Marshall's PA Casts and Gameplay Videos (450+)

Discussion in 'Videos And Replays!' started by wpmarshall, August 2, 2013.

1. abubaba

abubaba Well-Known Member

I vote for icons always on too.. though I do appreciate any caster who zooms in on the battles every once in a while too, just to take in all teh pretty graphixx. One solution to the icons problem would be to have their opacity fade to some degree when zoomed in.
  2. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

1v1 Livecast ~Man11th Vs Grizzy~

Still have the icons on.

mishtakashi likes this.
  3. wpmarshall

4v4 Livecast ~Man11th, A3udi, Mariona, Baconiffic Vs Infrabasse, Grizzy, RoCKAA, Allot~

(Delayed due to youtube failing)
    Last edited: December 29, 2013
  4. wpmarshall

Re-Uploaded above

5. wpmarshall

6. wpmarshall

Woah, with that last video I think I may have just passed the 100 PA Videos mark! Just want to thank everyone who watches / enjoys my videos :D
    philoscience likes this.
  7. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I love your videos! Sometimes I really want a cast with the all-seeing perspective, and you deliver that! I can't wait for your cold to clear up though as I'm really OCD about listening to people cough or clear their throat. Anyway, looking forward to more casts!
  8. wpmarshall

Yeah apologies, with some of the weather and place of living and my bad hay fever I get; being at home really (and clearly) affects me, though Im back at Uni now and it'll hopefully calm down again before my next cast.
    Many thanks though :)
    philoscience likes this.
  9. philoscience

Excellent match! Man11th had that but he got too cocky. With so much production I can't believe he didn't make a massive swarm of fighters and keep them on that com constantly. Goes to show that turtling can work if you can make it to T2 bombers, but wow was that close! One or two more ant pushes and he had him for sure. Loved the defensive bombing. Excellent plays from both coms.
  10. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

Just subscribed to your channel today, I really like the traditional commentary style you use, keep up the good work :)
  11. wpmarshall

Many thanks :) I try and differ from most other PA vids which tend to POV based gameplay as I find casting games much more interesting and enjoyable than playing them (i'm not particularly good at the game haha).
    Someone has to the hold the baton for the livecasts :D
    Last edited: January 21, 2014
    mishtakashi likes this.
  12. wpmarshall

Part 2 of my Orbital FFA going up tomorrow as it finalising now, but won't have enough time to upload today.
  13. wpmarshall

14. wpmarshall

~Godde Vs Matizpl~ Tournament Final ~1v1 Dualcast with Masterofroflness

15. iceDrop

iceDrop Active Member

Ok, I just cut you off on that last video of yours (quit before hearing the entire rant) to come here and plead for you to not abandon. FUC this s*** seriously. No way no how, uh uh, no no no. No way no how. You and brad are closely 2nd IMO on best of the lot here, and since brad hasn't uploaded anything in a few weeks, I'm starved for anything non-zaphod in this "genre".

Don't make f***ing metabolical the uber dev become the defacto second highest rated youtuber/twitcher. Gag. (No offense meta, love the live casts) We need you, man. Seriously. Sigh. I almost see this as a watershed moment in the esports potential of this game. I know the counts are disappointing. I get it. But if you abandon this, that almost decrees that zaphod is it. Entirely. And as good as that is anyway, exclusivity in that is not what he's shooting for, I can personally (without talking to him, but knowing from osmosis) guarantee. This genre and this game need depth and attention. You have demonstrated an ability to convey both to an untrained audience. Few others have. Please don't leave. Please.

Your commentary is valuable, and many of us hope this game massively outlives things like your upcoming school schedule, etc. I know I've valued your insight, and it's affected my gameplay for sure. I may not be a top tier player and I may never be, but there are folks out there with interest, and you've been helping us figure this game out, and improve. And ugh, I dont know if I can convey what I hope to here. In a nutshell, I heard you on the brink of giving up, and wanted to say NO NO, a thousand times NO. Guess that sums it up.

To borrow from the massive thread in the main forum about strategy. . . Meh, I'm too tired actually. Think I captured it above I hope. If not maybe I'll try again.
  16. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

Brad has been having trouble switching isps unfortunately, He should be back in action later this week all things going well
  17. wpmarshall

@iceDrop , do not worry, I have no intention of leaving or giving up entirely, yes at times it can seem like I am gathering dust from my own perspective as it were, but at the end of the day 2 things matter - Audience enjoyment and my own enjoyment. I sure as heck know I enjoy producing content for PA in my own style and as you have demonstrated there are a fair few who watch, enjoy and value my content also. > Win : Win

With regards to my video, it wasn't intended as a rant, but certainly a few things I raised there I feel are valid regarding the PA media community etc. To be honest, I don't want to be 'one of many'; I like having my own commentary style which I think is what makes my content what it is, correct me if I'm wrong haha.

Unfortunately however, I am in my second year of university now and S*** is heating up, so I will be focusing a lot more on that until my exams finish. I think with my timetable just arrived my last exam is something like the 16th of May so until then I'm not sure how often I can upload content.

Thank you very much for your replies :)

For the benefit of others, the video referred to is here:
    Last edited: January 29, 2014
    iceDrop likes this.
  18. philoscience

Yay, your back! I was really missing your commentary. Good luck with exams.

Also, don't worry about the other casters. You and ZaphodX are pretty much the only enjoyable ones...
    wpmarshall likes this.
  19. iceDrop

iceDrop Active Member

Good to know. Looking forward to it. Thanks.

In the interim I watched your 4 videos and enjoyed em, thnx! (meant to do that awhile ago now, but time constraints and all)

What I like most of all, and will repost in your thread, is the burning clan TS reminder to "keep it clean" in the 2nd video. I have a son who periodically discovers my interest in this game, and finding a caster who makes it very easy for me to share content with him (he's under 10) is pure gold. Thank you!
    mishtakashi likes this.
  20. iceDrop

iceDrop Active Member

I rewatched the video earlier today and realize now that you gave adequate early warning that you weren't abandoning. And I [very ironically] had cut off the video just prior to your late statement reaffirming that.

So sorry to have panicked there irrationally, and it was clearly my fault despite your adequate reaffirmations. Thank you for your response though, and I too wish you all the best on your studies and exams. It's been a while for me now, but I very clearly recall how demanding those were. You've seem to have your priorities straight. Right on; best wishes.
    mishtakashi and wpmarshall like this.