Massive Graphics Failure

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Geers, September 30, 2014.

1. Rafael09ED

Rafael09ED New Member

I just experience this twice, Once was at the start of the game, the 2nd was half way though. Both times happened in the Galaxy War single player game. In the 2nd one, since it was half way though, I continued playing since I was going to win anyway, and got some interesting information. It happened when I double clicked ~30 of the space fabricator space ships. Windows eventually gave me a low Ram warning asking me to save and close PA.exe. Google Chrome also crashed with a warning including something about 0x000000 or something like that at 0x0000000 . I closed it so I could not copy it. When I got the message I also looked at my ram usage, and out of ~16 , 7 GB was used while the game said it was only taking ~2. Once I won the game and when back to the galaxy, everything was black and it is impossible to continue on from there. I think this might have more than just graphics involved. I just opened up Process Hacker and am looking at the properties, and in Memory it has 48,661,335 and counting (~+4 per second) page faults. I don't know if that is important, but I thought I would post it.

I am using the GTX 760. I just read some of the previous posts, and I think I had just zoomed out quickly to grab them all, but I am not sure. Not a step by step, but I hope some of this info is of help.
    Remy561 likes this.
  2. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

New information is always helpful!! :)

And yes, it might seem that zooming causes it, it was thought several times. But it probably has to do with the texture scaling that the game does when zooming. The last time I had this error was while testing the save/load feature in PTE. There the error occurred upon generating the planets after loading. So it is not related to zooming or any ingame command since it also happens upon loading the game.
    But the pagefault information you gave could be nice ;)

Edit, to keep everything in this thread, here is my bugpost of it:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...eedback-here-please.68093/page-3#post-1072522
    Last edited: March 6, 2015
  3. Geers

Geers Post Master General

@bgolus Does that help?
  4. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

5. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Wow haven't seen that one in a while! (Haven't been playing much either :p)
  6. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Just ran into this playing galactic war with Titans.
    Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce it.

I don't know if it is related, but I remember I was messing around with the social bar during the landing sequence and it didn't show up properly, remaining transparent (the normal bar moved up).
    When I clicked the button to bring up the PIP, everything filled up with static.
    The problem even remained after quitting to main menu and starting the mission again.

I only have PA stats installed at the moment.

Attached Files:

7. fiouch_hr

fiouch_hr New Member

I had the same issue today in TITANS.
    I played Galactic War, Medium size, Medium difficulty, Nemicus commander. I was on the map screen, ready to start a fight against orange faction leader Metrarch the Machinist. I started the match, game loaded and immediately I got the blurry low-resolution colored noise texture and no other textures. Only other thing that worked well is UI and green metal nodes. When first loaded, framerate was 1-2 and GPU usage was 99%. Both PA and server processes used over 1GB of RAM, together around 3GB total. Once I clicked on a planet framerate went up to around 10-15 and GPU usage went down below 50%. CPU usage was around 30% all the time. I can quit the game, return to galactic war, return to menu, reeenter galactic war, start the match again and the same thing happens. I didn't use PIP, whatsoever, the bug appeared right after loading the game. When I restarted the game it didn't happen.

I'm not sure if this part of DXdiag means anything:
    +++ WER5 +++:
    Fault bucket 128875552437, type 5
    Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0
    Problem signature:
    P1: server.exe

+++ WER6 +++:
    Fault bucket 128875402131, type 5
    Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_WOW64
    Problem signature:
    P1: CoherentUI_Host.exe

+++ WER7 +++:
    Fault bucket 128874892156, type 5
    Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64
    Problem signature:
    P1: PA.exe

I will upload a video I recorded with my phone once it uploads.

My specs:
    Gainward nVidia GTX660 (DXdiag) running drivers 355.60,
    i7 920 overclocked to 3.48GHz with HT on,
    X-Fi XtremeGamer Sound Card,
    Windows 10 x64 Pro.

Same thing happened to me sometime in October 2014 on old PA.
    Last edited: August 20, 2015