Metacritic user votes?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by lokiCML, July 1, 2014.

1. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Yes really.
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Well then here's another, the only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about.
    DeadStretch likes this.
  3. Geers

Not sure that for example.... The Catholic Church would agree when all those molestation victims came forward.
  4. thepilot

thepilot Well-Known Member

Not at all.

All the latest articles about PA are about that early access box, not how the game is awesome and evolve.
  5. squishypon3

That's because there's a ready been reviews on the game. This game made top selling rts during the Steam sale, pretty sure it's doing pretty well. :p

Edit: I mean I just went to Wal-Mart and this random cashier had heard about the game.
  6. thefluffybunny

thefluffybunny Active Member

Of course the press talk about it, they have to talk about something to keep people coming back. Saying 'everything is awesome' rarely sells papers, so articles are often negative and opinionated. The 'release' gives them an excuse to write an article, people read it, and most people will then read up on the subject to get a spread of views rather than rely on one, and that's when PA will win through as the vast majority of info out there is positive.

Kickstarter itself is an innovation (although a relatively old one now) - why should Uber not innovate in the release method too?

in 6 months time (or whenever) no-one is going to see the full release version and say, 'looks right up my street, but no im not getting that, I read an article 6 months ago that thought it was silly to release a box set so i'll stick with that opinion regardless.' some will buy it now as a result of the release, the vast majority will forget it or never even notice, and maybe, just maybe, buy it later.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  7. Geers

I think they'd rather blame it for the next school shooting than talk about Early Access.
  8. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

Then I stand corrected. It seems I was giving them more credit in terms of their business practices than intended.
    Regarding them innovating in the field of monetisation: There is no inherent value to innovation. Just as there is no inherent value to publicity.
  9. DalekDan

DalekDan Active Member

Bitter much?? Its called kickstarter.... emphasis on the starter, not '100% project funder'... Not only Uber but every company that used kickstarter to raise funds to make a game -- or any project at all -- are absolutely trying to pull in or have/will pull(ed) in additional funds any way they can to make their game/product/project, pay the bills and hire staff.
    lokiCML, ace63, Geers and 5 others like this.
  10. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Bah. I' not aware if this link has been published earlier but here we go. Pay special attention to the comments. Outside this forum people aren't biased by unconditional support for Uber (no matter what they're doing) and their opinions differ from what we usually read in here.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/07/01/planetary-annihilation-boxed-copy/
  11. Geers

Not really seeing a massive difference.
  12. squishypon3

Yeah pretty much everyone is bringing up the same points (for both sides). :p
  13. Geers

I'll just stick this here: