Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Deadpool FTW, January 22, 2011.

1. PinkPwnageFrenzy

PinkPwnageFrenzy New Member

Shuma team is Shuma(Mystic Ray)/Dormammu(Black Hole)/Doom(Hidden Missiles)

Kinda cookie-cutter, but so far it's working well. Shuma can build meter pretty well, then cover Dorm with Mystic Ray if I can DHC/tag him. If not then Dorm has usually around 3 meters if I'm doing okay. Might swap out Doom or spend a lot of lab time on him though, I really suck with him as an anchor.

Shuma seems to really have trouble comboing midscreen, though. I've been going for c.LMH S sj.MMH u+H H Mystic Smash for the reset because more often than not Shuma ends up behind my opponent and I can keep going.
  2. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

I expected more from Shuma. He's a decent character, but other characters can do what he does, only much better.

Jill is actually better than I thought, though. Level 3 X-Factor is uncontrollable, though.
  3. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

I enjoy Shuma way more than Jill. Jill has some great speed and damage, but shuma is i want to say the perfect character. His hyper 3 is one of a kind too, im really happy over that. Jills Hyper 3 is like a means to abuse her basic speed and combos
  4. PinkPwnageFrenzy

Yeah, Jill lvl 3 is ridiculous. You have to be on point or else WHOOSH, there she goes.
  5. PinkPwnageFrenzy

Sentinel now has 905,000 health, down from 1,300,000. The Spencer/Haggar glitch is now fixed, still waiting on furthur patch details. Oh, and they're releasing a new mode on Friday.
  6. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

The nerf was awful extreme considering he's still taller than most characters while crouching. A character of that size needs extra health. It probably would be better to make his damage output the same if not less than the Hulk.
  7. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

Also, they nerfed Spencer's corner combos. Goddamn fighting game patches.
  8. PinkPwnageFrenzy

Now he's a giant glass cannon, which is really lame. They took a whole Phoenix off his health bar! I don't even use the big guy and I think that's dumb. And now he gets super destroyed when he gets punished as an assist. 150% damage increase because he's an assist as it is. One hyper from a lot of characters can kill him, or at least bring him to the brink of death. Or even a simple combo that would at least do ~450,000.
    Especially knee jerk fighting game patches. Seriously should have waited at least 3 months.
  9. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

My line up:
    Donate
    Ryu
    Sentinel
  10. Ultim4t3 Ninja

Ultim4t3 Ninja New Member

My team is

Ammy

Spencer

Wolverine
  11. PinkPwnageFrenzy

lol, Donate. I can see that working fairly well, Ryu needs meter so he's in a good spot, and Sentinel is Sentinel, pretty much good wherever you put him. Which assists do you use? I'd suggest Dante(Jam Session/Weasel Shot)/Ryu(Tatsu)/Sentinel(Sentinel Force) if you didn't already have it that way.
    Curious as to why you picked that particular order. I'd go Wolverine/Ammy/Spencer if you put Ammy on Cold Star to help Wolvy lock people down into mixups, or Ammy/Wolverine/Spencer with Wolvy on Berserker Slash assist, to help open up opponents that sit on down/back.
  12. MLGIntervention

Yes i have those assists they work very well.
  13. Miracle

Miracle New Member

You mean Sentinel works very well.
  14. MLGIntervention

icwhatudidtharjeff
  15. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

The only thing that kept Sentinel competitive was his great assists. Every character has unreactable instant overheads on him that lead into a full combo. This means if you have x-factor and you want to kill Sentinel, all you have to do is get him to block once. Otherwise, you have to get him to block twice. Also, he literally can't hit you if just up-back.

tl;dr, Sentinel was mid-tier at best, now he's bottom.
  16. MLGIntervention

If you look on the leaderboards most of the top players use him he still is very good.
    He does not see play in competitive.
  17. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

Implying that the XBL leaderboards mean anything at all.
  18. MLGIntervention

Go vs some of the top players and see if it does?
  19. BabelFish

BabelFish New Member

My team is Morrigan, Tron, and Ammy. I think Tron is my best character.
  20. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

At the highest levels of play (the levels that tier lists are optimized for), Sentinel was the upper range of middle tier. Now he's solid mid. The only thing the health nerf did was chase away online scrubs who were well aware that in the majority of online matches, they could just mash out c.M, S, and j.S, and hit confirm half a life bar away in just a few hits with, at worst, a severe risk of mild punishment. Now he has to be played smarter, and the best players will still use him.

After all, Sentinel:

- has great normals
    - has better hypers
    - can fly
    - has great assists
    - has hyper armor on some attacks
    - has probably the most painful DHC in the game
    - deals ridiculous damage

Sentinel is still a good character, it's just that he no loner has such a huge lifebar to act as a buffer for poor planning or execution.