargain.
  4. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

Clearly you don't understand the point of double elimination.
  5. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

What is it?
  6. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

7. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

So if I'm not mistaken, you get a 2nd chance when you lose? Since I saw a losers bracket.
  8. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

Basically, it's a lot more fair and insures that the top two teams will meet in the finals.

And yes, that is why it's called double elimination.
  9. Scented Midget

Scented Midget New Member

Dub elimination would be vey nice.
  10. Sah

Sah New Member

ONE MOAR PERSON FOR DE DRAFT PICK TO BE OVER:

WHERE IS YOOOOOOO PSYCHO?!?!?!~
  11. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

Everybody spam him with every message that has ever been sent in all of history.
  12. KnighT aM

KnighT aM New Member

if the brackets are set up correctly then single elimination will also ensure that the top two teams meat up in the finals. and if the top 2 teams are in the same bracket whats the difference between beating them now instead of dropping to losers and then having to beat them in the finals. double elimination is pointless with the amount of teams this game has.
  13. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

Shenanigans.
  14. zVoltaire

zVoltaire New Member

He said that he needed an assassin, and from what I've seen, there are none.
  15. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

You're kidding. Psycho is the only one left to pick?

I had him on voice chat last night! :shock:
  16. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Sorry, I was trying to learn more about the players that are left. Some of them haven't been online since December.

I'm going to take krunkthuzad, because he plays Assassin and referred to Grand Prize as a "boy's club", which made me smile.

And, as a replacement for Ian - unfortunately, he just has too many drag queens to fellate, so can't take part - ZVoltaire. We shall both play Tank, and we'll crush the enemy beneath our bearded feet. Yup, we have bearded feet. Like hobbits.
  17. GRRRKILL

GRRRKILL New Member

Just a question so what if Syd can't make this tournament? Is my team out or are we going to re-vote on a captain? I've asked her earlier this month if she can make it but this is taking longer than I thought it would. Its just a worst case scenario and I was wondering about it for the future as well.
  18. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

The only way I'd be able to play that I can foresee is if the very first round takes place before Tuesday, because that's when my Live expires.
    Which would be nearly impossible seeing as the brackets aren't even set up yet.

We could HOPE for a Bye, because by the time the second round came along and we'd have to play I'd have no excuse NOT to have Live running again, haha.

If worst comes to worst, I can nominate a captain to succeed me should I be unable to play (which I HOPE doesn't happen, seeing as I wasn't able to take part in the Fragged Nation tourney because of matters out of my control, which would be the SAME reason I couldn't participate in this one--fate hates me. :c ), and then be a sub or something after picking up someone else to fill in the spot I leave.
  19. GRRRKILL

GRRRKILL New Member

I know I really want you to play! We need the speedy assassin lol. Maybe we can have a Bye I never thought of that option. But it is a good question if we keep doing these tournaments. What would happen if a captain for whatever reason can't play?
  20. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

I'm sure someone has a temporary Gold code they could give you. Anybody that bought Black Ops has one, and most likely Halo: Reach. Chances are someone on your team might have one. Just do some begging and bat your eyelashes, then save the code for when your match is scheduled.

Also, this tournament is 16 teams, which I'm guessing means no byes for anyone. It's not like any team should deserve a bye more than another one anyway.