MNC 360 Poll

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Aeadon, March 9, 2011.

?

What 3 things does MNC 360 need most?

1. More Maps

173 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. Balance Adjustments

89 vote(s)
    31.4%
  3. More Characters

38 vote(s)
    13.4%
  4. Better Matchmaking

127 vote(s)
    44.9%
  5. Better Performance

108 vote(s)
    38.2%
  6. More Game Modes

59 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Lots of small updates

48 vote(s)
    17.0%
  8. A few really big updates

50 vote(s)
    17.7%
  9. More meta game (protags, sponsors, etc)

31 vote(s)
    11.0%
  10. Exploits fixed

86 vote(s)
    30.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

What? i don't understand. I'm saying make a system so that new players wont get destroyed by good players and never play again. Their is no competitive community in this game everyone just wont's to pub stomp some scrubs.
  2. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

I want to see better performance especially spawning in splitscreen, which currently means I am blind for 2-3 seconds, which means I die, which means I need to respawn, which means my friend dies, I think you can see where this is going.

But Uber, do NOT just make new maps. Don't run before you're walking. Get the basics down first.
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

So what you are saying now is "Better matchmaking?"
  4. MLGIntervention

Sure if you wont to destroy this game.
    More game modes would make a prestige game type.
  5. DeadStretch

How would better matchmaking "destroy this game?" I don't think you know what "matchmaking" really is.
  6. MLGIntervention

Its the thing people play to make their stats look good.
  7. DeadStretch

Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense.
  8. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

To interject: Matchmaking is the thing that puts you against skilled players. If anything is destroying the competitive scene, it would be the lack of good matchmaking. If anything is destroying this game it's the lack of good matchmaking. How fun can it be to lose ever single game by a landslide, and the ones you don't get stomped on, it's pretty obvious you're being toyed with?

It's no wonder there's so many raging people on this game.

That level twelve? Try and put him in a lobby with NO All Stars. At ALL. Unless you're going for bona fide matchmaking. In which case, just do it. Please. For the love of god.
  9. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Basically, put the good people in a lobby against good people, the medium people against medium people, and the bad people against bad people. In layman's terms.
  10. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

Well for "matchmaking" I'm assuming Uber is experimenting with a version of it on PC with those 1-5 star ratings of players. Granted I'm sure there's a lot more to it than what I know about, but the servers can place a limit on what rating a player can join with. This means that if a server is intended for players of lower skill, players with high skill can't simply join and stomp on the players with lesser skill. I don't think there's a lower limit though, just an upper limit, so low skill players might join a server intended for experienced players.
  11. DeadStretch

The 5-Star rating for PC is used to even out teams. The XBox version has been out for so long it will basically be useless since everyone will be starting from scratch.
  12. MLGIntervention

In matchmaking If you play any of destiny or grand prize none of them try in pubs. Only the people who refuse to play in privates try in pubs. I play for fun with friends but scene we have such a reputation everyone quits we can never have "fun" in pubs. I would rather play privates VS skilled players than in pubs with random people on my team.
  13. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

"Try"? What is this "try" you speak of? If I wanted to be srs in MNC, I wouldn't play MNC. For me, games like TF2 and MNC simply can't be taken seriously. Besides, when these fists talk, we gonna hack into the turret now.
  14. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

I've played with them in pubs. Even if they don't try, they will try to avoid losing. Everyone does. I remember a game of Miracle raping as a Gunner in a pub game, against new guys. It's not hard to. Me personally, I've played with/against the tourney players despite their reputations. I will quit, however, if me playing in that lobby is a completely fruitless endeavor. I don't mind facing good people. I do mind knowing in advance I'll lose just about every game I play.

And, if you'd rather play privates, okay. No problem. But, I would rather play against a diversity of players, instead of a select group.

My reasoning behind poor matchmaking destroying the competitive scene is this: It will be hard(er) to find people who will willing to play the game. Again, if they can't have much fun, why would they continue playing? Yeah, if they come to ya, they'll be shown the ropes. But, someone who just got the game would be hard pressed to get interested in competitive gaming on MNC if they have such a hard time finding games that are FUN, instead of a one way or the other stompfest.
  15. Miracle

Miracle New Member

I like to call it autopilot.
  16. MLGIntervention

Why have i never heard of this Jeff?
  17. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

mind me asking why performance, matchmaking, balance, and exploits are optional?
  18. xS m o k 3 z

xS m o k 3 z New Member

i tape my right trigger down in pubs and some how win? I love pubs :D
  19. Emvee

Emvee New Member

More Maps, Better Matchmaking, and More Game Modes.

Maybe 1 more game mode called Mercenary(No parties) Crossfire? I'm tired of getting poopstomped by parties kthxbai

EDIT: Switch in More Game Modes for Better Performance. As long as they improve the team balancing(if there is any) I'm fine.
    Last edited: March 26, 2011
  20. F5in

F5in New Member

That actually may be a good idea, despite splitting the online userbase a bit. The parties could go fight other parties and all the new people/solo people would get to play without parties absolutely decimating them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.