Misnomers in PA (pls fix if possible, Uber)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by icycalm, January 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I don't understand, who are you saying this to?
  2. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

I believe in real life there are celestial bodies that act in a similar manner yet are not classified as planets. One such example is Pluto (Unless it has been classified a planet again). From what I understand it is only classified as an orbital object which is a part of the Kuiper Belt Collection.
    badfucatus, didlix and stuart98 like this.
  3. Mogzai

Mogzai New Member

Ah didn't see that, all fixed now.
    stuart98 likes this.
  4. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

If so, the name metal planet is doubly wrong.
  5. squishypon3

@cwarner7264 or any other mod really.

Do you think it'd be possible to do some sort of cleanup here? This thread has been derailed so far the train is in the middle of the ocean right now.
    rivii, cptconundrum, Raevn and 2 others like this.
  6. Nicb1

And thus your whole argument that it should be named an artificial "Planet" has been invalidated as we have both come to the agreement that use of the word "Planet" is fallacy.
    tracktor97 and stuart98 like this.
  7. tracktor97

tracktor97 New Member

What do you want Ub er to call it?? Space debris?
    stuart98 likes this.
  8. squishypon3

He tetechnically is right in this, as if it's not a planet by definition it shouldn't be adressed as a metal planet.

Though if it were changed I'd probably still call it a metal planet. =P
    Last edited by a moderator: January 21, 2015
    Nicb1 likes this.
  9. icycalm

Nothing has been "invalidated". I have already said I would take death planet or death weapon, or any name not copyrighted by Lucasfilm that's not metal planet. You are merely trying to disagree with me for the sake of disagreeing.
    Last edited: January 21, 2015
  10. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Here let me help all of you out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definition_of_planet

"a planet is a body that orbits the Sun, is massive enough for its own gravity to make it round, and has "cleared its neighbourhood" of smaller objects around its orbit."

So no planets in PA are planets.

GG
    icycalm and didlix like this.
  11. icycalm

So basically artificial planet would do fine. Thanks for looking up the definition.

(But I'd still take death planet or something similar as well.)
  12. icycalm

Which brings us back to the moon issue. Look at YouTube videos and casted streams of PA matches. Again and again the casters are calling planets "moons", even though they are planets. A far more blatant problem, which is why it's higher on my list.
  13. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

My teacher said wikipedia was unreliable =c

jk
  14. icycalm

While moons are not called moons if they have the lava biome. It is a lava moon, but the casters are calling it a planet. This even has actual "gameplay" significance, as people get mixed up on the location of the stellar body in the system.
  15. Nicb1

I have provided a legitimate argument throughout this thread with no malicious intent whatsoever. I have as of thus far provided nothing but legitimate comments referring to fact throughout my posts in your thread.

Lastly my comment picking apart your argument about the artificial planets is as valid as the arguments that you have stated in your original argument. The op could be classed as arbitrary to PA as my posts have been to your op thus far.
    stuart98 likes this.
  16. icycalm

You continue to ignore the fact that I said I would be fine with death planet or something similar, because you want to be seen disagreeing with me. It's extremely transparent what you are doing.
  17. Nicb1

I will not argue with you any further as it is clear that you cannot take any form of opposing argument and will clearly resort to petty name calling when you cannot be bothered anymore. I said this before and I will say it again, I have criticized your argument as you have criticized certain aspects of PA.

I legitimately got involved and enjoyed stating my point of view, but apparently now days to oppose and argue against someone's point of view is to be a "troll" or be similar to a "troll".
    stuart98 likes this.
  18. icycalm

Meanwhile, you conveniently ignore all my irrefutable counter-arguments.

How do you explain a metal planet without metal such as the one in your very clan's home system? But an artificial planet without any easily extractable metal deposits make sense.
  19. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

metal can come in two forms... refined and unrefined... mex can take up the unrefinded while refined can only be reclaimed, with a metal planet why would you reclaim the land you are standing on, even more so when it makes a functioning lazer planet...
    icycalm and stuart98 like this.
  20. Mogzai

Mogzai New Member

Just because you may not like other people questioning your logic you must listen to it considering you are such an active member of the forums.
    stuart98 and Nicb1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.