Met a guy at school who plays PA....here's what he thinks about the game

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Tormidal, October 21, 2014.

1. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

No, I don't have to take anything you say as evidence of a majority. This is a basic fundamental of statistics.

I never said I agreed or disagreed with any of the points made. A number of them are subjective, and they are not endorsed by a majority of the playerbase. Fact.
    pieman2906 and cdrkf like this.
  2. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

According to your argument there is no such thing as a majority and therefore any feedback is void. This forum can be closed now.
  3. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

There is no correlation between "you're not a majority" and "feedback is void". Please don't make a correlation up, out of nowhere :(

Just let it go, this is a great thread. Don't mess it up with your constant need to put the game down - there are plenty of threads for that. Your opinion is just that - a single opinion. Not indicate of a majority, and not statistically-relevant. Let those who want to be positive, be positive :)
    badfucatus and kayonsmit101 like this.
  4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

@Gorbles +1

I'm not sure I'm happy with people assuming 'majority support' with any of this. I'm happy with the game, are there things that could be improved? Sure (as with anything), however I actually like what we have and think Uber have done a good job.

Also I'm an old Total Annihilation player (who played in the on line TA scene in the 90's for the PRO clan- probably before many of these so called 'experts') so it's not like it's even the TA community that is wholly against PA (was showing this to another old OTA player yesterday and he was impressed). PA is a different game with a common ancestry, and personally I'm fine with that as that was what I always expected. I think a few people here are unhappy based on some very unrealistic expectations from the very start and have proceeded to whine with the theme being "this isn't TA"...

TL,DR: @stuart98 there are plenty of people here who don't share your opinions, so please don't claim to speak for everyone.
  5. Obscillesk

Obscillesk Active Member

At this point, reading the forums has convinced me that 90% of the players hate the game and are only using it for an engine for their mods. I mean, the balance forums are an echo chamber for 1v1 players, and you best not be one of those ffa noobs, or your opinion is irrelevant.

For instance, I learned that I must be the noobiest of noobs to ever build storage. Though I've always found it incredibly impractical to build a catalyst with pure income.
    But then, no one ever builds Catalysts in this game (cause PA is 1v1 only, right?) so its an impossible scenario I guess.
    cdrkf likes this.
  6. plague11

plague11 Member

this was writer before the game was cancelled so yes i know it has been cancelled.