Mic Guy - "TURRTS! TURRTS! TURRTS!"

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Spy, January 11, 2011.

1. Spy

Spy New Member

Ok so I go on and start playing on Ekanaut's server, after about one game a new game starts and I hear this guy on the mic.

He's like, "Alright guys we gotta push this intro, PUSH PUSH PUSH! C'MON!"

I figured it was just another player just advising some new guys what to do, but the next thing I know he's screaming at the top of his lungs over the microphone about how we have no defense. From what I remember, he said...

"GUYS WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!? WE HAVE NO DEFENSE NOW! NONE! WE NEED TURRETS TO WIN, WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT THAT CONCEPT?! IF WE DON'T HAVE TURRETS, WE DON'T HAVE DEFENSE!"

I start running down a lane and he starts screaming again,

"TURRTS! TURRTS! TURRTS! T-U-R-R-E-T-S! WE CAN'T WIN WITHOUT TURRETS YOU DUMBA**ES."

Anyway, has anyone else played with this kid? Someone needs to put him on YouTube.
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Hahaha, I'm going to play on Eka's server to listen to this guy. Got a name to keep an eye out for?
  3. Spy

Spy New Member

It took me awhile to find out who it was cause you can't really tell who's talking during the game, but his name is Woyzeck.
  4. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

Never seen him, but i believe it.
  5. BulletMagnet

6. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

Louis-Cipher perhaps? He's fun to listen to though, not annoying. :D
  7. Spy

Spy New Member

Yeah that's him for sure.
  8. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

You've played with him too? yea... he's funny :lol: .
  9. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

I guess he suffers from... TURRETSSyndrome...
  10. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

*drum and symbols* :lol:
  11. Terror

Terror New Member

Comeback wins with Louis are the best:

OH MA GAD YOU RETARDS DO YOU WANT TO LOSE YOU RETARDS MOVE IN YOU RETARDS WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU RETARDS

win

Man i want to give you guys a hug.
  12. BulletMagnet

[​IMG]
  13. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

We all know turrets are useless against juice rushes anyway :p
  14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Explain to me, what do you guys consider a "juice rush?" Because the meaning of it that was coined when MNC first launched obviously isn't the same anymore.
  15. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Get/earn juice, run into enemy base, activate juice, destroy 3+ turrets with an assassin, tank or gunner.

That's my juice rush term, sometimes an assassin will do it constantly thus leaving you with no defences even if you have tons of money. I always felt that it was too over powered for one solo effort to destroy a base like that.
  16. DeadStretch

Ahh see to me that's just called "using juice."

When MNC first launched the term "juice rush" came when both teams would turtle the whole game saving their money until overtime. Once overtime came everyone on each team would buy juice and rush to destroy the enemy teams Moneyball before their own ball was destroyed.
  17. VoxNihili

VoxNihili New Member

That's still pretty much how it works. Overtime is usually decided by which team has an assassin/gunner/tank with juice first. I've just disabled it on my server. I wish I could disable juice, instead, but at least it prevents losing to a team due to that last-second juicer.
  18. DeadStretch

That's what OT is meant to be. OT is not the same as it used to be. It used to be 15 minutes of not seeing an enemy then when OT would hit they would flock out of the woodwork.

Easy way to avoid it is to finish the game before OT hits. I find it funny that players are using custom settings just because they refuse to learn and adapt.

Also if OT is coming why are you letting them get juice first? Why not wait by the juice dispensers and kill them before they can buy juice?

I mean if neither team has destroyed the Moneyball by OT who wins? I know you are going to say the team who put the most damage into the Moneyball but that's not the objective of regulation time. Also if it was determined by the team with less damage on their ball then you would see teams damaging the Moneyball then turtling until the game is over. Now that's no fun is it?
  19. VoxNihili

VoxNihili New Member

And:

. . . care to clarify that? As I'm understanding it, you're saying the goal of regulation play is not to do as much damage to the other team's moneyball as possible, but that the best way to avoid cheesy juicer wins in OT is to destroy the other team's moneyball during regulation, which you'd presumably do by dealing as much damage as possible to it.

Saying this is a refusal to adapt is just obtuse; there are 12 people, and the best way to win in OT is to juice first. That's not going to change. That, in my opinion, is a mechanic that makes the game less fun. So in order to have the game not boil down to a race to juice as soon as OT hits, I've just disabled buying juice and OT altogether. I think the game's better for it. It sucks to out-play the other team for the entire regulation period and then lose because their assassin juices before your gunner does.
  20. DeadStretch

The object of regulation time is to completely destroy the enemy teams Moneyball. If OT comes and neither team has done so the rules change. Also if you "out-play the other team for the entire regulation period" then why did you lose during OT? I know why either you weren't prepared and/or you refuse to learn and adapt.