Metacritic user votes?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by lokiCML, July 1, 2014.

1. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Actually unless you have a source I don't believe this to be true. I believe the base game alone will be closer to $20 since that's what it was on KS.
  2. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Actually no I don't, because no one's forcing you to buy the damn thing.
    You don't like the idea of Early Access? That's perfectly goddamn fine but don't start acting like a twat just because others like it.
  3. thepilot

thepilot Well-Known Member

And it was at 90$ in during alpha, around 60 during beta.

Now it's at 45 € (not $) on steam, so still more expensive...
  4. thepilot

You don't like people dying? That's perfectly goddamn fine but don't start acting like a **** just because others let them starve.
    Last edited by a moderator: July 2, 2014
  5. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Early access means exactly that, and always has. Access to game before it is finished.

This line of argument is based on the assumption that higher priced alphas and betas are inherently wrong; but this is an invented assumption on your part.

You know that's not at all comparable. I don't like chocolate, but I don't stop other people from eating it.
    Last edited by a moderator: July 2, 2014
    lokiCML, Geers and squishypon3 like this.
  6. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Which only prevents buyers ignorant to it's early access form from buying it, only hard core fans or people who would like to participate in the development in the game bought it. I see no problem with this. (Not to mention it's to be fair to the original backers, who also paid those prices for their entrance into the game.)
    lokiCML likes this.
  7. tehtrekd

O-KAY and I see that this has degraded to spouting out moronic comparisons that have nothing to do with anything so I'm gonna go ahead and stop right there.

Congratulations at making yourself look HILARIOUSLY stupid.
  8. thepilot

It never has before steam.
    Read this :
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/can-you-see-why-he-is-saying-this.61473/page-15#post-954362

I had some tickets for early access to the movies in the past, I never went excepting seeing half the movie or whatever.

So you are okay if I sell you a screw for 200 dollars? I swear to you I will give you a whole incredible machine around it in a year that worth 150 dollars!
  9. burlayz

burlayz Member

Would you have been upset if they charged 40$ for the steam release initially?
    Would anyone in this thread?
  10. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

but something being released and being finished are 2 different things, no?
    i mean we had a "release" version of the alpha before, did that mean that we can go on metacritic and give it scores on that state?
    now we are at gamma yet still early access and not finished official gold ..
    is it realy ok to give it scores now?

i personaly will wait untill it has official gold status

if we are talking alpha then yes people would have more than likely called uber on being unfair torwards their backers ...
    full retail however was already available as preorder for 40 dollars before and that was totaly ok ..
    if steam would have offered that option as well people may have been less upset ...
    with entering gamma those preorderers got earlier access to the game aswell ... which was totaly fine by me personaly
    Last edited: July 2, 2014
  11. thepilot

You don't understand sarcasm, so I will make it clear :

It's not because you are okay with something that you should dismiss people that are not.
    Because the biggest things made by humanity were done by confront adversity.
  12. tehtrekd

Edit: Actually it's because I ignored him. Ignore muh stupid.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  13. burlayz

burlayz Member

That would be a fair point if the game weren't available in physical stores, but it is.
    If the devs are going to treat the game as complete, then the consumer should too.

Even if the physical release was due to time restraints, then they should have just planned better.
  14. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Kickstarter didn't mean anything until ... kickstarter, either. Given we are talking about purchasing early access via steam, and that they have a handy little page that starts with "Get immediate access to games that are being developed", anyone who isn't aware has deliberately failed to read the information in the big blue box on the store page.

Again, a ridiculous comparison.
    lokiCML likes this.
  15. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

You'd be surprised...
  16. thepilot

Oh, you mean they've printed the explanation next to the shelves on the physical stores?
    I didn't knew that, it's okay then!
    Still, could have been more easy to print "not the finished game" in the box...

It's not a comparison, it's sarcasm.
    You seem quite ready to pay more to have less but sooner. And also arguing it's a good thing.
    Why not, but I fail to see how.

I'm sure you would have been very happy to pay the Battlefield Hardline beta 100 dollars.
  17. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

they don´t though, that is what early access implies ... that the game is yet TO BE completed it is not threated as a complete game even if it is boxed

nordic shipped a boxed early access version because apperantly people asked for it and uber agreed on it
    that is the official statement ... and i don´t see an issue with that honestly
  18. thepilot

Where !? Who !?

They've sent emails to Nordic or something? Can I call bullshit on that? Or is it on a forum? If so URL?

The reality is probably that Uber signed a contract for distribution with Nordic, with a date. That date went by, and not boxing something could have mean a breach of contract.

I don't really like how they take us for dummies by telling they though how the idea of selling an unfinished game in a box was so great, and how many people were demanding it.
    carlorizzante likes this.
  19. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Then it's not being constructive to the thread.

Please explain how I have less than those who are getting the game now. Am I stuck on an earlier version or something? Have I not spent all this time playing and modding? Did I not get additional items that new people aren't? Am I not getting the finished game? Which one of these is getting me less exactly?

I see you and many people "deciding" that people get less by getting in early, when it's not your call to make. The value add of early access is subjective; I get some people just want the end game, but this comes back to the whole "if you don't like early access that's fine, but other people do".
    meir22344, matizpl and lokiCML like this.
  20. thepilot

I hope not, you've paid more for the same thing at best.

You mean the different layout of boxes for the commander? Yes, worth 2 times the retail price for sure.

Nobody can answer that one. Maybe, maybe not.

Not really. Except for PA (and other early access ****), all games that were released earlier in beta were cheaper or free. Every single game before 2013/2012.
    Even still now, pre-ordering is cheaper.

It is not my call, it's the industry call for two decades.

The fact that it's shifting the other way is not good for the consumer, because you are now paying more for something that was free or cheaper before. That is not subjective either.

And it will go horribly when big editors will join that shift. DLC were a godsend compared to what can happen with that idea.

It's not my call to say "I don't want that". It's our call.
    And the fact that so many people are okay with that worries me a lot.

For me as consumer, but also for my friends that work in the game industry.