Missing radar blips and wrong icons - possible workaround?

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by DeathByDenim, August 17, 2013.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

When using my Intel HD4000 under Kubuntu 13.04, more often than not, the radar doesn't work and the strategic icons are wrong (Bug FS#1595). This seems to happen for a few others as well, so I wanted to share a (rather clumsy) workaround, which is:
    • Boot computer
    • Immediately start PA
    For the last four or five games I've always had working radar blips and the correct icons if I start PA right after booting up the laptop. If I do other stuff first or wait a while, and then start PA, thing will appear broken again.
    As Sxx said earlier, this is probably a bug in Mesa itself, but at least this will allow you to play the game properly for now. Of course, this "workaround" could be specific to my computer, but try it out.
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Damn. It's most interesting workaround I'm ever seen... o_O

Unfortunately it's not working for R600g, or at least it's not working for my card.
  3. Gwmngilfen

Gwmngilfen New Member

I can confirm this workaround, strange though it is. After a fresh boot, radar blips, strategic icons, unit selection circles all showed up. 30 mins later (after dinner :p) I restarted PA and they were corrupted. Another hour, another restart of PA, they were gone entirely.

Very odd indeed....