MNC Bootcamp/Adopt a Noob

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by teapot, July 9, 2012.

1. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

Hello guys, I am new.

My english is broken and I am Chinese.

Please teach me about MNC.

I promise I will pass your written exam with 100% and I will not fail my parents.

Amen.
  2. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Skill I remember the name a long time ago. He is pretty good he just needs to get more experience under his belt.

Xeno you really wanna risk the chance of getting a 99% on the written exam and be disowned?

There was a private match last night.. if you want a little crash course on your role in that maybe, but you've done a better job than me at teaching through those youtube videos on how to wreck pubs single handedly
  3. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

I live my life, dangerously.

Amen.
  4. skayeyeelel

skayeyeelel New Member

a private without me, isnt exactly a private..
  5. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

Have the coaches managed to get any matches going yet? I'm loving the concept and curious to see how it goes. How about an update?
  6. teapot

unfortunately not.. maybe they're a little further ahead then I am, but all I've managed to do is help a bunch of new players. Some of them are interested in the idea of forming a loose "team" just to see how they can perform in a more competitive match.

I haven't gotten all of them together in the same room, and really don't have classes down yet. Should coaches go support to fully even it out the teams? I've found players who can play Sniper Support Gunner and Assault.. possibly one for assassin.
  7. skayeyeelel

skayeyeelel New Member

i ran a pm yesterday with a bunch of sues. before the game i got everyones class choice from both teams and explained their roles. itttttt actually went rather well.
  8. aflyingtaco

aflyingtaco Member

this is still going on? ROFL
  9. skayeyeelel

skayeyeelel New Member

you want in scrub?
  10. drunken feedle

drunken feedle New Member

I've been teaching people off and on from what i can and such...
    again i havnt played much since gotham city but theres people
    out there who ive brought under my wing and have stepped it up considerably.

Theres players out there most don't even know about but if you give them a week or two they will wreck.
  11. teapot

Taco's anti-private match community so there's no point in asking, skill. You can watch some of his performances when we actually did invite him a loooong time ago.

There are quite a bunch of people who instantly play better just because they run a better build, or don't understand a concept of a class' role. I had my friend chasing LP around as an assassin face grappling everything until I guided him step by step into a more objective mindset.

I've said it multiple times on multiple sites.. the hardest thing about picking up MNC is you're playing against people who figured the game out over the course of 2 years, and you're now 2 years behind them trying to catch up. In the time it takes to catch up, players normally quit due to the beating they get. If I can help them prevent a full out beating by teaching them some tips, then they can enjoy the game and/or stay longer.

edit: ran into a dude named nXs Milky (not the halo 3 pro) who played a decent tank. It's hard to come across good tanks and he seemed interested in this whole adopt a noob thing.
    lolmontoya likes this.
  12. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

I have been slow since I have been busy - glad to see there is some new people getting some help.

Be sure to let them know about the PM list, I still use it.
  13. aflyingtaco

aflyingtaco Member

^ gets dominated in pubs
  14. skayeyeelel

skayeyeelel New Member

Try Me.
  15. joker

joker Active Member

careful, his CoD k/d is nasty
  16. skayeyeelel

skayeyeelel New Member

waiting for the inv.
  17. lolmontoya

lolmontoya Active Member

I'm teaching TurtleTime how to play , does that count ? Also he said he would like to try in a PM one night.
  18. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

"Make sure to deploy in the corner, they'll never expect it"
  19. lolmontoya

lolmontoya Active Member

Ha Ha , very funny. But no TurtleTime looks like he has talent at support and assault.
  20. mncboxsox

mncboxsox Active Member

I should actually start caring about my K/D since that seems to be what most people gauge the game on (not working as a team to shoot stuff, blow stuff up, and have fun). I could use some help with the gunner and support classes in being more offensive (either definition works). I still get mail telling me how much I suck so maybe I should learn how to play kill-em-all crossfire after all.
    lolmontoya likes this.