-Message sent to site admin-

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Drag0nmstah, July 30, 2011.

?

Do you agree with my message?

1. Yes to most of it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Yes to the fixes but no to the class

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No to the fixes but yes to the class

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No to most of it

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  6. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Drag0nmstah

Drag0nmstah New Member

The following is a message that i composed and sent to the site admin in hopes that things may be fixed. I am not asking for any responses but if you do read it please let me know your thoughts and considerations.
    Last edited: July 30, 2011
  2. Drag0nmstah

Drag0nmstah New Member

A few things have been brought to my attention which are very well thought out ideas into which i hope you will look. I will list them out and if you could please let me know your thoughts and comments from yourself and your crew.

1. Increased pay on bot-spawning should allow for stronger bots. (If you take the bots from the blitz mode it can easily be noted that the bots of increasing level have more durable armor and higher movement rate. This could be placed into a crossfire match to configure some system which would allow for better armored bots and/or faster bots to be created.)

2a. Increase timer on juice spawns by 20-40%. (While playing the game it can be noted that if one person has accumulated enough money to consecutively buy juice he can buy the juice use it and come back for a second purchase in which the user could use and return to find the original vendor for which he bought his first juice to be regenerated. This allows for this specific person to continually buy juice throughout the match provided that he has the money for it which through streaks is very obtainable.)
    2b. Exchange juice vendors for bacon vendors. (Having juice creates a very powerful player in which the user can attack turrets and players with ease. The downside to having the juice vendors is the ability to buy juice multiple times during one's life thus making the player over-dominant when skill is a minimal factor between players. Bacon on the other hand makes the player powerful but only to the extent of which their capabilities are greater. This reduces juice-chaining as some call it and allows for other players to have a chance to play the game without another player or series of players continually having unrelenting power defeating them in moments after getting found, thus giving the other players a better chance and a better gaming experience. I do keep in mind however that this might defeat the purpose of the bacon protags. Simply put, the solution would be to just make these bacon purchases not count towards one's bacon collecting protags.)

3. Protags for getting kills with spawned bots. (By adding a series of protags for killing players with spawned bots it creates a challenge and more goal to the purchase of bots in a crossfire match than to merely gain money and kills from them.)

After taking these into consideration i hope that some of these may be benefical to the creation of a better gaming experience for the gamers of Monday Night Combat.

The following is an idea for a new class that is purely an idea.

The Tactician-
    Primary Weapon: High-powered Pistol (Mid-ranged attack and contains ammo relative to the gunner's mortar cannon. The power is relative to the rail-gun. Aim reticle is relative to the assassin's shuriken launcher.)
    Secondary Weapon: Plasma cannon (This weapon is a long-range attack that has the power of a shotgun blast if it hits the target but does area damage and is weaker the farther away the target is from the point of impact. This ammo clip is fair to the ammount of damage it does meaning it should be about 5 shots per clip. The aim reticle of this weapon should be the size of a sniper's smg to the size of a tank's railgun. The choice is is up to the designers.)
    Skill 1: Mines (These mines set much like the sniper's traps. The number goes up through upgrades and the damage/range also adjust through skill purchasing. The purpose of these is an offensive version of the sniper's ice traps. The effect of these against targets is like that of an assault's bomb only weaker and does not cause fire damage. Regen-time relative to the support's air-strike.)
    Skill 2: Dummy (The dummy creates an artifical version of a random player on your team and improves by upgrades. Upgrade one creates realistic movement. Upgrade two makes the dummy react to players. The effect of the dummy's is up to the designers but could but is not limited to blinding nearby persons like a smokebomb, realeasing spikes or some projectiles at nearby persons, or giving small bonuses and is treated like a bot kill rewarding the destroyer with an amount of money and releasing pick-ups. Regen time is relative to the gunner's un-upgraded slam.)
    Skill 3: Stun-Stab (The user takes their weapon and leaps in a direction. If a player was made contact with then the target getgrappled and beaten in the back with the user's gun in one to three hit's this causes a deal of damage and makes the target move slower as though hit by a slam or shot by a deployed gunner. Upgrades may include longer stun time, added damage, and/or longer range on leap. After the user has finished the grapple they are then either pushed off of the target or they jump off of the target landing back in the place of origin or away from the target. Regen time is relative to the Gunner grapple.)

I hope you take into consideration some of this mail and please do respond giving me your thoughts and considerations.
    *Thank you*
  3. LIVE 3RUPI

LIVE 3RUPI New Member

Sorry but i say no to most things. On paper bacon vendors sound like a good idea but what if everyone on one team has bacon and they control the are where the vendor is? It would be just as bad as juice is now especially for new players.

The tactician sounds like a good class and it would be but i dont think this game needs any more mines or traps plus if a team all went tactician the dummy thing would get very annoying.

A longer juice timer would be great, the bot armour/increased health thing would be good also.
  4. Drag0nmstah

Drag0nmstah New Member

Keep in mind that this was all created on the spot and also if there were a lot of dummies then it would only be extra cash. Besides that the mines I would almost assuredly say are going to be very visible and set-up much like the timing of a firebase. Plus the bacon idea would no doubt have a timer much like the juice vendors but most likely be longer. Also just as a side note, it's not a bad as firebases everywhere nor is it as bad as icetraps because icetraps stop you and don't reward you.
  5. LIVE 3RUPI

LIVE 3RUPI New Member

Yes but i would rather have the enemy using six firebases than 18 mines. I still think a full team of bacon pros would be ridiculous. I like the fact that its rare, makes me enjoy having it more when i get some.

When you say you get extra cash do you mean from shooting the dummies? If thats the case i wouldnt want to use a class that gives the other team money to get their skills faster.
  6. Drag0nmstah

Drag0nmstah New Member

The money reward is not that great and is comparable to the slim bots. Also the odd perk that i just thought of is each bacon vendor could be linked to the life of the user regenerate after the user dies. By the way, a bad support gives the team $25 every time he stupidly throws out his firebase. The benefits are actually very minimal in theory for these dummies.

Just as a side note the mines could regen like a firebase for all we know which is extremely slow and they could be destroyed just as the ice traps they are not controlled release bombs they are explosive objects. It would be entirely up to the developers.
    Last edited: July 30, 2011
  7. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

i disagree with everything except kills with bots, and even that is something i am neutral on.
  8. Drag0nmstah

Drag0nmstah New Member

Any reason why you object to the buying of stronger bots?
    The cost could be exponential and be capped such as...
    $100=standard
    $300=Upgraded
    $800=More Upgraded
    and then stop by not going any higher.
  9. LIVE 3RUPI

LIVE 3RUPI New Member

800 is a lot of money to spend when an assassin will just rip trough them regardless of how much health they have. Plus nobody in this game will spawn bots over nearly 2 juice purchases.

For me to spend 800 on bots they would have to be at least 3 times the strength of a bouncer and that would just be ridiculous.
  10. Drag0nmstah

Drag0nmstah New Member

No need to get so picky it's only a concept which can be improved greatly.
    Besides the gremlins (if the assassin is smart) are followed by the assassin if she is not spamming them and they become guarded. As to the strength and armor they wouldn't be killed in a single regular lunge.
  11. desertfalcon

desertfalcon Active Member

Agree with no#3 and PLEASE can we have some awesome protags? (il let you smart people deal with the names), and so the pistol is like the magnum in HALO, and the dummy is like the hologram in HALO also? am i right?
  12. Drag0nmstah

Drag0nmstah New Member

I was thinking the dummy would be more like the dummy grenade from lost planet 2
    and the pistol would be like a shorter-range bullet version of the railgun.
  13. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

"Bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-BACON!"
  14. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

How about a pink-frosted doughnut with bits of bacon sprinkled on it (Squealer). That would give you a random "platinum" ability.
  15. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

A random Platinum endorsement... I kinda like that. I mean that doughnut does fit if you've read Eka's little bio in the Meet the Team section...
  16. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

1. No...bots are fine as they are.
    2a. Meh
    2b. No, bacon is good but I like the fact that it's rare & makes me say 'hiyo bacon' out loud with excitement :D
    3. Yes, now this I do like - trying to get scrambler kills would be a bitch though.
    New class - no, they need to sort out the glitches for the pros we already have before they give the assault another easy target.

It might be nice to see your suggestions as options for private matches though.
  17. Mrsubguy

Mrsubguy New Member

New class doesn't seem like it would play a role in the game.
    Anyway spawning stronger bots i would also agree with, i wouldn't mind getting protags for getting kills with them though. bacon dispensers also seem like a silly idea :roll:

Improving on what zoom said i think that the machine should give you a random silver endorsement instead of platinum, only giving you platinum if you already had said skill at silver or gold.
  18. Drag0nmstah

Drag0nmstah New Member

I've considered something and all who are reading this forum may like to take a look into this concept.

If they do create a bacon vendor the game designers may choose to have the bacon either cost a high amount such as 750-1000 or it could be a more dulled down version of bacon by giving out only bronze or silver endorsements.

Also, if we could possibly move some of these ideas into the blitz matches we might have a better version of blitz. Pay a high price for bacon in blitz mode (cause everybody knows that at a certain point money becomes useless) and maintaining the thought from before this would not affect your bacon collection count. Finally, I would like to mention the idea or possibly a radial damage turret such as a fire turret to play a role as an opposite to the ice turret. The idea would follow much of the Rockit-Lazerblazer concept (many weak bullets or few strong bullets). Slowed bots or drained bots. Continuing this blitz thought, what if we could spawn counter bots to defend just as we can spawn bots in crossfire. There would be a cap to the number of spawned bots (which is much like when some supports spawn so many gapshots that they think they broke the bot spawn-no you just have too many spawned on the field) allowing for only so many groups and this would be a way to defend instead of dying and getting breached and losing because of that one time you got over-powered. Scramblers? They would most likely either drain their power to slow them down or drain their power to slow their bullets.

Thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

P.S. I have been receiving messages telling me to join the uber crew. Please quit sending these. I get the point and there is slim to none the likelyhood that i would be allowed into their development team.
  19. Mrsubguy

Mrsubguy New Member

No just flat out
  20. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Platinum health regen on assasssin? :twisted:
    Platinum Skill on Assault? :twisted:
    Platinum reload speed on tank? :twisted: