Metacritic user votes?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by lokiCML, July 1, 2014.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Not to mention, wtf is he talking about. So much of his review is incorrect. Like that infernos are horrible, yet here some complain their OP!

And you should build aa, or PD towers... Walls also block tanks amazingly, and infernos are literally mean't to take down walls and turrets...

This just... it hurts to look at...
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

This. It's an artificial limitation at the moment, not a technical one.

Have a look at the other reviews by that guy ... mostly 0's.
  3. squishypon3

I know, it's either 0 or a 5. That's pretty much what his reviews are..
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

And that is what some people go out of the way to make the fate of the game...

They don't play it, why do they care about it, if they **** it up for everyone else, they force them into playing their crappy Star Citizen/Call of Duty/Minecraft :(

Not even saying any of those 3 are crappy, but **** man, leave my **** alone, is that hard to ask? If you are going to make a review ******* with someone else's ****, please make it with the utmost detail.

Mass popular vote like this, makes me WANT a bare minimum test to be mandatory to vote in the U.S.. It is absolutely beneficial, I could care less if the majority can vote as long as the aware and educated can vote. And we aren't talking old voting tests, because in this day and age education is mandatory and there is nearly no excuse for someone to say they had no chance at being educated, the government pretty much spoonfeeds it until the age of 18.

Back on topic, I still say this game isn't released yet. **** Metacritic. When this game does release, the 40 person games, the offline and serverside, the sharp mod support and hooks, then all these "critiques" and "scores" are all false and outdated, I am going to get ahold of Metacritic to clear the scores AGAIN when that happens, they were wrong and we were right and they have to clear them, I will literally gather an internet mob to constantly harass their inbox until they do so, I swear right is right and this is just nonsense.

On a side note, I am making a top score for this game on metacritic, and explaining every damn feature of the game. I will link a youtube video explaining it in detail if I must.
    OathAlliance and stuart98 like this.
  5. squishypon3

God I hate these quotes. Anyway, bottom line, I actually have fun with Minecraft @thetrophysystem
    Jaedrik and stuart98 like this.
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Like I said, great games. But why do they get that, when they could give a **** about anyone else's fun?
  7. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Once I'm on a computer I'll probably write one. Apparently metacritic doesn't allow reviews to be written on mobile.
  8. elonshadow

elonshadow Active Member

How to **** with metacritic?

Step 1: get 1-5 guys to write a bad review of something.
    Step 2: link that review to someone who actually likes it and is active in a community dedicated to that something
    Step 3: talk about people bashing the thing on metacritic
    Step 4: watch the positive reviews wash in.

We're now 36 to 3
    Mission Accomplished.
  9. Geers

Geers Post Master General

My review starts and ends with:

THIS GAME IS IN EARLY ACCESS AND FEATURES, BUGS, BALANCES AND OPTIMIZATION ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. EARLY ACCESS REQUIRES AN INTERNET CONNECTION, THIS WILL CHANGE UPON RELEASE.

I win.
  10. elonshadow

elonshadow Active Member

Would be cool if your review was just that, repeated some twenty times. :)
  11. Geers

At the bottom I added "SHIELDS ARE NOT AND WILL NOT BE IN THE GAME STOP ASKING". Does that help?
  12. elonshadow

elonshadow Active Member

YES! ^^
  13. thepilot

thepilot Well-Known Member

Well, the game is sold for months. IT IS released. No matter if it's finished or not, released doesn't means finished.

So it's about time they accept votes for it.

It should be done for any early access : If you ask money for something, you have to accept critics.

I've put a bad score because of Uber sales politic. it stinks and I don't want any other game to go that way.

d
  14. Terrasque

Terrasque Member

I see that a lot of people are rating it 10/10 - since so many fans see the game as absolutely perfect as it is right now and there's nothing to improve, maybe Uber should just release it as is and move on to something else?

If not, why the *bleep* is it being rated 10/10? I also have some issues with the 9/10 scores, but at least they have that as an excuse.
    bradaz85 and vyolin like this.
  15. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Well maybe people rate it 10/10 to counter the ****storm they expect from all the haters who just downvote the game because of PR reasons and not because of the game itself.
    Last edited by a moderator: July 2, 2014
  16. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I just read that, and the whole review is outright factually wrong. Finished game will be DRM free, Uber were upfront about the Galactic war not being a traditional solo campaign, the kickstarters who made the custom commanders gave their permission to be sold, Micro transactions don't only exist in F2P (seriously??), calling this a scam ...
    lokiCML and MrTBSC like this.
  17. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

Preemptive strikes, hoping to counter the equally unreasonable yet inevitable zero-votes.
    Irrespective of Uber's monetisation schemes PA is definitely somewhere in the realm of 3 to 6, given its actual state as a game and should be rated accordingly. Less than 3 is dishonest since the game is actually playable and has the majority of advertised features in place, as is more than 6 since the technological foundation is still, uhm, lacking.
    Inflating the rating on the premise of countering deflation is plain silly.
    Plus, why don't you just ignore Metacritic so it may finally die and leave the world a better place. All you do by voting there is prolonging its life by providing them with more views, no objectivity is there to be had...
    lokiCML, drewsuser, MrTBSC and 3 others like this.
  18. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

You point out many reasons why early access/under development games simply shouldn't be on metacritic, unless they wipe all the reviews each time a build is released.
    cola_colin likes this.
  19. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

You're all giving MetaCritic attention and traffic. Stop it. The only way to stop MetaCritic is to ignore it.
    lokiCML, Jaedrik, MrTBSC and 4 others like this.
  20. Geers

YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE JUDGING THE GAME NOT THE COMPANY!
    Jaedrik, MrTBSC, vyolin and 2 others like this.