Marshall's PA Casts and Gameplay Videos (450+)

Discussion in 'Videos And Replays!' started by wpmarshall, August 2, 2013.

1. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Many thanks :), [to everyone].
    Though with regards to my priorities; putting plans into action seems to be the hardest thing haha...oh how I both love and hate procrastination (I should be writing an experimental report right now on Visual Magnification in the brain and peripheral compensation) but oh well :) Almost done anyway haha.

I hope to be able to maybe get a few casts in over the easter break which i can record in the evenings after a full day's work; so while I might be able to create content, my energy in that content will likely see a decline in the period of late March through until mid-May.

In relation to comments earlier about 'clean-ness' in videos - I try to keep my casts clean though with some of the POVs it might be hard, especially since other players in the Realm get quite into the game as they enjoy it so much :p

I will of course endeavor to remind them henceforth ;)

Thanks again for everyone's support and patience :D
  2. iceDrop

iceDrop Active Member

Yup yup. After the kudos given to others I also reflected back on whether I had ever actually heard such an utterance from you, and could not recall a single instance. Please don't regard my praise for others there as a condemnation at you. :) Not at all. I simply hadn't been paying enough attention over a long enough time span to know for sure.

Since the topic is lingering, I'll offer some more. My son only discovered my gameplay after my wife called me out recently on "who were you talking to, why didn't you come downstairs right away, etc" while I was on Realm teamspeak, finishing a long interplanetary game (conceding, actually - for time) as they returned home. Since then, he's decided that, since I won't name the game (annihilation is outside his current vocabulary, and I see no reason to correct that just now), he calls it: Bionicles (a Lego reference).

If anyone ever decides to tag things as clean for sub-10 year olds in this area, I'll submit that as an appropriate tag. Lawyers be damned.
  3. wpmarshall

"Planetary Annihilation Beta, Live Interplanetary Gameplay; 20+nukes ~ Bionicle Friendly" xD
    iceDrop likes this.
  4. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Oh wow, there's a blast from the past. I think I still have mine lying around somewhere.
    iceDrop likes this.
  5. iceDrop

iceDrop Active Member

Ironically, he technically has no Bionicles, which were cancelled four years ago. He has several Hero Factory characters, which were the seemingly direct replacement, started up just as Bionicles was sunset.
    He's seen a few Bionicles animated movies on netflix though, made the connection between the two lines, and the catchier name stuck. So he calls his sets Bionicles, and it apparently seemed the best fit for him to name this game.

Love it!

(and sorry for veering off-topic)
  6. wpmarshall

While I try to get some PA vids going, I have a few other series on my channel that may interest people, just in case you needed some light (poor) entertainment, hah. E.g. Worms, Tomb Raider, Amnesia etc
    mishtakashi likes this.
  7. wpmarshall

8. wpmarshall

I'm going to say this now, I've had a think about it and I've come to a conclusion.
    Basically what I am saying is that I suspect I will be resigning from making content for PA. 100% certainty? No. Permanent? Not sure.
    But at the moment it is looking quite likely because of the way I am feeling and the circumstances I find myself in and have been in (looking back) for a long time; it's getting me very down, which doesn't mix well with being down most of the time anyway.

I have a few games recorded - POVs and dualcasts, but after that I will be making a short video explaining this post which I hope will shed some light on it. I know this may seem slightly mysterious, and in truth it should be - it's another thing I've been thinking about and I find being mysterious can help make you harder to predict. Regardless of the side-effects I find this useful. Until then, yeah... hope you enjoy my content, though the extent 'you' covers, I don't know that either.
    Last edited: February 8, 2014
  9. Methlodis

Methlodis Active Member

Sorry to hear that man, your videos were the first I watched on PA and actually got me to finally buy the game after following it for a while. You even introduced me to Zaphod's channel. Hope you reconsider not making videos, and whatever behind the scenes works itself out. Good lick man, and am looking forward to any videos you do make int he future.
  10. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

D:

What else can I say? I really don't understand why you are leaving, so I cannot talk you out of it ;)

But if PA is having a serious effect on your RW life, then please, by all means, put the focus where it belongs. :eek:
  11. wpmarshall

PA isn't having an effect on my life so much, but lately a series of things have disheartened me greatly leading me to ask myself - 'Why do I bother?'
    I've been quite down lately anyway so recent happenings didn't help. I doubt I'll be 'leaving' but for the time being I don't imagine I'll be as active because of recent things that have got me down.
  12. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

:( </3
  13. wpmarshall

Belay that order!
  14. wpmarshall

2v5 Hilarity with [Uber] Brad

15. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

This must have happened RIGHT AFTER I LEFT

Also, dafuq?
  16. elitedanzel

elitedanzel Active Member

loool, this game.
    Your mic volume was quite a bit louder than everyone elses, if you could fix that for next time plz <3
    wpmarshall likes this.
  17. wpmarshall

Don't worry, apologies for this, I didn't expect to be recording and so I had no time to set the levels in teamspeak, plus we were all hyped up and talking a fair bit louder than usual.
    Last edited: February 8, 2014
  18. wpmarshall

1v1 POV Vs [RLM]Herosattack ~Bombers Vs Bots~

19. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

K, got something to do while making my lunch today. Great works for all us lazy people!
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  20. wpmarshall

Another 1v1 POV (My last POV for a while I expect as I want to get back into casting now)
    Between myself and [RLM} Habdel.